Arizona Basketball 2019-2020

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Very Wisconsin-esq. Pepperdine was hitting virtually everything, including its FTs. Arizona was very sloppy on defense and hit like 55% of its FTs.

Difference is we made one more play than Pepperdine. Obviously, not good enough Moving forward, but at least it’s a W. Nico is the man

Wonder if Colbey Ross would be interested in transferring to Arizona next season.....

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thankfully there is still time to recover, but record notwithstanding, this team currently looks no better than 5th or 6th in the conference. Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Stanford and possibly even ASU and USC are all playing better basketball against better competition.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Thankfully there is still time to recover, but record notwithstanding, this team currently looks no better than 5th or 6th in the conference. Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Stanford and possibly even ASU and USC are all playing better basketball against better competition.

So Kentucky and Duke would be 7th and 8th best in our conference?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So Kentucky and Duke would be 7th and 8th best in our conference?

They each had one bad game. Plus they have beaten better teams, including Duke destroying a Cal team that in turn blew out the same Pepperdine team that almost beat us.

We have struggled against inferior competition three games in a row.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
They each had one bad game. Plus they have beaten better teams, including Duke destroying a Cal team that in turn blew out the same Pepperdine team that almost beat us.

We have struggled against inferior competition three games in a row.

they each had one bad game in which they lost at home to far inferior opponents, which will come Back to bite them in the ass come March. Squeezing by Pepperdine won’t impact our resume. I’ll take that over what you described, though i wouldn’t consider a near 40 point blowout “struggling”

I’m also watching #5 Maryland struggling to put Harvard away right now. This stuff happens far more often than people think.

I’m discouraged by our lack of defense and rebounding last night, but nothing I’ve seen is making me waver from my thoughts that this is a legit F4 contender

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
they each had one bad game in which they lost at home to far inferior opponents, which will come Back to bite them in the ass come March. Squeezing by Pepperdine won’t impact our resume. I’ll take that over what you described, though i wouldn’t consider a near 40 point blowout “struggling”

I’m also watching #5 Maryland struggling to put Harvard away right now. This stuff happens far more often than people think.

I’m discouraged by our lack of defense and rebounding last night, but nothing I’ve seen is making me waver from my thoughts that this is a legit F4 contender

Right now, even with two losses, Oregon looks to be the class of the conference by far, taking Gonzaga to overtime and then hanging with North Carolina. If we play the way we have the last 3 games, we lose to Gonzaga by 20.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Single early season losses don’t come back to bite programs like duke or Kentucky.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nico has surpassed expectations but we’re too dependent on him. Like Nash you almost don’t want him playing aggressive defense so he doesn’t get in foul trouble.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nico has surpassed expectations but we’re too dependent on him. Like Nash you almost don’t want him playing aggressive defense so he doesn’t get in foul trouble.

Right now, nobody on the team is playing defense. We can survive that against inferior competition, especially when we're shooting the lights out, but the moment our shots stop falling, especially against better competition, we're screwed.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This is a team that has three players who can step up and take over a game if the others are having an off-night (Nico, Green, and Nnaji). They also have enough complementary players who can contribute in such a situation. I expect to be screwed in the seeding as is the case every year, but this team is going to be the one a number 1 or 2 seed is going to dread having in their bracket

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is a team that has three players who can step up and take over a game if the others are having an off-night (Nico, Green, and Nnaji). They also have enough complementary players who can contribute in such a situation. I expect to be screwed in the seeding as is the case every year, but this team is going to be the one a number 1 or 2 seed is going to dread having in their bracket

Agreed...but it could just as easily be the team that goes down in a 4-13 or 5-12 upset in the Round of 64.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I see this team going 1-1 against Baylor and Gonzaga.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I see this team going 1-1 against Baylor and Gonzaga.

Right now, I would gladly take that. If they keep playing the way they have the past four games, I see this team being blown out in both and perhaps even losing to Wake Forest tomorrow.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Right now, I would gladly take that. If they keep playing the way they have the past four games, I see this team being blown out in both and perhaps even losing to Wake Forest tomorrow.

Very negative. It seems like you are watching a different team than me.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Another game, another bad start against inferior competition...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nice recovery...until complacency set in again. Thankfully it didn't cost them the game, and they now have a win against a top 100 team.

Play must improve significantly if they want to be competitive against Baylor and Gonzaga and in Pac 12 play.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If Dylan Smith and Max Hazzard can continue to be legit sharp shooters then can overcome off nights from the star freshman.

We all jumped the gun on Zeke. Despite his numbers there’s no way he’s a lotto pick after one year. His defense is really bad.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Depth really got tested with no Gettings and Ira and Nnaji fouling out. That was a small lineup down the stretch. Don’t think Miller ever envisioned Green playing the 4.

Weird trip. Glad we won them all. 6 days to prep for Baylor.

Also, these past two games have been two of the worst officiated games I’ve ever witnessed. I was at last night’s game. It was brutal to watch.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Depth really got tested with no Gettings and Ira and Nnaji fouling out. That was a small lineup down the stretch. Don’t think Miller ever envisioned Green playing the 4.

Weird trip. Glad we won them all. 6 days to prep for Baylor.

Also, these past two games have been two of the worst officiated games I’ve ever witnessed. I was at last night’s game. It was brutal to watch.

Baylor is a 10 am game as well. Not sure we’ll have a tier -1 win in the non-conference if we don’t win two of the next three. That would give the committee reason to bone us.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you really look at it closely, the team didn't really play any better here than it did in the Battle for Atlantis debacle two years ago. The only difference is we got three wins instead of three losses thanks to the inferior level of competition.

This team still looks to be nowhere near ready to compete against quality opponents.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
If you really look at it closely, the team didn't really play any better here than it did in the Battle for Atlantis debacle two years ago. The only difference is we got three wins instead of three losses thanks to the inferior level of competition.

This team still looks to be nowhere near ready to compete against quality opponents.

The only difference between the battle of Atlantis is the fact that we won three games instead of losing three games? Seems like a pretty significant, and much better, difference.

Good God, just stop. We get it: You don’t like the way this team’s played. Fine. But the constant bitching and bickering is growing tired.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson