Arizona Diamondbacks @ Colorado Rockies July 10 - July 12 2018

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I’m done
If Miller starts I will not watch anymore.
This is sadistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shelby Miller... him getting healthy might ruin our season.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He's at 34 pitches already, in the 1st inning!

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Clay Buchholz should be ready after the All Star break I would think. He needs to be back in the rotation and Miller should be done.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Clay Buchholz should be ready after the All Star break I would think. He needs to be back in the rotation and Miller should be done.

Miller will still be the starter some how.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could we just spot them like... 4 or 5 runs in exchange for them not hitting until the 5th inning?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
They can't - if they want to make the playoffs.

One of the Worst Trades in Dbacks history.

Probably not even the worst with the Braves. Granted Miller is awful but he was a legit #2-3 before he came here. The Diamondbacks overpaid for Miller but the Touki Toussaint trade was a straight cash dump of Bronson Arroyo’s contract. Toussaint has been dominating the minors this year and may get called up in September. 21 years old with no injury history.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Go from one bad pitcher right into another. :bang:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not even the worst with the Braves. Granted Miller is awful but he was a legit #2-3 before he came here. The Diamondbacks overpaid for Miller but the Touki Toussaint trade was a straight cash dump of Bronson Arroyo’s contract. Toussaint has been dominating the minors this year and may get called up in September. 21 years old with no injury history.

We gave up Inciarte and Swanson for Miller.

But the Touissant trade could be worse. Can't judge that until he actually pitches in the MLB.

The Stewart Years were awful

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Oh geez. De La Rosa -- based loaded and no one out.

This might be a 20 run nights for the Rockies.

And it looks like Goldy just gave up on a pop up that landed on the field in foul territory. Uh oh!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Interesting that Miller didn't come out for the 2nd inning. Particularly when our pen has been gassed as of late (we haven't had a starter pitch 5 innings in forever!).
Gotta wonder what the thinking is here... Is he hurt again?? :shrug:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Interesting that Miller didn't come out for the 2nd inning. Particularly when our pen has been gassed as of late (we haven't had a starter pitch 5 innings in forever!).
Gotta wonder what the thinking is here... Is he hurt again?? :shrug:
Bert commented on that. He inferred it was in Miller's best interest psychologically rather than physically to get him out of there. It makes sense.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keeping Miller as a starter was a big mistake. Put him in the bullpen or drop him and eat his salary. The trade for him was a disaster. We are in a pennant race and can't afford to continue starting him.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Bert commented on that. He inferred it was in Miller's best interest psychologically rather than physically to get him out of there. It makes sense.

Maybe... if that's the case, I see that as being just as bad as being physically injured. If Miller isn't mentally tough enough to get his ass back out there and try it again, or, if Torey doesn't think he's mentally tough enough... he's toast!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Now 9-1 and the home plate ump is in the Rockies corner. The batter stepped out, De La Rosa stopped his delivery and a balk was called, sending in a run. Per Bert, the rule is that it is not a balk if the batter initiates it. And Jorge threw over 40 pitches in the 2nd inning.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now 9-1 and the home plate ump is in the Rockies corner. The batter stepped out, De La Rosa stopped his delivery and a balk was called, sending in a run. Per Bert, the rule is that it is not a balk if the batter initiates it.

And not challengable?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I am going to go sit in my rocker-recliner and stop posting for awhile. You'll probably hear my cursing across the Valley. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson