Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers Pregame Thread. 9/26/22-10/02/22

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those considering if Bidwill would bail on Kliff. Kliff's annual salary is about 5.5 mil per year. So, if he fired him after this year, Bidwill would eat 5 years worth of salary.

Just for perspective Mike bought and refitted a 747 at a cost of about $50m. I really don't think firing Kliff would be deterred by money. Especially when it's offset by future earning.

Far more likely to be deterred by ego.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just for perspective Mike bought and refitted a 747 at a cost of about $50m. I really don;t think firing Kliff would be deterred by money. Especially when it's offset by future earning.

Far more likely to be deterred by ego.

What future earnings offset the 'dead' football operations money lost with having to pay KK $20m+ to hit the road?

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
I can argue that they have. They couldn't control Nuk being out. They got his best buddy at WR. Rondale, Dortch, Green, Ertz, Maxx and mcBride is a fine set of receiving options. All 3 running backs are receiving backs. They brought in Hernandez who has played well and his other buddy Ford.

There's nothing wrong with the personnel on this offense. Kyler is playing like trash.
Are your standards really this low?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before I argue this point, what exactly do you think they haven't done to put him in a position to succeed? What do you believe is holding our $45m a year quarterback back from being his best self?
The failures of Keim and Kliff have been long addressed multiple times. Please let me know if you haven't seen them or are unaware of their failings and I can try to list them out for you.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brit is hilarious.

He named:

- His buddy. Sure. His buddy looking be inferior to the one Keim let go & traded a 1st rounder for.

- A 5’7 guy that hasn’t played a down this season yet.

- Another 5’7 UDFA guy that’s on his 5th team in 3 years.

- A guy that was already washed up before he got here, now he’s arguably the biggest negative at WR in the entire league now.

- A moderately productive guy that’s passed his prime. His former team went to another level without him.

- An already limited TE that is coming off a brutal knee injury.

- A rookie TE where TE seems to be the hardest to transition to in the league. I think he even admitted that.

Then he brought up a slow plodding RB & two ordinary RBs.

Makes perfect sense why Brit believes Keim is “overhated”. Because he accepts mediocrity like this from the guy.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't think the weapons are great but I also don't think they're insanely terrible. We've invested a fair amount of resources at the skill positions to support him. Obviously DHop is important but eventually Kyler should be elevating the play of some of these guys, which I guess he's doing with Dortch.

In other news since I don't know where else to put this, I'm supposed to be up and walking in 18 days. I figure enough of the board will be in this thread since some have asked.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brit is hilarious.

He named:

- His buddy. Sure. His buddy looking be inferior to the one Keim let go & traded a 1st rounder for.

- A 5’7 guy that hasn’t played a down this season yet.

- Another 5’7 UDFA guy that’s on his 5th team in 3 years.

- A guy that was already washed up before he got here, now he’s arguably the biggest negative at WR in the entire league now.

- A moderately productive guy that’s passed his prime. His former team went to another level without him.

- An already limited TE that is coming off a brutal knee injury.

- A rookie TE where TE seems to be the hardest to transition to in the league. I think he even admitted that.

Then he brought up a slow plodding RB & two ordinary RBs.

Makes perfect sense why Brit believes Keim is “overhated”. Because he accepts mediocrity like this from the guy.
I don’t think Britcard accepts mediocrity as much as he can’t admit he was wrong after bashing anyone who brought up ALL those issues above during the off-season (and have sadly been proven on target).

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler should be elevating the play of some of these guys
I get you, but the supporting cast still gotta do their part at the end of the day.

Kyler was trying to “elevate” AJ during the Raiders game. A lot. Seems like AJ didn’t wanted to be elevated himself.

Kyler has been playing bad for the most part. Not excusing that. I do think the “elevate” word needs more context around it. You can’t elevate someone if they’re failing to elevate themselves.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The closest QB Kliff had to Kyler was probably Manziel when he was OC for Sumlin. A lot of Manziel’s success that year was playing sandlot QB. It’s not breaking news that Kyler has to play that way to score points in Kliff’s Big-12 offense. From a skill set standpoint Rosen was probably a better fit which is who Kliff thought he’d be developing. It was a complete failure putting a rookie QB/rookie NFL HC together and they did it two years in a row.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Specially with the eagles coming to town next week. I promise you, it will not be pretty if I have to get on a plane to AZ with us 1-3 and them 4-0 if they beat the Jags.
Just cancel bro…. Lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's really not low. Green had 850 yards last year. Brown had 1050. Ertz had 750. That's 2700 yards just in those 3 guys. Then you have Nuk back in game 7 I'd he should push 1000 yards in 10 games.

There is more than enough talent in this offense.

Honestly, I find the repeated attempts to make it seem like anything less than Nuk, Chase and DK at WR is "Letting Kyler down" rather pathetic.

The Chiefs are 5th in scoring and the only Pro Bowl / All Pro skill player they have in Kelce. The Browns are 8th in scoring with Brissett at QB and Cooper, DPJ, Shwartz and Njoku.

The Falcon's are 10th, with Marriota plus all the garbage plus rookie London and 2nd year Pitts they have.

Kyler is supposed to ELEVATE the offense. If he can only be good on the Dolphins or Bills why are we paying him? What use is a $45m quarterback who is only good surrounded by A+ talent everywhere.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think Britcard accepts mediocrity as much as he can’t admit he was wrong after bashing anyone who brought up ALL those issues above during the off-season (and have sadly been proven on target).

Sigh. I don't know how many times I have to say this. I said a number of times that we could be anything from 7-10 to 12-7. I never said we WOULD be good. I said we could be good and that I didn't think the roster was any worse than last year. I still don't think the roster is worse than last year.

That's completely different to saying "Hey, you guys. Do you have to be completely GD miserable and negative in every single thread multiple times. We get it, you think we suck."

And let's not pretend "You knew it", because we had the same thing the previous offseason and then there was a whole crow eating thread.

You still don't know it now after only 3 games. If just Kyler can pull his head out of his ass the whole season changes.

This can probably apply to Dvontel too I assume seeing as I can't see what he's saying.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The same future earning they pay off a $50m plane you don't need.

There is an operational return on the investment in a jet that transports the team; it's part of the team branding and a legitimate business expense for tax purposes.

There is a 'zero' return on paying KK $20m+ to play golf and pick up chicks.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brits coming around.. especially when it comes to Kyler.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose