Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers Pregame Thread. 9/26/22-10/02/22

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Whole heartily agree, especially the soup one. I found all the characters annoying.
It’s interesting, in it’s hey day Seinfeld was brilliant. But I don’t think it holds up with time. Whereas Friends was brilliant then and it’s still entertaining (if not over the top in later seasons) today.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler just keeps saying crazy stuff. "I do what I'm asked to do." Really? If what you're asked to do isn't going to work based on how you're reading the defense, a "franchise" QB should be able to read a defense (No?), then you should maybe change the freaking play. Doesn't matter if Kliff doesn't like it, change the freaking play. Sort of like Warner did with Whiz. I know Warner had more cache' than Kyler does right now but crying out loud, quit passive/aggressively throwing your coach under the bus.
Kyler has really shown his true colors this off season and so far this season. Never him, never his fault, always someone else or some excuse. His youth is no longer an excuse IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler just keeps saying crazy stuff. "I do what I'm asked to do." Really? If what you're asked to do isn't going to work based on how you're reading the defense, a "franchise" QB should be able to read a defense (No?), then you should maybe change the freaking play. Doesn't matter if Kliff doesn't like it, change the freaking play. Sort of like Warner did with Whiz. I know Warner had more cache' than Kyler does right now but crying out loud, quit passive/aggressively throwing your coach under the bus.
Kyler has really shown his true colors this off season and so far this season. Never him, never his fault, always someone else or some excuse. His youth is no longer an excuse IMO.
It’s becoming really grating.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two also brilliant shows. I would add The Good Place to that list and Veep (though the latter lost a lot of its lustre during the trump years when he made Veep look sane).

The thing about the Office and Parks and Rec is that while their characters are all idiosyncratic, several you actually root for and get involved in their long term character arcs.

Larry David style comedies I don't really identify with any of the characters so that is where I feel the disconnect is.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two also brilliant shows. I would add The Good Place to that list and Veep (though the latter lost a lot of its lustre during the trump years when he made Veep look sane).
Best comedy to come out, probably since Arrested Development.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McCoy based on two starts here? Over Murray? This is like saying Cooper Rush over Prescott. What has Michael and Keim done to you all?

I mean, Kyler is missing wide open guys, not doing pre snap reads, not doing post snap reads and general playing poorly. So yeah, I don't think McCoy would do those things.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because they are funny. Seinfeld is not.

Seinfeld always felt like some kind of weird New York humor inside joke thing. I always imagined only people from the Northeast got it. It was the only explanation I could come up with as to why it was so popular.
Um no.

I like the office, but Seinfeld is funnier by far to me. George and Kramer are two of the best charachters ever on tv.