Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Chopper0080 @DVontel Maybe its getting caught up with draft hype, but I really thought he'd be a trade down candidate at best. Guess they really like him over Zion.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not much room to trade down. I wouldn't expect Green to get past the Titans which only gives us 2 spots to move.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brandon Scherff did 23 reps. I'm not really a fan of reps as a test of strength.

Plus it's something easily fixed with a pro workout regime.
But u didn't criticize Burks cause didn't put a workout regime
But in this case is fixable?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But u didn't criticize Burks cause didn't put a workout regime
But in this case is fixable?

Only benching 20 is not "slacking". It would take months of training to increase that considerably.

Saying you don't want a guy that can play 4 different positions across the O line to a high level because he benched 20 instead of 25 is silly.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s hilarious.

I'm hilarious for not equating Green only doing 20 reps to Burks showing up out of shape and putting up an overall poor combine?

I'm not surprised. You strike me as someone who thinks max reps equals strength.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm hilarious for not equating Green only doing 20 reps to Burks showing up out of shape and putting up an overall poor combine?

I'm not surprised. You strike me as someone who thinks max reps equals strength.
Being British, he knows that Pounds = Strength. :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Being British, he knows that Pounds = Strength. :)

Max reps is a measure of muscular endurance, not strength. Considering nobody in the NFL is benching a 225lb player for 20-30 reps inside 90 seconds I don't think it really has much bearing on if they will be good in the league or not. It's not a measure of power or max strength.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Max reps is a measure of muscular endurance, not strength. Considering nobody in the NFL is benching a 225lb player for 20-30 reps inside 90 seconds I don't think it really has much bearing on if they will be good in the league or not. It's not a measure of power or max strength.
It is, however, a measure of weakness if you don't perform well.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is, however, a measure of weakness if you don't perform well.

I guess Tristan Wirfs 24, Andrew Thomas's 21, Mekhi Becton's 23, James Daniels 21 and Orlando Brown's 19.5 mean they suck. Or maybe 3 reps is the difference between good and bad?

Nobody on a football field is ever pushing a player only using his arms. It's a completely pointless test of football strength and I guarantee you no S&C coach or GM gives a crap how much someone benches.

I'll let John Cena tell you.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I meant Pounds as in money. :)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I guess Tristan Wirfs 24, Andrew Thomas's 21, Mekhi Becton's 23, James Daniels 21 and Orlando Brown's 19.5 mean they suck. Or maybe 3 reps is the difference between good and bad?

Nobody on a football field is ever pushing a player only using his arms. It's a completely pointless test of football strength and I guarantee you no S&C coach or GM gives a crap how much someone benches.

I'll let John Cena tell you.

And how many players that put up 20 have had strength issues and busted. Hint: most of them.

Listen, I'm usually one of the first people to discount combine stats as completely pointless, but it's a red flag. You specifically, @BritCard, can't seriously say it's completely pointless when you're so fond of pointing at a lot of those useless combine stats to back up your other arguments, either. Can't have it both ways. I don't like most of those stats, but I do feel there's a minimum level there. 20 isn't good.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And how many players that put up 20 have had strength issues and busted. Hint: most of them.

Listen, I'm usually one of the first people to discount combine stats as completely pointless, but it's a red flag. You specifically, @BritCard, can't seriously say it's completely pointless when you're so fond of pointing at a lot of those useless combine stats to back up your other arguments, either. Can't have it both ways. I don't like most of those stats, but I do feel there's a minimum level there. 20 isn't good.

Athletic testing has it's purpose. It's part of the picture. Except the bench press, which absolutely has no bearing on football strength. Might as well have them make daisy chains, it's about as relevant.

Green allowed one sack in the last 2 seasons in the SEC. The lowest of any starting guard in college ball. I reckon his strength is just fine.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I, for one, will be glad when today is over. No more mock drafts, no more speculation on who Keim will whiff on, no more Travel Channel hijacks (LOL couldn't resist). On to endless debate on Keim's picks, who he SHOULD have picked, if he should have traded up, if he should have traded down, MB still sucks, KM deserves the max, KM doesn't deserve the max, Gardeck will be a pro bowler this season and we will not miss CJ one iota.

ASFN, gotta love it :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
20 reps with 34”+ arms isn’t a red flag however Zion doing 32 reps with the same arm length is nuts.

Both these things are true.

Also neither means squat when it comes to playing football.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison