Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers Pregame Thread. 9/26/22-10/02/22

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I can argue that they have. They couldn't control Nuk being out. They got his best buddy at WR. Rondale, Dortch, Green, Ertz, Maxx and mcBride is a fine set of receiving options. All 3 running backs are receiving backs. They brought in Hernandez who has played well and his other buddy Ford.

There's nothing wrong with the personnel on this offense. Kyler is playing like trash.
That you're trying to paint McBride as a positive receiving options paints how far you're reaching here. Same with citing the running backs. Dortch had never done anything and, much as I've enjoyed him, may be a flash in the pan. Rondale Moore? lol Ertz is aging, Maxx has never been much of a receiving threat, and I notice you left out the WR you were lambasting people for doubting, AJ Green, because he is indeed garbage. Trading for "his best buddy" is the one move Keim made to address the situation. Only Hollywood would be expected to be the #1, so hopefully replace D-Hop for a while. What about the rest of the receiving corps?

The problem (and discussion) wasn't could they control Nuk being out. The whole discussion was and is that they had a long time to fix the problem it created, and Keim fell flat on his face. I would say injury has exacerbated the problem, but wiser heads knew Rondale wasn't trustworthy in that respect.

Stout

Reaction score
Sigh. I don't know how many times I have to say this. I said a number of times that we could be anything from 7-10 to 12-7. I never said we WOULD be good. I said we could be good and that I didn't think the roster was any worse than last year. I still don't think the roster is worse than last year.

That's completely different to saying "Hey, you guys. Do you have to be completely GD miserable and negative in every single thread multiple times. We get it, you think we suck."

And let's not pretend "You knew it", because we had the same thing the previous offseason and then there was a whole crow eating thread.

You still don't know it now after only 3 games. If just Kyler can pull his head out of his ass the whole season changes.

This can probably apply to Dvontel too I assume seeing as I can't see what he's saying.
Man, I get that you had some strong positive opinions about the roster, and you and I actually agree about how bad KM has been thus far this year, but if you still think we don't have a worse roster than we had last year, I got nothing for you. We're clearly worse than we were last season in the talent on this roster. You keep talking about what these guys had last year. That's past tense, and several of those are old players. Father time is undefeated. You didn't think their age would catch up with them. Well, their age is catching up with them. Happens to the best of them.

Stout

Reaction score
My last minute fantasy football tinkering:

You must be registered for see images attach
:biglaugh:

One of my worst years in fantasy football, back when I was playing, was when Tony Gonzalez fell off a cliff in production and he was my starter. I kept a rotating group of JAGs behind them. When I stuck with Tony, one of the JAGs would explode. When I then went to that JAG, another JAG would explode. I did not make the playoffs lol

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Went downtown Charlotte for dinner with the family last night. Met some Cardinal fans and many others were walking around with jerseys.

We looked out the window and saw buses pulling up and then Cardinals getting off. I hurried outside thinking I could get close but nope...they had security blocking off the area. My wife snapped these two pics while I was outside. Zach Ertz and Hollywood but can't really recognize anyone else.

Weird to me that they arrived to the hotel at 7-8pm(ish) for a game the next day. Jet lag is real.

After dinner we walked into the hotel to see if anyone was around but didn't see anyone. We did see the garage where LaMello parks his cars...this Ferrari and a purple Rolls Royce SUV.

Go Cards!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is an operational return on the investment in a jet that transports the team; it's part of the team branding and a legitimate business expense for tax purposes.

There is a 'zero' return on paying KK $20m+ to play golf and pick up chicks.

I get it. Although there's not much return on investment. There is a reason nearly all the league charters a plane rather than own one.

At the same time, if Mike thinks Kliff isn't the right guy there is no way he's going to let the money stop him. He's not going to think "This is terrible, we need to change, but I'll suffer this crap for years to save the money".

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brits coming around.. especially when it comes to Kyler.

To be fair I've always been far more a Kyler doubter than not. The only time I've not been was the first 8 of last year. I thought he finally took that leap forward.

Sadly not, that was a blip apparently. He is essentially the exact same QB he was in year 1 game 1.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have terrible news. I thought this was a 1pm game (6pm here) but no. It's another late game!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went downtown Charlotte for dinner with the family last night. Met some Cardinal fans and many others were walking around with jerseys.

We looked out the window and saw buses pulling up and then Cardinals getting off. I hurried outside thinking I could get close but nope...they had security blocking off the area. My wife snapped these two pics while I was outside. Zach Ertz and Hollywood but can't really recognize anyone else.

Weird to me that they arrived to the hotel at 7-8pm(ish) for a game the next day. Jet lag is real.

After dinner we walked into the hotel to see if anyone was around but didn't see anyone. We did see the garage where LaMello parks his cars...this Ferrari and a purple Rolls Royce SUV.

Go Cards!
AJ Green in front of Ertz

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's 1:05 AZ time

Or do you use EST?

I normally work off EST as thats what the NFL listings use. Carolina is EST so I assumed would be an early game. They usually always are.

East coast games early, West coast games in the later slot.

NFL probably wanted to put this game on at midnight. Keep it out of sight.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I have terrible news. I thought this was a 1pm game (6pm here) but no. It's another late game!
4:05 start time here on the East coast. I guess they were giving the good folks in AZ a chance to sleep in this Sunday.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I normally work off EST as thats what the NFL listings use. Carolina is EST so I assumed would be an early game. They usually always are.

East coast games early, West coast games in the later slot.

NFL probably wanted to put this game on at midnight. Keep it out of sight.
I also think they do it for competitive reasons. West coast teams with a 10 am start time has an execrable record for a while there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr