Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim cited for DUI on July 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really? "Binge drinking" is five beers. You really think it's a wild problem to be out 3-4 nights in a month and have five beers? That's a typical night out for anyone who doesn't have to come home for kids, in my opinion. Maybe I'm wildly off here and just surrounding myself with the wrong people, but even the most successful and responsible people I know will drink at least five drinks if they're "going out." Whether it be a friend's birthday, a work event, a BBQ... I just can't see this as a problem.

-Performahttp://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...iri-apologizes-miscommunication-demar-derozannce
He's at the Director level at a high profile political analytics firm. I'm right below the Director level as the head of the Advertising team of a Fortune 500 company. We're both killing it. Unfortunately, part of what keeps my drinking up is actually work related pressure with vendor relationships. I'm expected to keep up these relationships, keep costs down, make friends with people, and all of that involves having them in town and "doing the Vegas thing." I'm probably going to move to a contract job outside of the industry because it's wearing on me.

Edit: I forgot to say - I'm far and beyond past where I ever thought I'd get in my career in my entire life, much less my early 30s. Even though I got a full ride to school and had a bunch of academic success, I pretty much figured out I'd cap out around $50k a year and maybe be some kind of assistant to the regional manager at a paper company or whatever. I always wanted to be a writer, but mom and dad said absolutely not, and now I work with marketing numbers and ad tech. Ironically, they used to try to kick me off the internet, because it was an absolute waste... and it's where I've made my name.

-Relationships
As far as friendships go, he and I can do things sober, I have completely sober friends, he has sober friends. It's hard to find things to do as a single male in your 30s that don't involve going to the bar, but I try to do things with friends that don't need alcohol. Yesterday I saw a movie with a buddy, tonight I'm going bowling. Because I'm a heavy drinker, I had a beer at the movie and we'll probably split a pitcher while bowling, but it's not like I'm sitting in a dive bar every night with the same group of people. I'm definitely the drinker of the group and will inject alcohol in when it might not be needed. Most of my buddies are supportive of me whether I'm drinking or not. My best friend? He also has a diverse set of friends and will gladly turn down alcohol to go kayaking or something.

-Women
Whoa, way to presume our sexuality! :mrgreen:
Seriously though, he's been in two very long term cohabiting relationships, and he's functionally married to the girl he's with now, although they don't want to jump through most of the hoops to make it official, or have kids. Dude has a healthy, supportive life, and a dog.

I personally have my own relationship issues, but I don't think they're related to alcohol. My last relationship ended because she couldn't keep up with me, and I felt like she was dragging me down. She wanted to watch Netflix every night and go to bed, I wanted to keep stimulated and social. She loved me, I didn't love her. But in our relationship, I cut my drinking severely. I've never really been around successful relationships and even though I do just fine with women, I don't really like anything that restricts my autonomy, and don't think I want to be in something as serious as marriage.

-Alone
As far as I know, he doesn't have problems with drinking when alone. He's not alone much, since his girl works from home, though. He doesn't seem to have a problem with that. Like I had posted, maybe he has a beer or two after work, or they walk down the street for dinner and some drinks. Personally though, I do most of my heavy drinking at home. On an evening when I'm off at 5, I come home and drink 6-9 beers, and go to bed. I just got home, wrote this post, and I'm having a beer now. In two hours, I'll call an Uber to come pick me up so I don't have the option to drive, and go bowling.
Really? "Binge drinking" is five beers. You really think it's a wild problem to be out 3-4 nights in a month and have five beers? That's a typical night out for anyone who doesn't have to come home for kids, in my opinion. Maybe I'm wildly off here and just surrounding myself with the wrong people, but even the most successful and responsible people I know will drink at least five drinks if they're "going out." Whether it be a friend's birthday, a work event, a BBQ... I just can't see this as a problem.

-Performance
He's at the Director level at a high profile political analytics firm. I'm right below the Director level as the head of the Advertising team of a Fortune 500 company. We're both killing it. Unfortunately, part of what keeps my drinking up is actually work related pressure with vendor relationships. I'm expected to keep up these relationships, keep costs down, make friends with people, and all of that involves having them in town and "doing the Vegas thing." I'm probably going to move to a contract job outside of the industry because it's wearing on me.

Edit: I forgot to say - I'm far and beyond past where I ever thought I'd get in my career in my entire life, much less my early 30s. Even though I got a full ride to school and had a bunch of academic success, I pretty much figured out I'd cap out around $50k a year and maybe be some kind of assistant to the regional manager at a paper company or whatever. I always wanted to be a writer, but mom and dad said absolutely not, and now I work with marketing numbers and ad tech. Ironically, they used to try to kick me off the internet, because it was an absolute waste... and it's where I've made my name.

-Relationships
As far as friendships go, he and I can do things sober, I have completely sober friends, he has sober friends. It's hard to find things to do as a single male in your 30s that don't involve going to the bar, but I try to do things with friends that don't need alcohol. Yesterday I saw a movie with a buddy, tonight I'm going bowling. Because I'm a heavy drinker, I had a beer at the movie and we'll probably split a pitcher while bowling, but it's not like I'm sitting in a dive bar every night with the same group of people. I'm definitely the drinker of the group and will inject alcohol in when it might not be needed. Most of my buddies are supportive of me whether I'm drinking or not. My best friend? He also has a diverse set of friends and will gladly turn down alcohol to go kayaking or something.

-Women
Seriously though, he's been in two very long term cohabiting relationships, and he's functionally married to the girl he's with now, although they don't want to jump through most of the hoops to.

-Performance

-Relationships

-Women
Seriously though, he's been in two very long term cohabiting relationships, and he's functionally married to the girl he's with now, although they don't want to jump through most of the hoops to make it official, or have kids. Dude has a healthy, supportive life, and a dog.

I personally have my own relationship issues, but I don't think they're related to alcohol. My last relationship ended because she couldn't keep up with me, and I felt like she was dragging me down. She wanted to watch Netflix every night and go to bed, I wanted to keep stimulated and social. She loved me, I didn't love her. But in our relationship, I cut my drinking severely. I've never really been around successful relationships and even though I do just fine with women, I don't really like anything that restricts my autonomy, and don't think I want to be in something as serious as marriage.

-Alone
As far as I know, he doesn't have problems with drinking when alone. He's not alone much, since his girl works from home, though. He doesn't seem to have a problem with that. Like I had posted, maybe he has a beer or two after work, or they walk down the street for dinner and some drinks. Personally though, I do most of my heavy drinking at home. On an evening when I'm off at 5, I come home and drink 6-9 beers, and go to bed. I just got home, wrote this post, and I'm having a beer now. In two hours, I'll call an Uber to come pick me up so I don't have the option to drive, and go bowling.
I don’t know if you’re purposefully misstating the definition of “binge drinking” to try to win an argument or don’t realize it, but it’s 5 drinks in a 2 hour period. So if you’re out 4 hours, you know like 7-11 as many adults are for dinner and some cocktails. Or even partying from 9-close (let’s say that’s 2pm in many states) so 5 hours that rate of drinking means 10-13 drinks a night. Doing that 3-4 times per month is not “normal.” I’m not saying it’s per se “bad” if you’re not harming anyone but yourself, but it’s certainly not “normal.” The few 40+ year olds that I know that do this are 100% alcoholics.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if you’re purposefully misstating the definition of “binge drinking” to try to win an argument or don’t realize it, but it’s 5 drinks in a 2 hour period. So if you’re out 4 hours, you know like 7-11 as many adults are for dinner and some cocktails. Or even partying from 9-close (let’s say that’s 2pm in many states) so 5 hours that rate of drinking means 10-13 drinks a night. Doing that 3-4 times per month is not “normal.” I’m not saying it’s per se “bad” if you’re not harming anyone but yourself, but it’s certainly not “normal.” The few 40+ year olds that I know that do this are 100% alcoholics.

and here's the thing... for those of us that do or DID drink like that, we mostly all thought that was normal, but almost ANY time I would relay my drinking stories to someone outside my crew, people would look at me like I was crazy.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

-Performance

-Relationships

-Women

-Alone

Honestly, sounds to me like both of you are more lucky than anything else... I am 54...but, I traveled the very road you guys are on right now. Partied HARD in college and, similarly to your binge drinking path, I would binge drink well into my 30's. I always thought I had it perfectly managed. Certainly never thought of myself as an alcoholic. However, by the time I reached my early 40's, I began to notice things that slowly took me down a path of self-realization. Won't go into the details, but, just know that I came to understand that my behaviors were infact, damaging and considered to be alcoholic conduct. I decided it was time for a change and I can't begin to describe the multitude of benefits that have come into my life since I made that change.
I still enjoy a cold beer every now & then. And I really enjoy red wines... However, I probably average drinking beer or wine once a month... and when I do, it's literally no more than 2 beers, or no more than 2 glasses of wine.

Anyway, I know many people (men and women) who traveled our paths and always thought they had alcohol put in its' place... They always felt that they were "managing" it responsibly within the context of their entire life. And then....for many, it took hitting rock bottom (something catastrophic, loss of a job, loss of friends, loss of girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse/partner)...diminished relationships, unsatisfied/unfulfilling life... I have a few friends who no long walk among us due to alcohol...
You're still young. And you seem to be quite self-aware. Heed the warnings my friend. You are walking a very thin line... heading down a very dangerous path. God bless you brother.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I'm not trying to misrepresent it (although, not your fault, it's been used against me many a time). Five drinks in a two hour period isn't that insane. A shot and a beer is a pretty common special everywhere (including the airport), and a beer doesn't take much more than a half hour to drink before it's warm anyways.

More than anything, the argument I've been trying to make in this thread is about how there's a fuzzy boundary here. If you and a friend went through two bottles of wine in a four hour period, you're technically "binge drinking," but is that really someone you're horribly concerned about?

Yeah, 5 hours and 13 drinks is going to be an issue for a lot of people. When I say my buddy binge drinks, I mean maybe he has 7-10 drinks over the course of 6 hours of partying. Go out at 7, come home when the bars are winding down at 1... Not chug a bunch of booze to get as drunk as possible, but starting faster and slowing over the night. And of course there's variance with the type of drink and everything too.

I just think it's silly to characterize my friend as any kind of a problem drinker when he could take or leave booze at any moment. I drink nightly, and about three nights a week, I'll down 6-9 beers at home by myself before I go to bed at 10-11. That's a problem. Then I spend about two nights out really turning it up. That's a problem.

This thread's about Keim, not me, but I worry when people blame alcohol for bigger problems. Alcohol isn't evil. People making horrible decisions while under the influence are evil.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Honestly, sounds to me like both of you are more lucky than anything else... I am 54...but, I traveled the very road you guys are on right now. Partied HARD in college and, similarly to your binge drinking path, I would binge drink well into my 30's. I always thought I had it perfectly managed. Certainly never thought of myself as an alcoholic. However, by the time I reached my early 40's, I began to notice things that slowly took me down a path of self-realization. Won't go into the details, but, just know that I came to understand that my behaviors were infact, damaging and considered to be alcoholic conduct. I decided it was time for a change and I can't begin to describe the multitude of benefits that have come into my life since I made that change.
I still enjoy a cold beer every now & then. And I really enjoy red wines... However, I probably average drinking beer or wine once a month... and when I do, it's literally no more than 2 beers, or no more than 2 glasses of wine.

Anyway, I know many people (men and women) who traveled our paths and always thought they had alcohol put in its' place... They always felt that they were "managing" it responsibly within the context of their entire life. And then....for many, it took hitting rock bottom (something catastrophic, loss of a job, loss of friends, loss of girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse/partner)...diminished relationships, unsatisfied/unfulfilling life... I have a few friends who no long walk among us due to alcohol...
You're still young. And you seem to be quite self-aware. Heed the warnings my friend. You are walking a very thin line... heading down a very dangerous path. God bless you brother.
I really appreciate the kind words. I'm very cognizant that this isn't a permanent path I can tread if I want to live a long life. Maybe this is a depressing concept (not to me, but I know others who don't take it well), but I don't particularly fear the idea of not living a long time. I undoubtedly realize that I'm negatively affecting my future. But, at the end of the day, nothing really works to make me want to change, so I do everything I can to make sure that my affliction doesn't hurt anyone else.

I've tried AA, and it's been useless because I don't have a "rock bottom," and therefore can't commiserate with the others trying to work the steps. A time will come where I'm no longer managing, and I've ruined my own potential, but I can live with that as long as I don't hurt anyone else.

It's cathartic for me to talk about this with people online, since whenever I try to do it in person, I either make people really sad, or get it handwaved off as "oh you can't possibly be an alcoholic, I've never seen you X (make a scene, get into an accident, pass out, throw up, stumble, etc.)." At least you guys are real with me. In reality, my tolerance is just through the roof. Maybe some ASU student here is reading and won't want to get to my level. Who knows?

On topic - Keim still sucks for driving! I just ordered an Uber, so I won't be online much longer.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not trying to misrepresent it (although, not your fault, it's been used against me many a time). Five drinks in a two hour period isn't that insane. A shot and a beer is a pretty common special everywhere (including the airport), and a beer doesn't take much more than a half hour to drink before it's warm anyways.

More than anything, the argument I've been trying to make in this thread is about how there's a fuzzy boundary here. If you and a friend went through two bottles of wine in a four hour period, you're technically "binge drinking," but is that really someone you're horribly concerned about?

Yeah, 5 hours and 13 drinks is going to be an issue for a lot of people. When I say my buddy binge drinks, I mean maybe he has 7-10 drinks over the course of 6 hours of partying. Go out at 7, come home when the bars are winding down at 1... Not chug a bunch of booze to get as drunk as possible, but starting faster and slowing over the night. And of course there's variance with the type of drink and everything too.

I just think it's silly to characterize my friend as any kind of a problem drinker when he could take or leave booze at any moment. I drink nightly, and about three nights a week, I'll down 6-9 beers at home by myself before I go to bed at 10-11. That's a problem. Then I spend about two nights out really turning it up. That's a problem.

This thread's about Keim, not me, but I worry when people blame alcohol for bigger problems. Alcohol isn't evil. People making horrible decisions while under the influence are evil.
Uh you’re still not using the definition correctly. For a male it’s 5 drinks over a 2 hour period. If two people are sharing bottles of wine over that period it’s going through 2 1/2 bottles. And from what you’re describing it’s not just two hours, it’s 6 hours. So to be binge drinking at 5 drinks per two hour periods equals 15 drinks. You have 15 drinks in a single night 3-4 times per month that’s just not normal. What you’re describing as 7-10 over a six hour period isn’t technically considered “binging.” But it still is likely not “normal” for the vast population 30-50 years of age 3-4 times per month.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I can’t argue with your last paragraph. Alcohol isn’t a problem it’s usually a symptom of a problem and is almost always an exacerbater of a problem. But in and of itself it’s not a problem. Until it kills you of course if you imbibe too much or destroy your liver, then I guess you can say alcohol is a problem in and of itself.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it funny when people who have never used a substance act knowledgeable about said substance and all of its nuances

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I find it funny when people who have never used a substance act knowledgeable about said substance and all of its nuances

Who are you referencing? Cheese and I don’t talk about things with which we are not intimately familiar.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who are you referencing? Cheese and I don’t talk about things with which we are not intimately familiar.
Then why do you even have an inkling that I could be taking about you? You've have it clear that you've done your share of partying. I have to. These comments of "someone clearly had a problem because they drank a lot in college" are incredibly neive and narrow minded on the subject

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Then why do you even have an inkling that I could be taking about you? You've have it clear that you've done your share of partying. I have to. These comments of "someone clearly had a problem because they drank a lot in college" are incredibly neive and narrow minded on the subject

But I don’t think those comments are made solely based on the college drinking but rather the combination of the college drinking and the recent extreme dui. You don’t think those start to paint a picture of a problem? It’s as Solar said, no one wants to heed to warning signs and admit there’s a problem until rock problem. Guess what, most problems don’t begin at the end. They snowball.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the majority of people who drink have also drank and drove. Some people don't think they'll get caught, close to home, etc.

It doesn't mean he's an alcoholic. It means he made a stupid ass mistake.

I probably drink less than everyone and I've made the same stupid ass mistake before, I just never got pulled over.

But I don’t think those comments are made solely based on the college drinking but rather the combination of the college drinking and the recent extreme dui. You don’t think those start to paint a picture of a problem? It’s as Solar said, no one wants to heed to warning signs and admit there’s a problem until rock problem. Guess what, most problems don’t begin at the end. They snowball.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think the majority of people who drink have also drank and drove. Some people don't think they'll get caught, close to home, etc.

I probably drink less than everyone and I've made the same stupid ass mistake before, I just never got pulled over.

It’s happened twice. You make a mistake, you learn. You don’t learn there’s usually a problem. For what other have posted from their personal observations of the man I think it’s not unreasonable to guess he could be an alcoholic. I mean we certainly can’t know for sure unless we knew him personally, but it’s not unreasonable to connect some dots.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Also there’s a difference between having a drink and driving and having a BAC that puts you in the extreme category. You seem to be glossing over that fact.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah no way I'm reading 50 pages of nonsense to find out what posts you're talking abiut
It’s happened twice. You make a mistake, you learn. You don’t learn there’s usually a problem. For what other have posted from their personal observations of the man I think it’s not unreasonable to guess he could be an alcoholic. I mean we certainly can’t know for sure unless we knew him personally, but it’s not unreasonable to connect some dots.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure there is.

I'm nowhere near an alcoholic and I've driven ********* before. People do stupid poo. I'm not going to sit here and psychoanalyze his entire life and decide my own prognosis of if he's an alcoholic or not. I could really care less. He's a grown ass man and can live with his mistakes. It's his problem, not mine.
Also there’s a difference between having a drink and driving and having a BAC that puts you in the extreme category. You seem to be glossing over that fact.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sure there is.

I'm nowhere near an alcoholic and I've driven ********* before. People do stupid ****. I'm not going to sit here and psychoanalyze his entire life and decide my own prognosis of if he's an alcoholic or not. I could really care less. He's a grown ass man and can live with his mistakes. It's his problem, not mine.

Unless you, your family, or anyone you know happens to drive anywhere near him at any point. Then death might be you and yours' problem.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah no way I'm reading 50 pages of nonsense to find out what posts you're talking abiut

Then it seems kinda stupid for you to blast someone if you’re not willing to work off of the same full set of data that they are.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sure there is.

I'm nowhere near an alcoholic and I've driven ********* before. People do stupid ****. I'm not going to sit here and psychoanalyze his entire life and decide my own prognosis of if he's an alcoholic or not. I could really care less. He's a grown ass man and can live with his mistakes. It's his problem, not mine.

Uh yeah that’s just about the dumbest post about drunk driving I’ve ever read. Congrats. The fact that he took to the streets in that condition and endangered others made it a lot of other peoples problem beside Keim.

And are you actually bragging about driving sh*tfaced?!? I’m hoping you still don’t do that, and frankly if you do I hope you don’t kill anyone.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

-Performance

-Relationships

-Women

-Alone

lol....
you sir...are a lush. a normal ol person can easily go to a barbecue and only have two beers.... sounds like you think a six pack is a serving size,.. but they are designed to be shared.

the relationship thing... yeah dude,..it was the booze.
just re read what you said,.. she wanted to settle down, but you still want to party....now, it could also be that she just wasnt the right chick...of course... but most men/people...uh...gender unidentified bipedal organic life forms or what the fudge ever, step away from the frat boy lifestyle before they are thirty...some slow learners take until around 33 or so.... but in every group there is always that one guy. the dude that thinks he is gonna be cool forever, thinks he is gonna be a baby hefner, living, partying,scoring the beautiful chicks one after the other while never realizing he fell into the world of pushing forty in a wrinkled suit with poo stained boxers on the floor.
there are no social situations in which consuming alcohol is required. when I was on the bar scene I used to talk to the waitress, have her bring me my cokes in a tall glass, with a cherry in it. looked just like a rum and coke, everyone thought I was drinking...still had fun but kept my head on straight and was able to drive home...

I am an alcoholic. I dont drink, dont even like the taste of booze. But I could not drink without getting drunk...anytime I started drinking I would continue until I was falling down drunk...excess every time. so I just stopped doing it. I stopped doing it by realizing I did not have to drink.
there are lots of benefits to being the guy not drinking. the biggest is seeing with clear eyes exactly how people act when they are

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
lol....
you sir...are a lush. a normal ol person can easily go to a barbecue and only have two beers.... sounds like you think a six pack is a serving size,.. but they are designed to be shared.

the relationship thing... yeah dude,..it was the booze.
just re read what you said,.. she wanted to settle down, but you still want to party....now, it could also be that she just wasnt the right chick...of course... but most men/people...uh...gender unidentified bipedal organic life forms or what the **** ever, step away from the frat boy lifestyle before they are thirty...some slow learners take until around 33 or so.... but in every group there is always that one guy. the dude that thinks he is gonna be cool forever, thinks he is gonna be a baby hefner, living, partying,scoring the beautiful chicks one after the other while never realizing he fell into the world of pushing forty in a wrinkled suit with **** stained boxers on the floor.
there are no social situations in which consuming alcohol is required. when I was on the bar scene I used to talk to the waitress, have her bring me my cokes in a tall glass, with a cherry in it. looked just like a rum and coke, everyone thought I was drinking...still had fun but kept my head on straight and was able to drive home...

I am an alcoholic. I dont drink, dont even like the taste of booze. But I could not drink without getting drunk...anytime I started drinking I would continue until I was falling down drunk...excess every time. so I just stopped doing it. I stopped doing it by realizing I did not have to drink.
there are lots of benefits to being the guy not drinking. the biggest is seeing with clear eyes exactly how people act when they are

You and alcohol obviously don’t mix. I’m not sure what qualifies as “alcoholic,” but if after beginning to drink any amount/form of alcohol, you can’t stop until you drop, I’d say you made a good choice in consuming anything further ever again.

There are many of us who can put 6 beers down and not crash a car, make a stupid decision, pass out, Go amnesiac, rape anyone, break anything, etc.

All alcohol has a concentration. Are we talking about dropping 6-3.2% beers, or 6-7% IPAs??? I drink whiskey or tequila straight. I do this because I don’t care for sugars (mixers, wines) or hops and carbs. I will do a pint in a day (not everyday, sometimes I don’t drink for a week because I’m just not interested) and other times I will do a 1/2 bottle of whiskey in a day (if I’m fishing sum up to sun down). Frankly, when I see I’ve done a 1/2 fifth in a long day (as I’m pulling the fish of the fire under the moon light) I think “holy poo; did I really???”

I can also run like the wind blows, I can hold my breath for 180 seconds, and I can do a bunch of other physical things people witness, and accuse me of being super human. Everyone is different.

You need to apologize to Solar7. You have no business digging at him like that.

Bunch of self righteous types on this board... but it’s always seemingly been that way, and I do keep coming back. Many of you battle axes are respected, but some of you preach your reality so much, I think you need a dose of reality.

There’s many variables to life, but some of you only pound your own very linear POV, while falling back on both personal (“I’ve lost a loved one!!!!”) and life (“I’m older and wiser, so that makes me the authority”) “experience.” If you were so experienced, I’d think life would have inflicted you with a little more humility than what a few of us are seeing out of you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You and alcohol obviously don’t mix. I’m not sure what qualifies as “alcoholic,” but if after beginning to drink any amount/form of alcohol, you can’t stop until you drop, I’d say you made a good choice in consuming anything further ever again.

There are many of us who can put 6 beers down and not crash a car, make a stupid decision, pass out, Go amnesiac, rape anyone, break anything, etc.

All alcohol has a concentration. Are we talking about dropping 6-3.2% beers, or 6-7% IPAs??? I drink whiskey or tequila straight. I do this because I don’t care for sugars (mixers, wines) or hops and carbs. I will do a pint in a day (not everyday, sometimes I don’t drink for a week because I’m just not interested) and other times I will do a 1/2 bottle of whiskey in a day (if I’m fishing sum up to sun down). Frankly, when I see I’ve done a 1/2 fifth in a long day (as I’m pulling the fish of the fire under the moon light) I think “holy ****; did I really???”

I can also run like the wind blows, I can hold my breath for 180 seconds, and I can do a bunch of other physical things people witness, and accuse me of being super human. Everyone is different.

You need to apologize to Solar7. You have no business digging at him like that.

Bunch of self righteous types on this board... but it’s always seemingly been that way, and I do keep coming back. Many of you battle axes are respected, but some of you preach your reality so much, I think you need a dose of reality.

There’s many variables to life, but some of you only pound your own very linear POV, while falling back on both personal (“I’ve lost a loved one!!!!”) and life (“I’m older and wiser, so that makes me the authority”) “experience.” If you were so experienced, I’d think life would have inflicted you with a little more humility than what a few of us are seeing out of you.

First I agreed oaken was harsh on solar. Solar has bared himself for discussion purposes not to be personally attacked.

That said, you do realize you just did the very thing you’re railing against others on here for. Spouting your experience as some level of authority for the point you want to prove. While also being sanctimonious against those that you’re troubled by their sanctimonium.

Finally, I think it’s lost on you that you’re railing on people for essentially calling out other people’s poor or dangerous actions. It’s not like people are criticizing people’s choices of team fandom, or political beliefs, or other personal items, but rather for actions dangerous to society or socially unacceptable. None of them claim to be perfect either. But you go on calling people out for being upset about drunk drivers. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard