Arizona Basketball 2019-2020

Discussion in 'University of Arizona' started by TJ, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

If it's not even close then Arizona has no shooters. Max can shoot yes but his career best from 3 was last year, 38. Last year was also the only timein his career he topped 40% overall. He's never topped 78% from the FT line either. He can shoot yes but he's more of a volume shooter he's not Steve Kerr or something like that. He's more like a smaller, less athletic version of Gabe York. You hope it's York the senior that had career bests in shooting and obviously there's enough talent that he doesn't have to carry the water as much as he did last year.

I really don't know enough about Oregon's kids to know, I know they had a nice recruiting class I just am not familiar with the kids for the most part, foreign kids, transfers etc. Great coach, every year finds a way to pull together guys like that.

2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I have been thoroughly unimpressed with anything Lee’s brought to the table. And we’ve heard about transfers with skills a lot before and I’ve yet to see any shooter live up to their reputation upon transfer. If they give zona anything I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

3. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

Lee is actually better than I thought I figured he'd have transferred out by now but he's improved. But he's never going to be really good because he has such little range on his shot. Very athletic though. Gettings is sort of unknown he was 2nd team all Ivy league before transferring, supposed to be a good shooter but I've never seen him.

Heard lots of people raving about the freshman NNaji. I didn't see the red/blue so I have no idea. But losing Brandon Williams hurts not clear to me who the backup PG is now. On paper I think Arizona has as much talent as anybody in the conference but I'm really not familiar with Oregon's kids. Surprised that USC and UW aren't a bit higher but USC is mainly potential Enfield's teams usually underachieve. Colorado is more experienced they just appear to lack depth.

I think there's 5-6 teams on paper that could win the conference if things go right for them.

4. TJ

TJ Suge White

if you’re expecting 12/7 from him, you’re gonna be disappointed. However, he’s a valuable role player and a guy who’ll give energy off the bench and solid interior defense. With all of the talent and depth on the team, he isn’t going to be asked to or need to do much more than that. I’d loosely compare his role to that of a younger Jared Dudley

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.