TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started off the game listening to the Dodger feed. They were talking about how the fans aren't so worried about the division for obvious reasons. (It's still unrealistic) But that they have a fear right now, and that fear has a face. The D'Backs. It's all they are talking about, and what they are worried about. Is playing us in October. What an accomplishment, considering the Dodger Payroll is a whopping 260 million. Way more than double ours

they've been talking that same fear on the morning radio shows also.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Dodger fans better hope that their team is simply not giving a crap and waiting for the postseason, because losing 11 of 12 is kind of embarrassing.

Judging by the reactions of their players (Grandal breaking his bat after striking out, Puig bashing his bat over his head after popping out, Bellinger tossing his bat after flying out) I'd say they do indeed care... a lot. Especially because it's the Dbacks that just swept them - uh, TWICE!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
To root for the Rockies or root for the Dodgers haha. Honestly whoever wins this series is likely to not effect us either way. So go Rockies! Keep chipping away at any confidence the Dodgers have. No way we catch LAD, but I'd like to make it actually uncomfortable for them. 10.5 games is a massive lead still.

We just need to focus on our own games... if we do what we're supposed to do, nothing else matters at this point. And more importantly, it is NEVER, EVER appropriate to root for the Dodgers... ever!!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We just need to focus on our own games... if we do what we're supposed to do, nothing else matters at this point. And more importantly, it is NEVER, EVER appropriate to root for the Dodgers... ever!!

I love it. All of it. Well said.

At this point the Dbacks don't need to scoreboard watch anyone. Just keep doing what we're doing. Obviously we're not going to win out, but just keep playing this kind of ball. Get to the playoffs and then ANYTHING can happen.

I will say it's CRAZY that we made the division race even a remote topic of conversation. Talk about your all time turnarounds in a season. I dont think it will get that far, but man, we certainly reminded the Dodgers that they aren't going to run to the WS unopposed....

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry to double post. But we really need to stop and appreciate this team doing what NO OTHER DBACK TEAM has ever done: Win 13 in a row!!! That's just awesome. Not a ton of teams do that.

I mean jeez,,, 2 weeks ago we were all as low as we could be about this team, and who could blame us??? They looked lost against Minnesota, just terrible like it was all about to crrumble down. ... but Man, what a turnaround?!?!!

Regardless of what happens from here on out, let's appreciate the heart of this team to REFUSE to go quietly as we have seen so many baseball teams do in the past. These guys have talent and a ton of heart. I dont know how far we can go but I'm thankful for the unexpected ride!

Way to go boys of summer. GO DBACKS!

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to double post. But we really need to stop and appreciate this team doing what NO OTHER DBACK TEAM has ever done: Win 13 in a row!!! That's just awesome. Not a ton of teams do that.

I mean jeez,,, 2 weeks ago we were all as low as we could be about this team, and who could blame us??? They looked lost against Minnesota, just terrible like it was all about to crrumble down. ... but Man, what a turnaround?!?!!

Regardless of what happens from here on out, let's appreciate the heart of this team to REFUSE to go quietly as we have seen so many baseball teams do in the past. These guys have talent and a ton of heart. I dont know how far we can go but I'm thankful for the unexpected ride!

Way to go boys of summer. GO DBACKS!

If we won 4 out of the last nine I would have been ok with that. 9 for 9? You got it man that was fun.

ENJOY IT!!!!!

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I started off the game listening to the Dodger feed. They were talking about how the fans aren't so worried about the division for obvious reasons. (It's still unrealistic) But that they have a fear right now, and that fear has a face. The D'Backs. It's all they are talking about, and what they are worried about. Is playing us in October. What an accomplishment, considering the Dodger Payroll is a whopping 260 million. Way more than double ours

Ya baby they better worry.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Wow. I went to sleep after two innings (my wife really needed some rest and sleeps better when we go to sleep at the same time), and I was thinking this night would be an L, with Walker looking erratic. Still, something about the way we tied it in the top of the second gave me hope. I popped awake at 1 a.m. to find this result. Even though it would have been okay if we lost this game, I think it was important to get the sweep to leave no doubt in the Dodgers' mind that WE OWN THEM right now. What a performance! This has been an unbelievable ride.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the record, look at JD Martinez' stats for the year.

..TEAM......GAMES...HITS...HR...RBI...SLUG%...OPS
DETROIT.......57........61....16....39......630.....1.018
ARIZONA......41........38....18....40......678.....1.011

TOTAL..........98........99....34....79......650.....1.015

And AJ Pollock's.

ARIZONA......91........93.....9.....32......454.......782

Granted, Pollock spent most of his AB's as a #1 or #2 hitter, but that is what he is. Not the #3 hitter he has been used at recently. And certainly not the choice over JD Martinez as a middle of the lineup hitter.

I'm so happy about this current win streak, but I'm even happier after all these years of discussion to see you using OPS! :clapping: :cheers: :bday: :thumbup:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'm so happy about this current win streak, but I'm even happier after all these years of discussion to see you using OPS! :clapping: :cheers: :bday: :thumbup:
'Glad I could make you happy. I always preferred to look at on-base percent and slugging percent separately, because they define the type of hitter and where he fits in the batting order.

Each has a role, but those roles are very different. Blurring them together doesn't tell the whole story. For example, we need a slugger behind Goldy much more than a get-on-base guy ahead of him in the 2 or 3 hole. It is important to get on base for Goldy to drive in. It is more important for a bopper to hit behind Goldy so they don't pitch around him.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Kershaw getting lit up.

Yep... WOW! Colorado wins 9-1.

The Dodgers really are reeling right now. It's still very unlikely that they lose the division, but this is not exactly the ideal way to head into the post season. Ofcourse I'm sure they will right the ship sooner than later.

Still, crazy how good they were and how bad this stretch is,,, The Dodgers are certainly having a memorable season. We'll see where it goes...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Did you guys see the tantrum Kershaw threw when Roberts yanked him? This team has to be the most hatable pro sports team in the history of pro sports! With the exception of Granderson, who was just added via trade, I honestly can't think of one single likeable player on that team! Not enough bad things can happen to the Dodgers...[emoji35][emoji35]

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Where is @Ronin ??? We need a gameday thread we have a 13 game winning streak going, nobody else can do it!!! :p

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's fine, if we lose this game it will definitely be the Coyotes fault... :stick:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard