Arizona Cardinals sign OL Dennis Daley

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
When said quarterback is rehabbing an ACL and going to miss a bunch of games.
Please show me anywhere where anyone definitively states Kyler is going to miss a "bunch" of games.

Pure speculation.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
i get news is slow

but, this is a league minimum guy who is taking 1/80 roster spots. Do we even know if he will play tackle?

you would think Monti just announced we signed our LT of the future
It is not the individual player, it is the overall group of players. When you say your plan is to build the lines, and then make them worse, people are justified in being critical of that.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
i get news is slow

but, this is a league minimum guy who is taking 1/80 roster spots. Do we even know if he will play tackle?

you would think Monti just announced we signed our LT of the future
I mean, yes. In isolation this move is a nothing burger. But the timing of it (in the first week of free agency) and with the context of everyone else, it suggests that all of these were priority moves for the front office.

You don't jump at the beginning of free agency on randos and camp arms; you fill in your roster with these dudes after the draft. There's probably a plan for these guys to compete immediately for snaps; it's really the only explanation for why the players would sign a minimum salary deal now, as well.

This isn't the Bears or the Lions plan. This is the Houston Texans model and it's why they're embarrassing. There's no "out" of this cycle, because we're going to have to re-sign a bunch of dudes again next year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean, yes. In isolation this move is a nothing burger. But the timing of it (in the first week of free agency) and with the context of everyone else, it suggests that all of these were priority moves for the front office.

You don't jump at the beginning of free agency on randos and camp arms; you fill in your roster with these dudes after the draft. There's probably a plan for these guys to compete immediately for snaps; it's really the only explanation for why the players would sign a minimum salary deal now, as well.

This isn't the Bears or the Lions plan. This is the Houston Texans model and it's why they're embarrassing. There's no "out" of this cycle, because we're going to have to re-sign a bunch of dudes again next year.

There's like a dozen guys working in the FO and all these deals at every level will be worked on at the same time.

It's not like Monti is working down a list on his own.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOL Most sacks given up. That's a great signing right there. Cue the explanations as to why it's a great signing...
We have now signed the OT who gave up the most sacks last season and the Center who gave up the most sacks last season. If we can sign the Guard who gave up the most sacks last season, we will have the full set!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think there is something to this-- especially in the absence of other moves

i still contend the level of angst is totally disproportionate

especially in light of a post by the one guy who has actually been paid for his takes on NFL players saying "he could be something at guard"

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Only we sign 2 dudes who've given up the most sacks. You gotta be freaking kidding me. These Monties are killing me

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based off of what? Hope?
Because this guy is an experienced starter. Our 4th OT is some undrafted free agent.

I mean yeah this guy is worse than I thought he could be when I first made the post, but he still has to be better than a guy off the street. With that said as bad as he appears to be I hope we never have to play him.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Because this guy is an experienced starter. Our 4th OT is some undrafted free agent.

I mean yeah this guy is worse than I thought he could be when I first made the post, but he still has to be better than a guy off the street. With that said as bad as he appears to be I hope we never have to play him.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shouldn't a goal of a team be to avoid some of the standout worst players when considering acquisitions?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

He's literally a guy off the street.

Or do you mean that he's better than some random bum?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Bad experience is worse than no experience. You cannot tell me this is the best, cheap guy with experience available. Sorry, no. "But he used to play for the Titans!" is not a reason to sign him. That kind of blind homerism GM-ship dents Monti's already battered rep at this point. This FO isn't showing consistency in what they're trying to do, and it shows.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bad experience is worse than no experience. You cannot tell me this is the best, cheap guy with experience available. Sorry, no. "But he used to play for the Titans!" is not a reason to sign him. That kind of blind homerism GM-ship dents Monti's already battered rep at this point. This FO isn't showing consistency in what they're trying to do, and it shows.

Monti has no reputation until the final list comes out of camp.

And Gannon has no reputation until we see how that plays on the field.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Monti has no reputation until the final list comes out of camp.

And Gannon has no reputation until we see how that plays on the field.
lol If you say it, it must be true. The fans and people following the NFL in general will refrain from forming opinions on him until then, I'm sure lol Gimme a break.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Copying the Bears and Lions in not historically a good idea.
At this point it’s either that or play the band-aid Keim philosophy.
This team is trash. We won 4 games last year with the players we had. How much worse can it get?
We are going to have to turn this roster over to get better. We are going to have to like it or lump it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose