Anyone watching Jeremy Lin?

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Lin is lighting up LA, love it!!

On a side note: I'm soooo glad we got rid of Matt Barnes!! Guy singlehandedly lost the game for LA tonight.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who here is from South Dakota?

You must be registered for see images attach

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
at least he gets assists

And turnovers. I can't wait till they MYTH OF LIN ends. It's pathetically annoying. Reminds me of when Knicks fans were hyping up Earl Freaking Barron.

jibikao

Reaction score
Wow.. 38pt. I don't know much about Knicks lineup except for Amare, Melo and Chandler. The whole team probably spent 75% of their whole salary on these 3 players?

Lin is deceiving fast.

Yes, I know Lakers can't guard Lin but hey, Lin took the opportunity and exploded with it. That's why he is a media sensation right now. This dude has guts to LEAD the team tonight without Amare and Melo.

It's even more amazing that the whole team really relies on Lin atm. I mean this dude couldn't even get into a regular bench rotation.

Fairytale or not, just enjoy it while it lasts. I am happy for him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And turnovers. I can't wait till they MYTH OF LIN ends. It's pathetically annoying. Reminds me of when Knicks fans were hyping up Earl Freaking Barron.
i dont remember earl barron getting this many per game or assists per game, or even having this much of an impact around the country. so how does it remind you of earl barron??

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow.. 38pt. I don't know much about Knicks lineup except for Amare, Melo and Chandler. The whole team probably spent 75% of their whole salary on these 3 players?

Lin is deceiving fast.

Yes, I know Lakers can't guard Lin but hey, Lin took the opportunity and exploded with it. That's why he is a media sensation right now. This dude has guts to LEAD the team tonight without Amare and Melo.

It's even more amazing that the whole team really relies on Lin atm. I mean this dude couldn't even get into a regular bench rotation.

Fairytale or not, just enjoy it while it lasts. I am happy for him.

i have the same feelings too. good post man. a feel-good story for sure.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
i dont remember earl barron getting this many per game or assists per game, or even having this much of an impact around the country. so how does it remind you of earl barron??

A part of me thinks half or more than half of the hype is because he is a Chinese guy. I've seen the twitter feeds and stuff. He's an NBA player, I don't see what's so amazing about him making a layup or passing the ball to a wide open Nova for a three. Overhype. He's a great story no question but people have overblown this.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rockets general manager Daryl Morey regrets cutting Jeremy Lin. I wonder if the Suns FO regrets sending Dragic plus a first round pick to the Rockets for Aaron Brooks who is still playing in China and seems unlikely to play for the Suns again. There are degrees of mistakes and the Suns seem to be on the short end most of the time.

If Lance Blanks idea of improving the Suns was adding Telfair, Price and Brown... this speaks volumes. Where was Blanks when Lin was cut? I thought his job was spotting talent on other NBA teams.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218924/Morey_Regrets_Cutting_Jeremy_Lin

Forgive me for quoting myself on this subject but where was Blanks and the Suns FO when Lin was waived when the Suns backup PGs are terrible. Perhaps Lin would have chosen to go to New York anyway but I would like to know if the Suns tried to pursue him.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Forgive me for quoting myself on this subject but where was Blanks and the Suns FO when Lin was waived when the Suns backup PGs are terrible. Perhaps Lin would have chosen to go to New York anyway but I would like to know if the Suns tried to pursue him.

They were too busy hot on the trail for Sebastian Telfair :) Shooting 'Blanks'

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
If I'm the Knicks, I am shipping Melo ass so fast out of town for some knockdown shooters and finishers at the rim.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Suns have a GM? :eek:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They were where every other team's FO was. It's kind of hard to fault the Suns management for missing out on something that the NBA in general missed out on. Even in New York they were about to pass on him once again.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
22 shots attempted? When did he become Carmelo? He's not going to get that many shots up once Melo and Amare get back.

You're really starting to come across like someone else here does when he talks about Gortat. Watch the kid play. Who knows if he'll be able to keep this up but what he's done so far is incredible. Watch the Knicks play and then compare it to just about any game they've played in recent years and the change in chemistry is unbelievable and it starts with Lin.

Maybe he's being over-hyped but all you have to do is listen to one interview to realize it's not his doing. He's going out of his way to remind the media that it's a team game. And his shot attempts came within the offense, nothing wrong with shooting often if that's what the defense gives you.

Steve

jibikao

Reaction score

You seem to have a lot of negative view on Lin. Why is that?

Lin led a team that was a total garbage (minus Chandler). When Nash first came back here, people were saying it was just a momentarily thing and it wouldn't last. Well, Nash proved them wrong at least for a few seasons and went to WCF twice.

Lin doesn't look bad at all. Turnover is expected as he was the main ball handler and I am sure he was super excited and nervous as hell.

Lin would look bad if all he does is shooting 3pt because 3pt shooting is bound to cool off. Lin drove to the line all the time and ran the whole team. What more do you want?

And no, I don't think Lin is MVP or the BEST player out there but I do think he handles media pressure really well because you are one of those that REALLY WANT HIM TO FAIL tonight. You were probably waiting for Lakers to destroy him and say "See, I told you!".

Stop the hate. Geeze. You are the same type of people that hated Nash years ago, and look, you just created a thread about Nash being the best PG right now at age 38.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns have a GM? :eek:

Actually in name only. As I understand it, Blanks is supposed to find NBA talent that has not yet blossomed or undervalued. All I see for his efforts this season is Telfair, Price and Brown. Oh, I forgot, Aaron Brooks is still in China.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Lin Vs. The only two NBA teams he's started against so far.

Jazz 8 assists 8 turnovers
Lakers 7 assists 6 turnovers.

15 assists to 14 turnovers.

I won't even include the Nets and the Wizards. If you guys are okay with 15 assists to 14 turnovers then Aaron Brooks will be a welcome addition.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
You seem to have a lot of negative view on Lin. Why is that?

Lin led a team that was a total garbage (minus Chandler). When Nash first came back here, people were saying it was just a momentarily thing and it wouldn't last. Well, Nash proved them wrong at least for a few seasons and went to WCF twice.

Lin doesn't look bad at all. Turnover is expected as he was the main ball handler and I am sure he was super excited and nervous as hell.

Lin would look bad if all he does is shooting 3pt because 3pt shooting is bound to cool off. Lin drove to the line all the time and ran the whole team. What more do you want?

And no, I don't think Lin is MVP or the BEST player out there but I do think he handles media pressure really well because you are one of those that REALLY WANT HIM TO FAIL tonight. You were probably waiting for Lakers to destroy him and say "See, I told you!".

Stop the hate. Geeze. You are the same type of people that hated Nash years ago, and look, you just created a thread about Nash being the best PG right now at age 38.

I don't hate Lin, I just find this hype pretty sad. He's a nice kid with a good story. People just need to calm down. 4 games. Many players have looked good for 4 games. Knick fans are shouting MVP MVP for Jeremy Lin. Lin lead a team that was total garbage? They faced 3 pretty bad teams before facing the Lakers. Okay he did great against them. Respect it. Don't understand this national ESPN crap.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lin Vs. The only two NBA teams he's started against so far.

Jazz 8 assists 8 turnovers
Lakers 7 assists 6 turnovers.

15 assists to 14 turnovers.

I won't even include the Nets and the Wizards. If you guys are okay with 15 assists to 14 turnovers then Aaron Brooks will be a welcome addition.

The Knicks were on a 2 - 11 stretch. Now, with Lin (and without their 2 superstars) they are on a 4 - 0 stretch. These numbers trump your numbers. And if you can't give credit to an undrafted kid out of Harvard for putting up great numbers against the weaker teams in the NBA than you're bringing either ignorance or an agenda to this argument.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The Knicks were on a 2 - 11 stretch. Now, with Lin (and without their 2 superstars) they are on a 4 - 0 stretch. These numbers trump your numbers. And if you can't give credit to an undrafted kid out of Harvard for putting up great numbers against the weaker teams in the NBA than you're bringing either ignorance or an agenda to this argument.

Steve

Neither. I respect his game. He isn't a superstar like he's become in a week. I'd take him over the trash we roll out there off our bench any day.

jibikao

Reaction score
I don't hate Lin, I just find this hype pretty sad. He's a nice kid with a good story. People just need to calm down. 4 games. Many players have looked good for 4 games. Knick fans are shouting MVP MVP for Jeremy Lin.

You do know the definition of "hype" right? This kid came out of nowhere and has led Knicks to four wins and possibly more.

Who cares what Knicks fans were shouting. I am sure Suns fans were shutting Nash for MVP as well because Nash was leading the team.

And I am not one of those that thinks Lin is MVP. Far from it. He needs more games and more years but right now, Lin is the MPV in Knicks' eyes because that whole team sucked hard. Amare has knee problems and Melo is having his worst shooting % year at pathetic 39%.

And Lin probably just saved D'Antoni's job for now. :p

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
You do know the definition of "hype" right? This kid came out of nowhere and has lead Knicks to four wins and possibly more.

Who cares what Knicks fans were shouting. I am sure Suns fans were shutting Nash for MVP as well because Nash was leading the team.

And I am not one of those that thinks Lin is MVP. Far from it. He needs more games and more years but right now, Lin is the MPV in Knicks' eyes because that whole team sucked hard. Amare has knee problems and Melo is having his worst shooting % year at pathetic 39%.

And Lin probably just saved D'Antoni's job for now. :p

He was the MVP? What are you talkin about ?

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
What I like about Jeremy Lin is that he has no fear, he is not like Goran Tragic who crawled up in a shell once he came out on the court. If he takes off great for him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison