Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Oregon State

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
ASU will be on the road this week taking on yet another pretty good opponent in Oregon State. Both teams are coming off losses against Top 5 opponents, and both teams have 2 losses against ranked teams now. This game will be a stepping stone for one of these two programs. Will ASU pull out a road win in Corvallis?

HooverDam

Reaction score
Our team is made up of players that can only accurately be described as high functioning retards. That being said, they're damned physically talented (outside of the garbage O-line) and should've won the last 2 weeks. I think they can go into Corvallis and run over and around the Beavers. The stupid play, turnovers and penalties costed them against UW and OU but against a more evenly matched opponent like OSU I think the Devils talent can hide those flaws.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wrong board, sorry guys.

Last edited:

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Those stupid plays definitely have cost us big time. We are a better team than Oregon State, and judging by the play I've seen, we should beat them convincingly. However, based on our history I would not be surprised to see us come out completely flat the rest of the season after these heartbreakers.

OP
OP
D

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
Those stupid plays definitely have cost us big time. We are a better team than Oregon State, and judging by the play I've seen, we should beat them convincingly. However, based on our history I would not be surprised to see us come out completely flat the rest of the season after these heartbreakers.

Oregon State is not a bad team, and both of their losses came on the road to teams ranked in the Top 6. Corvallis is not an easy place to win, ASU will have to play well to get a win there.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Oh, I realize they're a quality team. I am just saying we have the talent level to get a big win. We had so many opportunities to embarrass two top-10 teams the last couple of weeks, so the ability is there. Our inability to execute in those big moments is why I also said that I don't expect to win this game. I do hope we wake up and make something of this season.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this is the game ASU uses to get off the bench in conference play. Oregon State is giving up 200 yards rushing per game and their offense is based on two players. ASU played them tough last year save a couple of big plays, but the offense couldn't do anything. Like Oregon, I think Bray cooks up a better scheme learning from what he saw last year, but ASU runs for about 170 yards and balances out the offense better. I'm calling it a two touchdown win on the road.

Because I'm crazy like that.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This has got to be the most poorly coached Sun Devil team I have ever seen. The way they turn the ball over, the way they can't finish halves, the way they are penalized, the way they never seem able to outscheme anybody. It seems like they have some talented players but they can't seem to execute against physically inferior opponents. They have no discipline.

Hello rebuilding here we come.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The defense needs to make a stop sometime today, this isn't arena football.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen enough. I'm tired of the Dennis Erickson experiment. Between the coaching and team character, if we don't turn this game around I wouldn't be shocked to see this team roll over and play dead once again. We're capable of beating this OSU squad but not if we keep playing stupid. OTOH, maybe we're not actually playing stupid.

Steve

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
And they have no discipline on defense. They take a lot of risks but they get few rewards.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Threet is the best QB in the Pac-10... until he gets into the red zone... :rolleyes:

HooverDam

Reaction score
this has to be the stupidest team to ever lace them up. Every freaking week they find a new and ******** way to lose, its mind boggling. They're so poorly coached and undisciplined.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Erickson Era
Official time of death 6:55PM October 2, 2010.

OP
OP
D

desertrat218

Veteran
Reaction score
ASU has played better than I expected they would this year. I figured this game could go either way and only took Oregon State because they were the home team. I think ASU made a great move with Noel Mazzone and see vast improvement in the offense over last year. I think ASU will ruin someone's season this year.

Drop D

Striving for the Penultimate
Reaction score
Although this was a very frustrating game all around, Guard/Tackle Mike Marcisz (70) stood out for his ineptitude. He seemed to be standing around, looking for someone to block while Threet was getting sacked.

He actually released off the defender that sacked Threet near the endzone of ASU. He slide left help double team the outside rusher. A split second after he shifted and the other ASU lineman blocking the sacker shifted right to help to stop the penetration from the right. That left the sacker wide open up the middle. Grrrr!

At least there is nowhere to go but up.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Step-step-step-throw.

That's the supposed rhythm of the spread offense. But not this one. This one they have receivers running 20-yard dig routes so you get ...

step-step-step-pauuuse-scramble-sack.

Mazzone is an idiot savant.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Those tailbacks you guys have are going to make him look a lot better.

The one bright side of an otherwise maddening season. Lewis is an absolute stud, and Marshall ain't too shabby either.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lewis has a shoulder sprain and will probably miss the UW game. He's way too small to be an every down back, especially as a freshman.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison