Another 20+ Point Lead Blown....

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
This is getting beyond pathetic. This team is redefining the term soft. Does anyone know the record for most 20+ point leads blown in a single season? We've gotta be coming close....

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is getting beyond pathetic. This team is redefining the term soft. Does anyone know the record for most 20+ point leads blown in a single season? We've gotta be coming close....

We all know this team is better this year and more prepared for the playoffs. After all soft teams go a long way in the playoffs. Besides Shaq was the problem last year and we are much improved. Here are things that improved because we got rid of that terrible pick and roll defender who prevented us from running and clogged the lane. :sarcasm:

Fast Break Points - Worse
Defending the 3 - Worse
Rebounding - Worse
Points in the Paint Offense - Worse
Paint Defense - Worse (2nd worst in the NBA)
Steals - Worse (3rd worst in the NBA)
Overall Defense - Worse (2nd worst in the NBA behind GS)

Oh well. At least the team is fun again. :bang:

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Reaction score
Okay, I did the research, and it's not as bad as I thought it was, but it's still pretty sad. in 3 out of the last 5 games we've squandered 20 point leads - we've gone on to win 2 of those.

7 times this year (and all coming within the last 17 games) we've blown leads of 15 or more, but have gone on to win 4 of those.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, I did the research, and it's not as bad as I thought it was, but it's still pretty sad. in 3 out of the last 5 games we've squandered 20 point leads - we've gone on to win 2 of those.

7 times this year (and all coming within the last 17 games) we've blown leads of 15 or more, but have gone on to win 4 of those.

I would say that squandering leads 41% of the time is as bad as you thought it was.

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Reaction score
I would say that squandering leads 41% of the time is as bad as you thought it was.

I meant in terms of Win-Loss, but yes, blowing 15+ point leads in 7 out of the last 17 games is inexcusable, regardless of the games outcome.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Gentry should have players that ONLY play in the second half.... IM so sick of this bullsh1t

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
We all know this team is better this year and more prepared for the playoffs. After all soft teams go a long way in the playoffs. Besides Shaq was the problem last year and we are much improved. Here are things that improved because we got rid of that terrible pick and roll defender who prevented us from running and clogged the lane. :sarcasm:

Fast Break Points - Worse
Defending the 3 - Worse
Rebounding - Worse
Points in the Paint Offense - Worse
Paint Defense - Worse (2nd worst in the NBA)
Steals - Worse (3rd worst in the NBA)
Overall Defense - Worse (2nd worst in the NBA behind GS)

Oh well. At least the team is fun again. :bang:

My problem is with this is that even with Shaq we still weren't a contender, were awful to have to watch, and also had to pay shaq 20 million which is the epitomy of a terrible contract. So having him leave for nothing or stay for 20 million is pretty much the ultimate lose-lose situation that Sarver and Kerr got us into.

So who cares about how we were with shaq or without. Whoop dee doo.

The Polecat

Reaction score
Could the loss of big leads late in games have anything to do with the age of the team?
They simply can't sustain the energy level for the whole game

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Did someone at least acknowledge that holding a 20+ point lead, especially when built in the first half, is very hard to do against an NBA team?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My problem is with this is that even with Shaq we still weren't a contender, were awful to have to watch, and also had to pay shaq 20 million which is the epitomy of a terrible contract. So having him leave for nothing or stay for 20 million is pretty much the ultimate lose-lose situation that Sarver and Kerr got us into.

So who cares about how we were with shaq or without. Whoop dee doo.

I think your missing the point. The "Whoop dee doo" is this.....people kept saying that Shaq was the reason why this team regressed last season. People made ridiculous claims like his pick and roll defense was the bane of this franchise. This team was better with Shaq IMO (and a healthy Amare) and better equipped for the playoffs (contender or not).

That was the point. Not that we traded Shaq. I had no problem with the trade to bring him here or trading him away. It was worth the gamble IMO. However, if your saying well neither team is a contender and it doesn't matter, then that goes back to what I have been screaming for the past 2 seasons. Blow this freaking team up.

If this team can't contend, start over with a good foundation. If none of it matters then who cares how "fun" this team is to watch again.

castigador

Reaction score
The real reasons the Suns missed the playoffs last year were 1. Porter and 2, Amare's injury.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard