Antonio Hamilton says he’s 90 percent healed from burns

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mainly because Stafford was awful and missed wide open guys. Our D stinks & almost has never made a stop in a must stop situation the entire time that VJ has been here.

And the STATS from all of last season, for one prominent example, say that is all in your head.

If Stafford did this... if KM had done that, etc., etc.

It is what it is!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And the STATS from all of last season, for one prominent example, say that is all in your head.

If Stafford did this... if KM had done that, etc., etc.

It is what it is!
FYI, I heard it today on a Cardinal podcast that the 2022 Arizona Cardinal defense is the 1st team in NFL history to give up scoring drives on 3 consecutive drives in each of the first 3 games. So, yes, our defense does stink. The offense obviously has it’s issues also, but you’re not going to win many games when the defense allows the opposition to score on their first 3 possessions in every game.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In the last two games we gave up 23 and 20 points. And, I guess that in both games the opposition scored on their first three possessions. Does that mean that our defensive coaches made some good adjustments?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In the last two games we gave up 23 and 20 points. And, I guess that in both games the opposition scored on their first three possessions. Does that mean that our defensive coaches made some good adjustments?
All 3 games our defense allowed the opposition to score on their first 3 possessions. What it means is that we’re almost always playing from behind. Not a recipe for success in the NFL. Add that statistic to the fact that our offense hasn’t scored a 1st quarter point in those 3 games, and it’s a miracle we’re not 0-3. It hasn’t helped that we are dropping 6 passes every week.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Pa, but do you agree that we have made good defensive adjustments?
I think we've definitely made some adjustments (though I'm no defensive scheme guru). Though at the same time, we've weirdly had super long drives and possessed the ball alot in the 2nd half of the past couple of games limiting the opposition's potential to score. Which would be GREAT if we were actually able to come away with 7 points on those drives.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pa, but do you agree that we have made good defensive adjustments?
WFcard makes a valid point in that once our offense dominates the TOP, that keeps our garbage D off the field. As far as the D is concerned, we are ranked 30th against the pass & 31st in points allowed. VJ’s defense can‘t stop anyone early on & whenever the Cardinals‘s offense starts to show life, the D pretty much always allows the opposition a long drive & score. And that has been consistent with VJ’s D throughout his tenure here. When we narrowed the score to 13-9, our D then let the Rams effortlessly drive the length of the field & score. And then when it was 20-12, the Rams did the same, ate up most of the clock. Luckily for us they fumbled on the 1 or it would have been 27-12.

Conversely, the offense is 17th in running yards, 12th in passing yards, and 13th in points scored. Nothing great, but if we weren’t dropping pass after pass, those numbers would be much better. I saw a stat that we hadn’t had a 16 play drive in over 20 years & we had THREE 16 play drives against the Rams. But, they all obviously ended up in FG’s. Which is a kiss of death in the NFL. It’s nice to see the long drives, but this offense lacks explosiveness in a big way. It also doesn’t help that we lead the league in dropped passes. Teams with a strong front 7 know they can zone up on us, still pressure Murray & still keep Murray boxed in so he can’t run. Until we prove we can beat a zone defense, that is all we will see. And that’s all we’ve seen since way back when Detroit kicked our butts last year. Has KK made any adjustments? Brown is getting better every game, but having playmakers like Hop & Moore on the sideline isn’t helping. Maxx will never be Maxx again, so why the hell haven’t we seen the rookie? I heard an interview with Maxx last week & he GUSHED about the kid. Really? PLAY HIM!!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
WFcard makes a valid point in that once our offense dominates the TOP, that keeps our garbage D off the field. As far as the D is concerned, we are ranked 30th against the pass & 31st in points allowed. VJ’s defense can‘t stop anyone early on & whenever the Cardinals‘s offense starts to show life, the D pretty much always allows the opposition a long drive & score. And that has been consistent with VJ’s D throughout his tenure here. When we narrowed the score to 13-9, our D then let the Rams effortlessly drive the length of the field & score. And then when it was 20-12, the Rams did the same, ate up most of the clock. Luckily for us they fumbled on the 1 or it would have been 27-12.

Conversely, the offense is 17th in running yards, 12th in passing yards, and 13th in points scored. Nothing great, but if we weren’t dropping pass after pass, those numbers would be much better. I saw a stat that we hadn’t had a 16 play drive in over 20 years & we had THREE 16 play drives against the Rams. But, they all obviously ended up in FG’s. Which is a kiss of death in the NFL. It’s nice to see the long drives, but this offense lacks explosiveness in a big way. It also doesn’t help that we lead the league in dropped passes. Teams with a strong front 7 know they can zone up on us, still pressure Murray & still keep Murray boxed in so he can’t run. Until we prove we can beat a zone defense, that is all we will see. And that’s all we’ve seen since way back when Detroit kicked our butts last year. Has KK made any adjustments? Brown is getting better every game, but having playmakers like Hop & Moore on the sideline isn’t helping. Maxx will never be Maxx again, so why the hell haven’t we seen the rookie? I heard an interview with Maxx last week & he GUSHED about the kid. Really? PLAY HIM!!

I'm with you man. Hold the fort until D-Hop gets back and hope that we can figure some things out on Defense. Then maybe...

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mainly because Stafford was awful and missed wide open guys. Our D stinks & almost has never made a stop in a must stop situation the entire time that VJ has been here.
At least that explains why we gave up so many yards and TD's against KC. It wasn't because our pass defense was bad, it was because Mahomes was VG. That makes me feel a whole lot better.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have no idea how good he would be, but I thought you posted that the team did NOTHING to address the CB situation. All I was saying.
I said this offseason, technically Mullen wasn't acquired during offseason so he didn't have a training camp or preseason to compete with Hamilton and other CB's on roster.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
At least that explains why we gave up so many yards and TD's against KC. It wasn't because our pass defense was bad, it was because Mahomes was VG. That makes me feel a whole lot better.
It was because Mahomes was VG and also because our pass defense was bad. Both are true.

Also, Blowseph calling so many blitzes also hurt a lot in the passing game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not to confuse you with the facts, but we had a TRAGIC loss during the offseason.
Was that right before season or weeks (months?) before whilst many free agents were still available? (Rhetorical question)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, our pass 'D' gave up 249 yards and '0' TDs against the reigning Super Bowl champs.
This is true. It is also true that a TD pass literally went through kupps hands in the endzone without a defender having done anything. How often is that going to happen? Good thing luck plays a role in sports.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again, I'll say that my post was a REPLY to someone who said we did NOTHING in the offseason.
To be honest, signing a guy who was a first round bust and was out of the league his second year to START at CB is basically doing nothing. Even before his untimely death.

And then after his death, they continued to do NOTHING for three more months until the season started.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I agree with your post but the defense being lucky they fumbled is changing context to support a narrative because didn't the defense make them fumble

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To be honest, signing a guy who was a first round bust and was out of the league his second year to START at CB is basically doing nothing. Even before his untimely death.

And then after his death, they continued to do NOTHING for three more months until the season started.
Being honest doesn't make it correct.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose