Antonio Hamilton says he’s 90 percent healed from burns

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree with your post but the defense being lucky they fumbled is changing context to support a narrative because didn't the defense make them fumble
Yes they did. But, you’re forgetting that the Rams ran almost 7 minutes off the 4th quarter clock in the process. My point is that our D at best is a below average group. And going into the season, our only hope was that our offense would score 25-30 points per game to offset that awful D. Hasn’t happened……yet. We need to figure out how to steal a couple of road wins against Carolina & Seattle & be 3-3 when Hop returns.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's be honest, Gladney (RIP) was no more proven than Hamilton. He was signed to be starting CB but he was no guarantee to win the job.
Let’s be honest, if not for the character concerns, every team in the league would have taken Gladney over Hamilton every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yes they did. But, you’re forgetting that the Rams ran almost 7 minutes off the 4th quarter clock in the process. My point is that our D at best is a below average group. And going into the season, our only hope was that our offense would score 25-30 points per game to offset that awful D. Hasn’t happened……yet. We need to figure out how to steal a couple of road wins against Carolina & Seattle & be 3-3 when Hop returns.
I agree so there is no need to state I am forgetting anything using 'but' for what I said I agree upon. The point was the defense was not lucky for the fumble since they caused that fumble. I get and concur on the premise of your overall view of the defense

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let’s be honest, if not for the character concerns, every team in the league would have taken Gladney over Hamilton every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Teams overlook legal issues all the time for talented players all he time. Gladney didn't show enough talent in his only season in MIN to warrant keeping him on roster after his DV case. I don't recall hearing or reading him having any other offers other than ARZ after being found not guilty and character issues wouldn't have stopped teams like LV and KC who gave Deandre Baker and Damon Arnette second chances after their legal troubles. Hell, DAL signed Greg Hardy after his attempted murder of his girlfriend.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being honest doesn't make it correct.
You’re right. Being correct makes me correct. Or would you like tell me what isn’t correct about Gladney being a first round bust who was out of the league for an entire year before we signed him to be our starter.

I’ll wait.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams overlook legal issues all the time for talented players all he time. Gladney didn't show enough talent in his only season in MIN to warrant keeping him on roster after his DV case. I don't recall hearing or reading him having any other offers other than ARZ after being found not guilty and character issues wouldn't have stopped teams like LV and KC who gave Deandre Baker and Damon Arnette second chances after their legal troubles. Hell, DAL signed Greg Hardy after his attempted murder of his girlfriend.
Bingo.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You’re right. Being correct makes me correct. Or would you like tell me what isn’t correct about Gladney being a first round bust who was out of the league for an entire year before we signed him to be our starter.

I’ll wait.
All I will say is that his career was (or should have been) far from over. And I recognize that you think that you can speak ill of the dead since they are not around to defend themselves. You should feel pretty good about that. Congrats.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
All I will say is that his career was (or should have been) far from over. And I recognize that you think that you can speak ill of the dead since they are not around to defend themselves. You should feel pretty good about that. Congrats.
Wow, that's nasty. He was speaking about the player as an NFL player, man. No need to go here.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ugh. Because if he was still alive he'd roll into this forum to do so. He isnt speaking ill, hes stating a football opinion. Stop with the accusatory nature of your post to CB, it serves zero purpose other than to make you seem of higher moral character. Youre not.

My counter would be that, if I had to guess, NUMEROUS first round CB's over the years have trouble acclimating to the NFL, so to call him a bust is way over the top. But, having a rough first year, combined with the DV accusations made it an easily defended move by the Vikes to move on from him.

After being cleared of the charges, its an equally arguable position to say that The Cards giving him a shot, was also a good move, but one that we unfortunately will not be able to ever know the truth of.

Additionally, I tend to diverge from chees's viewpoint, because when your projected starting CB (regardless of how you feel about the Gladney move, theres no arguing the team made the attempt to address the situation) unexpectedly dies during the off season, it can oftentimes be near impossible to find an adequate replacement deep during that time. Teams arent looking to move on from players yet, as TC's havent even opened, and FA's arent getting a ton of looks because if they havent been picked up yet, theres a perceived belief of some sort of inadequacy to filll the role. SO to me, it makes sense that we waited until TC to fill Gladney's position.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Way over the top and totally unnecessary. Should have ended after your first sentence.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Once again, I'll say that my post was a REPLY to someone who said we did NOTHING in the offseason.
So you weren’t defending the front office ultimate actions regarding the cb position? Why else raise an action that had zero practical impact?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ugh. Because if he was still alive he'd roll into this forum to do so. He isnt speaking ill, hes stating a football opinion. Stop with the accusatory nature of your post to CB, it serves zero purpose other than to make you seem of higher moral character. Youre not.

My counter would be that, if I had to guess, NUMEROUS first round CB's over the years have trouble acclimating to the NFL, so to call him a bust is way over the top. But, having a rough first year, combined with the DV accusations made it an easily defended move by the Vikes to move on from him.

After being cleared of the charges, its an equally arguable position to say that The Cards giving him a shot, was also a good move, but one that we unfortunately will not be able to ever know the truth of.

Additionally, I tend to diverge from chees's viewpoint, because when your projected starting CB (regardless of how you feel about the Gladney move, theres no arguing the team made the attempt to address the situation) unexpectedly dies during the off season, it can oftentimes be near impossible to find an adequate replacement deep during that time. Teams arent looking to move on from players yet, as TC's havent even opened, and FA's arent getting a ton of looks because if they havent been picked up yet, theres a perceived belief of some sort of inadequacy to filll the role. SO to me, it makes sense that we waited until TC to fill Gladney's position.
Your last paragraph is revisionist history. His death occurred so early that there were a myriad of cbs still available.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Except we didn’t wait until TC. We waited until after training camp and there was a full three months before training camp we could have made a move.

It was a position of desperate need even with Gladney. Giving him a shot wasn’t the issue. But Penciling him in as starter was a massive risk considering how poor he played in his only time on the field, not to mention being rusty after not playing an entire season. That alone was planning to fail. And without him, I think the team should have moved fast to get some kind of replacement whether that was with what was still in FA or trying to make a trade. And if they couldn’t make a trade, that doesn’t take the burden off them. That’s still failing to address the glaring problem.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose