Arizona Cardinals @ San Francisco 49ers Pre Game Thread. 09/24/23-09/30/23

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I think we beat the spread. I don’t see the beat down that most people think will happen. The coaching staff definitely has this team playing better than their talent level and players like Conner and Gardeck have upped their game. I don’t know if we win or not but I see this team fighting for a win.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah last year they beat us 38-13 and 38-10. Neither game was very competitive.

Unlike Dallas, they never seem to have any trouble beating the crap out of us when they have the better team, and I think this game is much more dangerous than was today's game.

But after today, I think we have a puncher's chance. Maybe shake up Purdy a little bit, keep our running game going, and see what happens.
Agree. This is a SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult challenge. Mainly because Shanahan is a WAY better coach than McCarthy. As is usually the case, McCarthy got outcoached. It won’t be as easy to outcoach Shanahan. But, the Cardinals will scheme differently for SF, and I’ll be disappointed if we get beat as badly as we did last year. I’ll be happy as a clam if the Cardinals play a relatively competitive game on Sunday. I saw the point spread is currently 14 points. I‘m taking the Cardinals for sure.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The Cowpies are overrated and suck, 9ers will be legit tough....not sure about a win but I'm liking that we're playing tough and the culture has changed from the last cupcake regime

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The Cowpies are overrated and suck, 9ers will be legit tough....not sure about a win but I'm liking that we're playing tough and the culture has changed from the last cupcake regime
I hope the cards do have a good showing against the 9'ers. This is the NFL, the cards could beat the 9'ers too or lose and the cowboys could beat the 9'ers the following week. what would it matter in the end for the cowboys? nothing because no matter what they do in the regular season it won't matter IMHO. they will either get overhyped when they do well or pooped on while they are down.

dallas are overrated yes, and if the cardinals are the worst team in the league then I agree somewhat about the suck ATM....because what does that say about Dallas if they lose by 12 to the cards. I think some of the cowboys coaching decisions were arrogant and showed that the cowboys overrated themselves which has been a problem under McCarthy. They lost to a terrible Denver team 2 years ago, they were lucky to beat Houston last year and they were celebrating the game as a morale boost. but dallas are a good team under McCarthy and Quinn if you factor that they have back to back 12 win seasons for the first time since the 1990's. and maybe AZ are better than they get credit for. I know some people may have laughed when I said it last week in regards to the cards being able to surprise dallas on Sunday, but Dobbs also gave the cowboys defense some problems last year when he debuted with Tennessee.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agreed, the 9er's are legit. Even the best of teams like the Eagles or Chiefs would have a hard time beating them. I expect the Cards to battle and give them all they can handle.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
9ers +14 is a pretty safe bet to make. too good on both sides of the ball, don't think we'll get a collapse like we saw against the Cowgirls

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder how Allen and Murphy are feeling now? Word is they both wanted a change of culture.

Well the culture they were looking for is here. Both their new teams are 0-3 and Zach Allen just ate a 70 burger.
Never thought about that. Sometimes the grass is Greener because of the fertilizer, poop. Lol

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Beating the cowPies will leave a long lingering aftertaste. It might be several weeks down the road before it wears off. So the next few weeks the Cards get a get out of jail free card!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Yeah last year they beat us 38-13 and 38-10. Neither game was very competitive.

Unlike Dallas, they never seem to have any trouble beating the crap out of us when they have the better team, and I think this game is much more dangerous than was today's game.
no question

my thing this week has been appreciating how the defense looks prepared for misdirection from the offense.

Shanahan is the master of misdirection to set up easy throws --- and last years results sure showed how poorly the Cards D played misdirection

we will see how it goes this year.