Anyone else thinking we should draft a QB?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rosen will never do what Bradford has already done - dropping and blaming Sam was stupid - he deserved the same leash after 2 years off and the injury- on a bad coached team- yea if the new coach wants a new qb - should get it with this pick.
People’s loyalty to individual players amazes me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cardinals find a quarterback they like in the later rounds I don't see the harm especially if they trade down and acquire extra picks.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are in the midst of watching perhaps the worst pro football team in modern NFL history. We'd be absolutely, positively premature to judge Rosen just yet. Do I have concerns with Rosen? Yes. Has he contributed to this mess? Yes. But with a HC that brings back memories of Rich Kotite, it's way too soon to be blaming Rosen. If Arians were still the HC & Rosen performed as he has, I would be convinced he was garbage. It really hurts the Cardinal organization that even after being the starter for most of the season, we don't know squat about Rosen. Just further proof that we need a HC that can either bring out the best of Rosen or expose him as a fraud.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
:biglaugh::doi::biglaugh:[/QUOTE

I’m crazy! Look at the numbers- look at the play - why don’t you wait till Rosen has a 200 yard passing game before you crown him qbotf ! I,m crazy but have insight that makes me safe- most slip right into it and do not have a clue.

THESMEL

Reaction score
I certainly hope he doesn't injure himself as often

maybe and maybe not... I will concede that the total lack of any kind of remotely effective game plan didn't help him one bit...

cannot disagree with this more... not even sensible in any way shape or form... sure, let's waste a #1 pick on a QB before we have ANY clue if our previous # 1 pick QB is any good... good plan, makes you wonder is THESMEL isn't some screen name for a certain guy named Gruden (sounds like his kind of strategy, and if they don't ditch Keim, this is probably what will happen ... sigh)

What have you been watching? This ain’t a small sample size for a rookie QB - Leinart was much better on a similar team. Whiz ruined him after Denny was fired - Wilks has probably ruined Rosen already- textbook destruction of a rookie qb of the David Carr variety.

I don’t want to be at odds with other fans- or team or anybody all the time. But Bradford was not the problem - he was very much capable of being a great QB on the Vikings - and is healed up - people here shoveling nothing but CRS on top of him. Cause they want to see the rookie - well I ain’t seen nothing that resembles a franchise qb out of Rosen. A fan would have to reach on spot plays or count on the last minute win against the niners, competing for the 1st draft pick to say they see it. It ain’t there and if it comes it will be inspite of this staff not because of it.

THESMEL

Reaction score
People’s loyalty to individual players amazes me.

Look at the numbers look at the play? Sam has earned a hell of a lot more respect than Rosen - in spite of this staff - is Rosen going to take cousins job? Who’s freaking starting position is Rosen going to earn in this NFL? You question my reason for loyalty - I laugh in the face of silliness

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I would certainly entertain drafting a QB in the later rounds probably in the 5th or 6th round. Brady, Staubach, Starr, Theismann,, Brunell, Unitas, Jurgenson, Blanda were all late picks so you never know where you are going to find gold. Hey Warner, Moon, Romo, Hart were undrafted QBs.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Depends on who's picking the QB If Keim is retained odds are NO QB will be selected in ANY round. I just don't see him doing that based on Rosen and Glennon being already on board.

Take the best player on the board in each round IMO. Drafting for need over BPA leads to players from small schools and who would be available a round or two (or on the street) later being drafted.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like Rosen more than Herbert. Tua next year maybe. I say either take Nick Bosa or trade down for Devin White and Greg Little.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Grooming a solid #2 QB that could possibly be insurance or trade bait would be a great strategy. But...we have far too many holes to use a a draft pick on that this year.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Thesmel,

My comments had nothing to do with or about Josh Rosen it’s about you’re luv affair with Checkdown Sam. He was done! Finished!

You need to step away from Fantasy Island Tatu & quit hanging out Roarke so much he’s corrupting your brain. Lol

Bottom line is Sams career was over, his knees shot & his body toast. When Mike Zimmer & other Vikes doctors said he was basically he had no cartilage left in his knee that tells you all you need to know. He couldnt fully step into throws & played scared every game he played for us. On top of that he couldn’t physically recover last season because of those issues & exactly why the Cards treated him with kids gloves all offseason & why no other QB needy team signed him.

It was terrible signing, especially for $15 million & Cardinals doctors should be ashamed of themselves for giving the organization the green light to sign him. It was just a matter of time before a bad injury ruined him again.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely premature and foolish to judge Rosen on this crap of a season,Lousy HC,Poor OC,Destroyed OLine,Only 2 NFL quality WRS,No real TEs,,,,,the fact that he has been able to survive at all in this pile of crap is amazing .There isn`t another QB in the league who has had this much of a sh*tstorm thrown at them,..Not Josh Allen,Not Mayfield,not Darnold...not a one has had the situation Rosen has had.He has survived...IMHO he gets a mulligan for this season.

Not a mulligan, some sort of an award. Well said.

THESMEL

Reaction score
Thesmel,

My comments had nothing to do with or about Josh Rosen it’s about you’re luv affair with Checkdown Sam. He was done! Finished!

You need to step away from Fantasy Island Tatu & quit hanging out Roarke so much he’s corrupting your brain. Lol

Bottom line is Sams career was over, his knees shot & his body toast. When Mike Zimmer & other Vikes doctors said he was basically he had no cartilage left in his knee that tells you all you need to know. He couldnt fully step into throws & played scared every game he played for us. On top of that he couldn’t physically recover last season because of those issues & exactly why the Cards treated him with kids gloves all offseason & why no other QB needy team signed him.

It was terrible signing, especially for $15 million & Cardinals doctors should be ashamed of themselves for giving the organization the green light to sign him. It was just a matter of time before a bad injury ruined him again.

Don’t agree - Sam was not the problem - Look at cocky Rosen then compared to ruined Rosen now. What he get 80 yards passing against the rams? I just get tired of fans push8ng their line against all the proof in the football world - ain’t no spark of a qbotf - not even a sniff

THESMEL

Reaction score
Keep swinging till you get a franchise qb - not a maybe if we hold our beak right - a for sure

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Could be worse no matter how pathetic we looked this year.....nothing compares to a Ryan Lindley led team.

Snoopdog323

Veteran
Reaction score
Don’t agree - Sam was not the problem - Look at cocky Rosen then compared to ruined Rosen now. What he get 80 yards passing against the rams? I just get tired of fans push8ng their line against all the proof in the football world - ain’t no spark of a qbotf - not even a sniff

Well said. Rosen is a bust. He’s demonstrated as much as Lindley and Max Hall. Don’t want to hear about his moxie. Cards need to look for a QB with that pick. Unlikely to be #1 again.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The thing that worries me about Rosen is that Darnold, Mayfield, and Allen are/were also in bad situations and you can see them getting better. Of course, they were all drafted ahead of Rosen so maybe there's a reason for that.

I'd be 100% on board drafting Dwayne Haskins #1. The Chargers had Drew Brees and that didn't stop them from taking Rivers/Eli.

Reaction score
The thing that worries me about Rosen is that Darnold, Mayfield, and Allen are/were also in bad situations and you can see them getting better. Of course, they were all drafted ahead of Rosen so maybe there's a reason for that.

I'd be 100% on board drafting Dwayne Haskins #1. The Chargers had Drew Brees and that didn't stop them from taking Rivers/Eli.

You've seen improvement in Darnold & Allen? Btw, the Jets have better WR's. Anderson, Kearse, Enunwa, & Roberts are the Jets Wr's. Bills don't but Allen hasn't been better than Rosen except for maybe running.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You've seen improvement in Darnold & Allen? Btw, the Jets have better WR's. Anderson, Kearse, Enunwa, & Roberts are the Jets Wr's. Bills don't but Allen hasn't been better than Rosen except for maybe running.
Not just me seeing improvement from Darnold, from ESPN:
In his past two games (Texans and Packers), Darnold has averaged 297 aerial yards with 2.5 touchdowns, logging a 5-to-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio. The rookie is discovering a new level of play.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Good lord no. Rosen has done fine considering he is basically out there with a college team around him outside of fitz and Barksdale.

We will have an eventful offseason and come back swinging in 2019