Arizona Football 2013

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Oregon has them right where they want them....

Ya sure about that? Wow... UofA literally beat the crap out of Oregon! Carey is having an unreal game. 41 carries with half of the 4th quarter still to go! And I never expected to see Denker play this well... Amazing game for the Cats...
Hopefully, they experience a massive letdown next week against the Devils!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never post upon the University of Arizona forum but I had to this afternoon. Congratulations to Arizona upon their win over Oregon. It is a tremendous victory. As an ASU fan I am happy for the Wildcats... today only.

I hope to see tremendous sportsmanship when the Wildcats and Sun Devils meet in Tempe.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I'm speechless. Not sure what happened. Again, RichRod coached a hell of a game and the defense stepped up. This is what the 3-3-5 is designed to do--minimize the impact of spread offenses. Can't wait until we get actual talent on defense.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'm speechless. Not sure what happened. Again, RichRod coached a hell of a game and the defense stepped up. This is what the 3-3-5 is designed to do--minimize the impact of spread offenses. Can't wait until we get actual talent on defense.

Doesn't matter, they will figure it out, the always do.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great job on a huge victory! Should be a great game next week against ASU. May the best team win.

TJ

Reaction score
Hope Oregon enjoys El Paso.

They deserve it after their arrogant comments about being "disappointed" about the prospect of playing in the Rose Bowl.

Add that to the DAT "40 point" comment against Stanford and they're closely becoming one of my least favorite teams in the nation.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Hope Oregon enjoys El Paso.

Unless they totally fall apart and lose to Oregon St, I doubt they drop that far in the bowls.

Lets assume ASU wins at home vs UA and loses to Stanford in the P-12 title game. Thats the most likely scenario, though of course crazy things can happen. I'd think the bowls would be:

Rose: Stanford
Alamo: Oregon
Holiday: ASU
Sun: UCLA (if they beat SC)
Vegas: SC
Kraft: Washington (I'm assuming they beat Wazzu)
New Mexico: Wazzu

some unaffiliated bowl: UofA

maybe an unaffiliated bowl, or left out in the cold: Oregon St.

Now if SC beats UCLA, I doubt the Sun wants SC two years in a row. So they could take Washington instead, sending SC to Vegas and UCLA to Kraft.

I don't think New Mexico bowl wants UA again, and that trip is pretty unappealing for both Arizona schools. Wazzu hasn't been bowling in a decade, even though the New Mexico bowl isn't anything special, their fans would still probably make a good showing.

The Poinsettia Bowl takes MWC #2 versus Army, but Army is ineligible. I could see UofA going there, which I would think is a more appealing destination for UA fans than ABQ would be. Plus it would have the interesting/fun wrinkle of having UA and ASU fans in SD over the same weekend.

Not sure what bowl Oregon St could end up in. The Big Ten won't fill their 8 slots, so the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl in Detroit. Obviously that's a super unappealing destination, I can't imagine Oregon St fans heading there.

Probably the most likely destination for Oregon St is the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl in Boise. Oregon St fans could easily travel there. The MWC may not fill all 6 of its slots, though I imagine Colorado St beats Air Force and gets that slot.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Y'all are "cordially" invited to the Battle for the Territorial Cup discussion we are having on the Arizona State forum.

Don't be shy now, tell us what you really think.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Y'all are "cordially" invited to the Battle for the Territorial Cup discussion we are having on the Arizona State forum.

Don't be shy now, tell us what you really think.

I don't see the Cats winning this one. It will be tough to perform like they did against Oregon. ASU is very tough at home. I say the UofA loses 42-27.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I don't see the Cats winning this one. It will be tough to perform like they did against Oregon. ASU is very tough at home. I say the UofA loses 42-27.

As an ASU fan and Alumni, I predict it will be within 2 points.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
1. For starters don't know about you guys but the game I'm most looking forward to and if I had to choose one win this weekend it would be the Duke game on Friday. Would like to see us win both but if I only got one that would be it. Arizona probably needs to be a 1/2 seed to win the Nat'l Championship and that win will likely us get there. Saturday's game is the difference between the Kraft Fight Hunger and New Mexico Bowl. Being able to gloat is nice but no longer living in Phoenix I don't run into too many ASU fans so whatever. Even then they'd still have bragging rights as Pac-12 South Champs.

2. As far as the game goes, Grice being out definitely helps UofA. Lewis is a fumbling machine and isn't nearly as good. Foster also hasn't been much of a threat out of the backfield so far in his career carrying the ball. But more importantly, those guys being inferior threats at RB also in theory inhibit Taylor Kelly's running out of the read option. When he doesn't run the ball well and is forced to be a pocket passer his numbers and ASU as a whole play much worse.

Games Kelly has been held under 50 yards rushing this year:
Sac State (garbage time game)
Wisconsin
Stanford
Notre Dame
Colorado (garbage time game)
Utah
Oregon State

TD to INT ratio in those games is 9/7. Take out hot crap CU and Sac State and that is 4/7. If Arizona can slow down the run they have a chance in this one especially since they have the ability to take the air out of the ball on offense with Carey. That being said Arizona isn't a great defensive team and are (putting this lightly) questionable at QB so...

ASU - 33
Arizona - 24

From a macro perspective it's hard to argue that both of these coaches have not done tremendous jobs at each school. I didn't think much of the Graham hire (within my province there, his track record pre-2013 was mediocre at best) and was up in the air on Rodriguez as well due to the Michigan disaster but both have vastly increased their program's stock. Granted Graham has gotten off to the quicker start but much of that is due to him recruiting 18 JUCO's to Rodriguez's 3 as well as inheriting a much superior roster. Recruiting locally is still disappointing but with each coach truly disliking one another it can only serve as motivation there. The true determining factor of each coach's worth will be in 2015-2016 when each has their own roster of their own guys but until then and regardless of outcome Saturday I'm happy with where the Cats are at and obviously same could be said for the ASU folks here.

TJ

Reaction score
Well...sh-t.

Glad the future looks bright in Tucson.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too bad about Bondurant. He was expected to be the strength of that secondary. Will be tough in the pass crazy Pac 12.

TJ

Reaction score
Too bad about Bondurant. He was expected to be the strength of that secondary. Will be tough in the pass crazy Pac 12.

Depth takes a hit, but Parks takes his place, who's crazy athletic and has great instincts.

Word is Bondo can come back if he fulfills his disciplinary responsibilities, but unlikely.

EDIT: Bondo working on rejoining the team, now.

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He is back on the team. Btw, the Cats don't have a shortage in the secondary. Parks is going to be an All-Pac-12 player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard