Arizona Cardinals @ Cleveland Browns Pre Game Thread.10/29/23-11/4/23

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is making me wonder if Kyler debuts against Atlanta

obvs -- he will be active, but will he play? I would think that if the plan was to have him play vs ATL, then he would be getting some first team reps this week
He‘ll get them all next week.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
IIRC, if he doesn't play v Atlanta he's out for the season, so he will be playing v Atlanta. You only get 3 weeks once activated.
I thought he just had to be activated meaning he has to suit up for Atlanta.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough debut for Tune against the Cleveland pass rush gets harder with the shoulder injury for Wilson looking like it's possible he won't play.

Hope he is able to play because I kind of suspect Tune is only getting 1 start and then Kyler takes over.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Ah, I misunderstood your use of "play." My bad.

If he suits up, he'll be the starter, IMO. It would be a really bad look otherwise, for the player, coach, and team.
Totally agree. If he suits up and is active, he's not a backup.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Passer rating allowed is such a dangerous stat to go by because (1) the sample sizes are extremely small (Williams has four targets according to PFF; Marco Wilson has 49 targets -- maybe Wilson's sample size is statistically useful), and (2) an INT or TD completely warps the results.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If Kyler's cleared to play it means he's fully healthy - which means he should start because he gives us the best chance to win

Reactions: PJ1

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think that matters at all. You can track "yards per catch" and cross-reference it with "steps taken prior to receiving ball" and apply that evenly over all WRs. Would the metric tell you anything?

There are tons of mathematically sound metrics out there that don't have any predictive value. Patrick Peterson is in the upper-right of that chart. What does that mean? Does it mean he's as good or better than Jaylon Jones?
K, I'm in full agreement with you on this. While analytics by way of charts and graphs are great in the evaluation process, I as a fan generally shrug that type of stuff off. So many variables that go into the meat and potatoes of a player's performance. Patrick Peterson has been abysmal this season. That I've seen with my own eyes as I've somehow managed to watch more Steelers football for some reason than I care to admit.