Arizona Cardinals Voluntary OTAs week. 05/20/24-05/26/24

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The accuracy is true, the impact of the statement of "50% more wins" is misleading.

Making that statement would be looking at the bright side of failure (2 more wins is 50% more!)
But when one speaks about incremental improvement, it does not matter what your starting point is. It's not math's fault we sucked enough to only get 4 wins. I will ALWAYS take 50% improvement year over year. ALWAYS. Would I prefer to not be starting from 4? Duh. Would I prefer to see 300% improvement? Duh. But 50% is a tangible improvement. I just think your distaste for K9 is clouding your opinion on everything he says.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
100% false. Math is math bud. If someones brain cant weigh the difference between 50% more of 8 and 50% more of 4, not my problem.
There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. 50 percent more wins sounds great until you tell people that would put us at 6-11. No one wants that. Had we won 8 games, hell yeah folks would want 50 percent more wins for a 12-5 record. Math is math but numbers change greatly in context.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. 50 percent more wins sounds great until you tell people that would put us at 6-11. No one wants that. Had we won 8 games, hell yeah folks would want 50 percent more wins for a 12-5 record. Math is math but numbers change greatly in context.
Especially when you look at the most favorable home schedule we have had in years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think the point is that people are pointing at those other franchises’ reset seasons as disasters when ours was 30% worse.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But when one speaks about incremental improvement, it does not matter what your starting point is. It's not math's fault we sucked enough to only get 4 wins. I will ALWAYS take 50% improvement year over year. ALWAYS. Would I prefer to not be starting from 4? Duh. Would I prefer to see 300% improvement? Duh. But 50% is a tangible improvement. I just think your distaste for K9 is clouding your opinion on everything he says.
If Gannon and his regime only gets a 50% every year from last year, I'll be pretty sour on them after their 9-9 season.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Gannon and his regime only gets a 50% every year from last year, I'll be pretty sour on them after their 9-9 season.
So a first round playoff loss next year sours you on the regime? I mean, I certainly want more. But man, do you not remember the dreck we trotted out onto the field at the beginning of last season?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So a first round playoff loss next year sours you on the regime? I mean, I certainly want more. But man, do you not remember the dreck we trotted out onto the field at the beginning of last season?
Well based on the model, the Cardinals won 4 games last year and a 50% increase is 6 wins. The year after that, 50% increase puts them at 9 wins, but there is a good chance the NFL is unleashing 18 games schedules by that point.

So 9 wins means the Cardinals aren't a very good football, they miss the playoffs most likely, and we're all probably saying JG needs to go.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well we’re not a very good football team, lol.

There’s a problem with expectations if “we’re all” saying JG needs to go after winning 9 games.
I'm talking about nine wins next year (2025). If we see marked improvement this year and have a productive off-season, I think 9 wins would be a massive disappointment in year three of Gannon.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm talking about nine wins next year (2025). If we see marked improvement this year and have a productive off-season, I think 9 wins would be a massive disappointment in year three of Gannon.
Yea, I noticed which is why I deleted. Incredible how you caught that so fast lol.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
This is...bad
What was bad? Curious as to whether or not it’s a graphic design comment. Or just that it was done?
I don’t think people realize how good he is. If he were on the Chefs, he’d be a pro bowler. Plus, there are no good offensive lines without a good center. Dude is totally holding up his end.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What was bad? Curious as to whether or not it’s a graphic design comment. Or just that it was done?
I don’t think people realize how good he is. If he were on the Chefs, he’d be a pro bowler. Plus, there are no good offensive lines without a good center. Dude is totally holding up his end.
He isn't Tongan.

He's Danish.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Due to my age, I have to be a little greedy when it comes to the team's improvement. So, I'm expecting about a .500 season. Realistically, if we stay relatively healthy, I think we'll have a top ten offense, maybe close to the best since the team has been in Arizona. And not far behind our SB team. If I remember correctly that team had a great passing game with KW, Larry, Anquan, and Breaston. But this year's team will be more of a power running team, and an improved and dangerous passing game. Also, expect to see improvement on defense, but probably a year away from keeping the team from SB contender's. JMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd