Are we all overlooking Cordy Glenn

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
He has really long arms. That is all I need to know for me to get on board the wagon.:D

Anyways I have seen more then a few people put Glenn in the top 12. The draft expert that is always on with Jurecki, Russ Landy, has him in the top 12 as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Cordy Glenn has long arms and natural power which gives him an advantage over most OTs coming out of college. His tremendous size helps him counter the bull rush which most college OTs struggle with, and his long arms help him against speed rushers until he develops better technique.

My preference is Ingram and DeCastro, but if they are gone, and Glenn is taken to play OT (I would prefer LT, but whatever), I am ok with it.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Glenn is the most gifted o-line athlete in the draft---no question. He struggled a little early in adjusting to the tackle position, but once he got settled he was very good.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's not pure speed; it's quickness. Glenn seemed quick enough against SEC pass rushers at LT in the film that I watched of him. Really nice drop-step.

And it's not just quickness; it's also technique. Glenn is such a talented player that it's possible that he was allowed to get lazy with his technique so coaches could work with lesser players. Glenn could make a HUGE jump in this area.

What the 4-5 times a game SEC teams actually threw the football? :D

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82756&draftyear=2012&genpos=OT

I don't mind Glenn. I think that at #13, it's reaching a bit. The Ravens player personell directer Eric DeCosta, who's pretty adept at drafting value, has him rated "in the 15-35 range", as of April 2. Now he's moving up charts partly because of his line versatility, but there are questions on him being able to handle outside rushers, just like Levi does. They still have him mainly as a LG, where he is in his most natural element.

He also does not have great initial burst but is strong.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson