Last nights Big Red Rage! WOW..............

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
First of all I got there at around 5:10pm and had no trouble getting a table up close to the show. So if you are planning on going I would suggest getting there a little early, the show starts at 6pm.

So anyhow at around 5:40 Bert Berry shows up. He was kinda walking around not really talking to anyone so I called him over to my table. One heck of a nice guy he came over and BS'd with me for a minute signed my Cards flag that I was using as a table cloth. I told him I hope he can knock Brady out of the game this week, he just started laughing and said "We are going to do what we can to make that happen".

Then AZCards21 shows up and joins us at the table. Great guy! Had a good night drinkin with him.

So then next thing I notice is all the tables around me start to fill up with nicely dressed people. I look a little closer and it is a bunch of the Cards brass and thier families. Rod Graves, Michael Bidwill, Jim O, Lisa Manning, and Ron Menigar. And probably many more that I just did not recognize. I was kinda trippin, I have been to the Big Red Rage before and none of these people ever come out.Well Jim O is always there but none of these others.

So we invite Michael Bidwill over just to meet him and he just ends up hanging out with us for what seemed like a long time. He is cool as heII !!! We talked about the team, the new staff, Marcell Shipp, Fitz, Q , the new stadium and yes ASFN! He does read the board! He said he doesnt get to read it everyday, but he reads it often! In fact he said he wishes he had the time to read it everyday. Let me tell you guys, he is a good guy, not the politician I thought he might be. He hung out and drank beers with us and just talked football. He wants to WIN! He said in his opinion there is no room for moral victories W's are that matter to him. So he takes off and goes and gets Rod Graves and brings him over, introduces us as "some amazing fans". Rod hung for a minutes, but didnt have a beer with us. If you ever meet Rod watch out with the handshake, his hands are like vice grips!

Then Duane Starks shows up and stops by and says hello. Cool guy also, he said he feels good and is real happy to be healthy and ready to play. He didnt hang for long, he and Q's agent was there and it seemed like there was some business happening.

So then Ron Menigar came over to our table and man this guy is as cool as they come. He hung with us for at least an hour, buying round after round. He kept grabbing other staffers and radio guys as they walked by and introducing us to them. At this point I am getting a little buzzed so I really dont remember who all we met, but we met alot of people. Ron was just a kick back normal guy that loves football. He says they have alot of cool plans in store for the fans, and season ticket holders in particular over the next year and a half. He talked to Bill Lewis from KDUS about coming over to the halftime meets and getting ASFN some plugs. He also said he wants to hook our tailgates up with some Cards appearances, cheerleaders maybe!!!! And he said the new stadium is going to have some cool grass tailgate areas for all "the diehards"! The guy was way cool. He and I made plans to go have some beers sometime at my local bar in Queen Creek, shoot some pool, drink some beers and talk football.

Ron grabbed Q and asked him to meet us. Q had his wife/girlfriend and new baby with him, so he was in a hurry to get outta there so we thought he would just shake hands sign the flag and bail..........nope we were wrong. He pulled up a chair and hung out and talked for at least 10mins. He said he feels good but doesnt know just when he is going to be back. He hopes to be back right after the bye though. I asked if he was going to get a new deal and told him we want him to stay here for ALONG time. He said he isnt going anywhere that he wants to play here for a very long time. He thinks this team is a winner and is going to be winner sooner than most people think. He likes coach Green too or at least he seemed to. He just had a baby 2 months ago, which I didnt know. So we talked about kids for awhile. I have 3 of them and AzCards21 has some, so we all BS'd about what kids are like.

Jurecki stopped by for about 10 mins also. I asked him to sign my flag, but said you have to put "I love Dennis Green" he started laughing and of course did not sign. We gave him some heck for how he is being on the radio. He basically said he doesnt agree with the O-line moves Green has made, and some of the other moves he thinks weakened the team. But he said if this team starts winning he will be the first to say he was wrong. But he things the team is 1-2 years away from being good. He also said he doesnt have to believe because he is not a fan, he is a reporter.

Anyway I know that was just a big rammble but my head hurts a little from last night and I wanted to give a little report. But the one thing that was obvious to me more than anything is the people we talked to all want to and believe this team is going to win alot of games real soon! I know, I know......what else are they going to say. But seriously, I didnt feel like we were getting fed kool-aid, and believe me I know what the kool-aid looks like and tastes like, I am after all a major addict.

Oh yeah I won a football autographed by Q, Berry and Starks! Thanks to Bill Lewis, I had the wrong answer and he said the right one so I yelled it out and won. So I told him I owe him a drink. He said double rum and coke, I ordered it and man it was $10! But hey I got the football so it was worth it!

Bobcat

Reaction score
DieHardCardFan said:
First of all I got there at around 5:10pm and had no trouble getting a table up close to the show. So if you are planning on going I would suggest getting there a little early, the show starts at 6pm.

So anyhow at around 5:40 Bert Berry shows up. He was kinda walking around not really talking to anyone so I called him over to my table. One heck of a nice guy he came over and BS'd with me for a minute signed my Cards flag that I was using as a table cloth. I told him I hope he can knock Brady out of the game this week, he just started laughing and said "We are going to do what we can to make that happen".

Then AZCards21 shows up and joins us at the table. Great guy! Had a good night drinkin with him.

So then next thing I notice is all the tables around me start to fill up with nicely dressed people. I look a little closer and it is a bunch of the Cards brass and thier families. Rod Graves, Michael Bidwill, Jim O, Lisa Manning, and Ron Menigar. And probably many more that I just did not recognize. I was kinda trippin, I have been to the Big Red Rage before and none of these people ever come out.Well Jim O is always there but none of these others.

So we invite Michael Bidwill over just to meet him and he just ends up hanging out with us for what seemed like a long time. He is cool as heII !!! We talked about the team, the new staff, Marcell Shipp, Fitz, Q , the new stadium and yes ASFN! He does read the board! He said he doesnt get to read it everyday, but he reads it often! In fact he said he wishes he had the time to read it everyday. Let me tell you guys, he is a good guy, not the politician I thought he might be. He hung out and drank beers with us and just talked football. He wants to WIN! He said in his opinion there is no room for moral victories W's are that matter to him. So he takes off and goes and gets Rod Graves and brings him over, introduces us as "some amazing fans". Rod hung for a minutes, but didnt have a beer with us. If you ever meet Rod watch out with the handshake, his hands are like vice grips!

Then Duane Starks shows up and stops by and says hello. Cool guy also, he said he feels good and is real happy to be healthy and ready to play. He didnt hang for long, he and Q's agent was there and it seemed like there was some business happening.

So then Ron Menigar came over to our table and man this guy is as cool as they come. He hung with us for at least an hour, buying round after round. He kept grabbing other staffers and radio guys as they walked by and introducing us to them. At this point I am getting a little buzzed so I really dont remember who all we met, but we met alot of people. Ron was just a kick back normal guy that loves football. He says they have alot of cool plans in store for the fans, and season ticket holders in particular over the next year and a half. He talked to Bill Lewis from KDUS about coming over to the halftime meets and getting ASFN some plugs. He also said he wants to hook our tailgates up with some Cards appearances, cheerleaders maybe!!!! And he said the new stadium is going to have some cool grass tailgate areas for all "the diehards"! The guy was way cool. He and I made plans to go have some beers sometime at my local bar in Queen Creek, shoot some pool, drink some beers and talk football.

Ron grabbed Q and asked him to meet us. Q had his wife/girlfriend and new baby with him, so he was in a hurry to get outta there so we thought he would just shake hands sign the flag and bail..........nope we were wrong. He pulled up a chair and hung out and talked for at least 10mins. He said he feels good but doesnt know just when he is going to be back. He hopes to be back right after the bye though. I asked if he was going to get a new deal and told him we want him to stay here for ALONG time. He said he isnt going anywhere that he wants to play here for a very long time. He thinks this team is a winner and is going to be winner sooner than most people think. He likes coach Green too or at least he seemed to. He just had a baby 2 months ago, which I didnt know. So we talked about kids for awhile. I have 3 of them and AzCards21 has some, so we all BS'd about what kids are like.

Jurecki stopped by for about 10 mins also. I asked him to sign my flag, but said you have to put "I love Dennis Green" he started laughing and of course did not sign. We gave him some heck for how he is being on the radio. He basically said he doesnt agree with the O-line moves Green has made, and some of the other moves he thinks weakened the team. But he said if this team starts winning he will be the first to say he was wrong. But he things the team is 1-2 years away from being good. He also said he doesnt have to believe because he is not a fan, he is a reporter.

Anyway I know that was just a big rammble but my head hurts a little from last night and I wanted to give a little report. But the one thing that was obvious to me more than anything is the people we talked to all want to and believe this team is going to win alot of games real soon! I know, I know......what else are they going to say. But seriously, I didnt feel like we were getting fed kool-aid, and believe me I know what the kool-aid looks like and tastes like, I am after all a major addict.

Oh yeah I won a football autographed by Q, Berry and Starks! Thanks to Bill Lewis, I had the wrong answer and he said the right one so I yelled it out and won. So I told him I owe him a drink. He said double rum and coke, I ordered it and man it was $10! But hey I got the football so it was worth it!

Great Post Man!!! To bad MJ isn't a fan, yet not a good reporter either.

Bobcat :wave: :thumbup:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way to go Diehard. Great report. Sounds like you really had a lot of fun. :thumbup:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Wow, thats pretty cool...I love it...a double rum and coke? The best part of the post!...:D

J/K, sounds like ya had fun.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i will have to try to make it to one of those. I want to meet some of the brass and see the fire in their eyes. I also want to see MJ and see what he has to say.

thanks for the info....and Michael Bidwill if you are reading this today......Thanks for your passion and believe you me... there are fans out here that want nothing but the best for the team.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DieHard,

Your next to Yumbird in the D lot right? Imma have to stop by and shake the hand of the man that shook the hands of so many last nite. And buy ya a beer for a great post.

OP
OP
DieHardCardFan

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
SameOleGee said:
DieHard,

Your next to Yumbird in the D lot right? Imma have to stop by and shake the hand of the man that shook the hands of so many last nite. And buy ya a beer for a great post.

Right on! I look forward to meeting you! It is going to one hell of a tailgate and game! I am glad so many people are going to make it out to the tailgate, us Cards fans are really like one big family!

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That was a great time!

I'll tell everyone this. The intensity we saw the team playing with last Sunday doesn't stop with the players. The whole organization is fired up!

Reaction score
When reading yesterday's posts about Diehard and AZCards21 going to the Red Rage yesterday I'm thinking to myself, "I'd like to stop by and have a drink with those guys. But I have got too much to do at home!" :hulk:

I should trust my first instinct more often!

Good to hear about the great time! :cool:

:cards:

Last edited:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
You should have come out logic. The Budwieser girl alone was worth the trip!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I'm going to try to make the next one. Hell it's on the way home.

We should invade. It'd be bewildering, and I love a good bewilder.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
I'm going to try to make the next one. Hell it's on the way home.

We should invade. It'd be bewildering, and I love a good bewilder.

Is our goal to achieve ultimate bewilderdness? I'm in for that.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That sounds so cool. Do you think if you went to the Pats Radio show, you would get to hang out with Brady and Ty Law, and then talk Football with Bob Kraft. I don't think so, Thats why I love the Cards :thumbup: That sounds like one of the coolest nights ever

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
I'm jealous....I wish they would do a BRR in Tucson for us fans in the Old Pueblo!

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Makes me wish I live in AZ!!! It is nice to hear the other side of these guys and how many of them took the time to meet you!!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you were to put together a "big rock candy mountain" fantasy of what would be (in the words of Ed Grimley) "simply the best", DieHard nailed it (only it really happened).

How about that!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Nice post Diehard. Sounds like a great time. I've met Michael Bidwill at the Stadium Rally at Riverview Park and he really does seem to be the real deal.

Too bad Azcards21 had to be there, that must've been a drag. :p

Honestly I am envious of you both. I wish that place was more centrally located or something, it is way too far for me to go to.

See ya on Sunday!

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
Nice post Diehard. Sounds like a great time. I've met Michael Bidwill at the Stadium Rally at Riverview Park and he really does seem to be the real deal.

Too bad Azcards21 had to be there, that must've been a drag. :p

Honestly I am envious of you both. I wish that place was more centrally located or something, it is way too far for me to go to.

See ya on Sunday!

lol! I have a way of bringing people down to my level. :D