Arizona Cardinals have interest in bringing WR A.J. Green back

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not much of a risk. Decent insurance policy if they draft a WR who needs some NFL games to acclimate. Now they need to get one of the vet pass rushers.
This, round that roster off so we are not complete beggars in the draft with at least some wiggle room to take the best guy regardless of position

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say about 800 yards and three touchdowns is actually worth something :)
The point is that it’s not enough! Kirk is gone. The fact is this is a lateral move. It’s a sad situation that we had to settle for Green because we couldn’t afford to upgrade. Totally sad. This offense is SLOW.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t mind AJ coming back as long as he isn’t our #2 option… also they need to set this song to loop in his headphones during warm ups…

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Ahhh! But he IS our #2 option. Unless you believe that Moore is suddenly explode on to the scene or a rookie Wr is going to be the answer he is our #2 Wr. Joy, joy.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What?

He sucks - that will never equate to a solid signing.
He’s obviously no hero but he had 850 yards last year as our 3-4 receiving option. I think you’d be surprised how many more expensive options didn’t achieve that. This enables us to not reach in the draft. If we hadn’t brought him back and there was an early run on receivers in the draft, all the people crying about what a bum he is right now would be crying about how Keim should have known how the draft was going to fall and should have solidified the position pre-draft.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s obviously no hero but he had 850 yards last year. I think you’d be surprised how many more expensive options didn’t achieve that. This enables us to not reach in the draft. If we hadn’t brought him back and there was an early run on receivers in the draft, all the people crying about what a bum he is right now would be crying about how Keim should have known how the draft was going to fall and should have solidified the position pre-draft.
I really don't care what his stats were.

His performance was subpar. Most of those stats were obtained simply because he was on the field.

If he is our number 2 reciever there is no chance this team makes the playoffs.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'd bring AJ back if he wanted to come back and was agreeable to around what he made last year.

The grass is always greener.
My guess is they are offering him less. Otherwise he would have already signed.
Term could be an issue as well, Green has to know he is at the end...and 5 years for 40mil is a lot better than 1 year at 10mil when you consider signing bonus and guarantees

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind him for 3M. I didn't want him on the team, but it is depth that is desperately needed.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
*Perfect world*

Jameson Williams slips to the Cardinals at 23. They want AJ to hold it down the 1st half of the season until Williams is fully ready.

I think Williams will be the first receiver off the board

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Hope he spends the summer with Kyler studying the playbook

The point is that it’s not enough! Kirk is gone. The fact is this is a lateral move. It’s a sad situation that we had to settle for Green because we couldn’t afford to upgrade. Totally sad. This offense is SLOW.
Well, I way say this again, and we all have our reasons for our observations and they're just about as valid as anyone else, but I did not like Kirk and trusted him less than Green. Green was more consistent than Kirk and that is saying a lot. I see the Cards going WR in the draft and hope it's around two and they fortify that guard position using their first so Kyler has time to get the ball to them in the first place. Drafting a WR with no strong stance at the guard position would not only be lateral, it would be backwards because you need the OL to make use of a WR

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would have bet money at the end of last year that AJ wouldn't be back. He seemed checked out toward the end of the season. And at times earlier in the season.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's not depth. Have you any doubt that Keim is now thinking we're pretty good at WR?
Convinced himself that he can now take BPA at 23.

The past isn't necessarily prologue, but I'd still be ready for the pick to be an ILB, S, slot corner, or a 4-3 DE in a 3-4 scheme.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would have bet money at the end of last year that AJ wouldn't be back. He seemed checked out toward the end of the season. And at times earlier in the season.
Critical that Hopkins stays healthy. Im not 100% sure Rondale can replace Kirk. And there's no guarantee one of the top 5 Wrs from this class falls to us.