Arizona Cardinals Voluntary OTAs week. 05/20/24-05/26/24

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cricket, anyone?

Cricket is miles better than baseball. That's just slander.

When a batter faces 92mph fastballs that bounce off an uneven pitch first and doesn't have to land in a tiny square to be legal, let me know. ;)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

When a batter faces 92mph fastballs that bounce off an uneven pitch first and doesn't have to land in a tiny square to be legal, let me know. ;)
Cricket is the most incomprehensible game known to mankind. A few squad mates and I sat in a pub in Germany one day and watched for hours, looking for any kind of rhyme or reason, yet there seemed to be none :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cricket is the most incomprehensible game known to mankind. A few squad mates and I sat in a pub in Germany one day and watched for hours, looking for any kind of rhyme or reason, yet there seemed to be none :)

I'm not going to say it's simple, but it's not complicated.

Weirdly even though it's very different it reminds me most of football. Different points scored for difference things. The batter is very much like a QB, having to make decisions in a fraction of a second that can decide a game. It's turn based, offense vs defense like football. Both 11 aside. Both wear body pads and helmets.

Obviously lots of major differences but lots of parallels too.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Weirdly even though it's very different it reminds me most of football. Different points scored for difference things. The batter is very much like a QB, having to make decisions in a fraction of a second that can decide a game. It's turn based, offense vs defense like football. Both 11 aside. Both wear body pads and helmets.

A word of caution. I watch many British crime shows, and a lot of people seem to get killed either watching or playing cricket.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:shrug:Cricket is miles better than baseball. That's just slander.

Imagine if every foul ball in baseball off of a 99 mph pitch that moves up/down/in/out actually counted as legal.

When cricketers have to hit a round ball with a round bat squarely, get back to me.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know there are many offseason workouts, some voluntary some not. And I'm wondering if there is one when we can read/hear that one, or more, of our draft picks are looking good or bad? Or do we have to wait for TC?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

best cricket player in history right here...dude is a legend

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Baseball is just cricket refined. They removed the silly parts of the game, the underhand bouncy pitch and the giant paddle bat. Now you actually have to pin point place a pitch. Put some curve on it. Put some drop on it. Skills that very few humans can master. Then there's the skill it takes to hit those pitches with a regular bat. Cricket seems like a drunk party game. Close your eyes and take a whack with your canoe paddle. I'm sure it's fun though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are more similarities to baseball and cricket than football.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

The batter looks like a catcher in baseball...lol I know some MLB players wear some elbow guards and/or shin guards, but it's nothing like what cricket players wear.

NuttinButTDs

Registered
Reaction score
And other cricket news, USA team in a preparatory game against Bangladesh won in a massive upset. And for the first time, USA will be playing World Cup Cricket (T20 version) this year and some of the games are held in NYC, FL and TX. Well thats the only way they could get in, by being a host :)