Arizona Diamondbacks @ LA Dodgers series thread Aug 4th - Aug 6th

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I like AJ as our CF but, except for being a very good fielder, he does not excel in anything. He does not hit consistently for high average. He is not a power hitter or RBI guy. He is not an outstanding baserunner. And Pollock is not feared in a do-or-die situation at the plate.

Most of all, he does not protect Goldy in the lineup, which is invaluable. JD does. If it came down to AJ or JD, it is a no-brainer. Look at the D-backs unbelievable streak and how Goldy got hot since JD got here following him in the batting order. And how JD stepped up (to record proportions) when Goldy was out.

We can replace AJ, especially with his history of injuries and time missed. We cannot replace JD and expect to be the hottest team in baseball. Except for Goldy, there is no hitter on the team more crucial than JD if we expect to stay above mediocrity now that we've reached it. And he wants to be here.

AJ's ceiling is a top-10 player in the league because he was one two years. If it weren't for his unreliability health wise it'd be AJ in a landslide. I think they'll trade him this coming winter or at the deadline next year. Hard to believe we could trade AJ, Eaton and Inciarte in a 5 year span.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, I'm not watching the game, but why didn't the D backs turn a double play there and keep the runner from scoring?

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Walker is currently the starting pitcher I have the least amount of faith in right now.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Dbacks need to put up a fat number this inning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Man I was worried we were gonna leave all those runners on base... and then with two outs Descalso gets hit by a pitch to give us a 2 run lead and LA forced to make another pitching change!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Keep the runs coming in!!

RINGLESS

Veteran
Reaction score
I started off the game listening to the Dodger feed. They were talking about how the fans aren't so worried about the division for obvious reasons. (It's still unrealistic) But that they have a fear right now, and that fear has a face. The D'Backs. It's all they are talking about, and what they are worried about. Is playing us in October. What an accomplishment, considering the Dodger Payroll is a whopping 260 million. Way more than double ours

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I started off the game listening to the Dodger feed. They were talking about how the fans aren't so worried about the division for obvious reasons. (It's still unrealistic) But that they have a fear right now, and that fear has a face. The D'Backs. It's all they are talking about, and what they are worried about. Is playing us in October. What an accomplishment, considering the Dodger Payroll is a whopping 260 million. Way more than double ours

Gotta be real here... the last 6 games we have played against LA, we have missed Kershaw, Wood and Darvish... still, we have beat the crap out of the other starters and their pen, while our pitching has completely shut down their offense.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Even the loses the Dbacks had against the Dodgers earlier in the season, they only lost by 1 run most of the time and give them fits constantly.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am triple vision tired but staying awake really hopin dbacks pull this one out... just pure fun to watch!