Arizona Cardinals’ 53-man roster prediction ahead of final cuts

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'd try to keep the rookie OL.

Harlow and Miles have low ceilings.
I would agree with trying to keep the rookie offensive linemen. Disagree about Harlow being the odd man out. Will be frustrated if they cut Hayes.

Final decisions probably come down to Isabella, McSorely, or L Smith.

Obviously injuries would open up spots. If Pugh needs to go on IR for the first 4 weeks, you can cut Smith, add him to the PS, and then add him to the roster.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Players I think make the 53

Wooten
Tae Daley - he's shown more than Wiggins
Manny Jones - looks like a player

I think Luketa and Bolden deserve a spot but just don't see how in deep rooms.

I'd take Bolden over Isabella. No way Isabella makes that Bolden catch.

Isabella again had a good stat line but disappointed me. He had 2 chances to score but got brought down at the 2. One of them being chased down by a slow ass LB. I still see a very limited guy that's only good at things you rarely get to do against starter quality talent.

Add in that Isabella still shows nothing on ST's.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Players I think make the 53

Wooten
Tae Daley - he's shown more than Wiggins
Manny Jones - looks like a player

I think Luketa and Bolden deserve a spot but just don't see how in deep rooms.

I'd take Bolden over Isabella. No way Isabella makes that Bolden catch.

Isabella again had a good stat line but disappointed me. He had 2 chances to score but got brought down at the 2. One of them being chased down by a slow ass LB. I still see a very limited guy that's only good at things you rarely get to do against starter quality talent.

Add in that Isabella still shows nothing on ST's.
I think Bolden showed the least of the Isabella, Dortch, Bolden trio. He also fumbled last night. Dortch will be the return man so Bolden has even less value. Isabella was clearly better as a receiver too.

Id love for both Wooten and Jones to make the roster. Daley and Wiggins are about equal.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Dortch fills the skill set Bolden provides -- tough cut there

Given Hopkins and Wesley's situation, Isabella makes the team. If nothing else: when he comes on the field - the CB is thinking cover deep.

i think there will be three or four guys they like that will be cut, only to get certain vets like Pugh, maybe Wesley, through cut down day so they can then be put on IR, and those guys are brought back. Ingram, Manny Jones, Christian Mathew, Wooten, Tae Daley are all in this category

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Let's not exaggerate. The LB caught Isabella because he was cutting left out of traffic.

They maybe able to delay the Boldin - Isabella decision for 6 weeks.

Daley certainly didn't out play Wiggins last evening.

Wooten, Luketa have earned their PS spots.
No if you watch the replay AI was being run down by the much faster #42 Jones. It didnt matter if AI cut or not he still would have smoked him. It reminded me of Budda getting run down by the much faster Metkalf after the pick. The little guys, AI, Budda, Kyler are quick, but they dont have burner speed and are usually run down by taller long-legged faster players.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's not exaggerate. The LB caught Isabella because he was cutting left out of traffic.

They maybe able to delay the Boldin - Isabella decision for 6 weeks.

Daley certainly didn't out play Wiggins last evening.

Wooten, Luketa have earned their PS spots.

Bella was getting run down before he cut (which wasn't a cut, more a slight change of angle)

42 is a 240lb linebacker that runs 4.5. He's no slouch. But Isabella shouldn't be getting caught, the "cut" was just the nail in the coffin.

Plus Andy should know by now that in that situation there are a bunch of guys chasing you down and you don't do anything that's going to let them catch up. He should have trusted his blocker and put his head down for the EZ.

This is Isabella all over. No matter what they play, he's always that little bit short of what he should have achieved. He can break off a 75 yard play but it should have been a TD. He can get you 5 yards but it should be 8. He should make the catch but he doesn't.

Even Greg Mabin (#30) that misses the original tackle keeps stride with him and he runs 4.54. I can only assume the title of this tweet is ironic.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bella was getting run down before he cut (which wasn't a cut, more a slight change of angle)

42 is a 240lb linebacker that runs 4.5. He's no slouch. But Isabella shouldn't be getting caught, the "cut" was just the nail in the coffin.

Plus Andy should know by now that in that situation there are a bunch of guys chasing you down and you don't do anything that's going to let them catch up. He should have trusted his blocker and put his head down for the EZ.

This is Isabella all over. No matter what they play, he's always that little bit short of what he should have achieved. He can break off a 75 yard play but it should have been a TD. He can get you 5 yards but it should be 8. He should make the catch but he doesn't.

Even Greg Mabin (#30) that misses the original tackle keeps stride with him and he runs 4.54. I can only assume the title of this tweet is ironic.

It is a bit disappointing that he didnt trust his speed.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No if you watch the replay AI was being run down by the much faster #42 Jones. It didnt matter if AI cut or not he still would have smoked him. It reminded me of Budda getting run down by the much faster Metkalf after the pick. The little guys, AI, Budda, Kyler are quick, but they dont have burner speed and are usually run down by taller long-legged faster players.

If you actually think that ILB could take AI in a straight race, you've got another 'think' coming - IMO.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

The most embarrassing thing is that stupid #birdcityfootball tag is going to show up in-season when the NFL retweet’s our highlights.

It’s Soooooooo bad.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
If you actually think that ILB could take AI in a straight race, you've got another 'think' coming - IMO.
Again, IF you wach the replay you can see Jone's enter the picture and run down Andy easily. I mean its like AI was nailed to the turf fast. Watch again.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Again, IF you wach the replay you can see Jone's enter the picture and run down Andy easily. I mean its like AI was nailed to the turf fast. Watch again.

I don't have to watch again to realize that AI catches the ball near the right sideline, stutter steps, and cuts/moves towards the centre hash marks while the chasing linebacker is running on a straight line.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nahhh AI wasn’t in a full sprint he was too busy watching his blocker ahead and trying not outrun his block(a mistake yes) but no way in hell in a flat straight line race he gets caught by that guy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only way I think Isabella stays is during the Hop suspension in the hope they can find a trade partner.

No matter what we think I believe it's pretty obvious that neither Kyler or the coaching staff trust him. Whenever he's been called on in actual NFL games he's let them down.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The only way I think Isabella stays is during the Hop suspension in the hope they can find a trade partner.

No matter what we think I believe it's pretty obvious that neither Kyler or the coaching staff trust him. Whenever he's been called on in actual NFL games he's let them down.
Hes definitely grown as a player this offseason. He looks stronger and more confident.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Nahhh AI wasn’t in a full sprint he was too busy watching his blocker ahead and trying not outrun his block(a mistake yes) but no way in hell in a flat straight line race he gets caught by that guy.
Jone's would smoke him in a flat out sprint. Def would be interesting to see.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose