Anyone ever bought half a pig or cow locally?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree 100% and have been looking into this for some time. But for example - Ground beef at fresh and easy (no filler, corn syrup, blah blah) is $2.50 a lb. If F&E uses no crap, preservatives or etc, the only difference is diet, no?

Diet + locally sourced (which I like locally sourced aspect a lot, too). Diet is important, IMO. Not being grain finished to pump up fat content is key. Different flavor, texture, leaner and more healthy overall. Grass fed is 100 calories less per pound than grain fed/finished.

I don't know what the ratio is on FE ground beef is, what its source practices are (organic, etc.) but at $2.50 per lb I'm guessing its not much different than most you'd pick up at Fry's or Albertsons (though that is a phenomenal price).

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diet + locally sourced (which I like locally sourced aspect a lot, too). Diet is important, IMO. Not being grain finished to pump up fat content is key. Different flavor, texture, leaner and more healthy overall. Grass fed is 100 calories less per pound than grain fed/finished.

I don't know what the ratio is on FE ground beef is, what its source practices are (organic, etc.) but at $2.50 per lb I'm guessing its not much different than most you'd pick up at Fry's or Albertsons (though that is a phenomenal price).

you have to buy two pounds to get it. They do the same thing with chicken, fam packs are 1.99 a lb.

F&E offered free trade ins of pink slime meat saying theirs has no fillers so it is different.

Their main shtick is no preservatives, no high fructose, no fillers and something else. They do have seperate organic products so it is not that everything is organic but I find it is of a higher quality than normal meat at frys per their standards and I do believe the beef tastes better

hmmm

I am VERY interested in organic, local meat but the $7lb price tag is rough.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eat less of, but better, meat. Like the good old days. There are amazing food options out there to keep you happy and full, without all the meat. That being said, Im probably gout worthy at this point after a year at the butcher shop...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had the porterhouses last night.

Best steak I've had at home. Easily.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn