American Idol VI

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I fully expect David Stern to make an appearance any minute and tell us how Jordin forgot the rules and would be suspended for the season finale.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is anyone doubting Jordin's going to be the winner now?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That original song was terrible. It was a horrible fit for Blake. However Jordin actually made it sound good.

Simon's respose to Jordan,

"you wiped the floor with Blake with that performace"

Classic!

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
It would really be a shame for Jordin to lose now. Especially after last night. She started off weak, but got crazy good at the end. She definately made that horrible song sound good. Blake couldn't even handle the song (sucks because it wasn't his style, they need to get rid of that writing contest thing).

Either way, Jordin connected with the audience. She made the song real and as Simon said, "wiped the floor with Blake".

Her first song was bad though. If anyone turned it off after the first two songs, they'd feel Blake won.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
I don't know if I have voted for anyone on this show for the last few seasons. I know my wife and my son have but I just watch and never vote.

Jordin's performance made me vote! I probably voted 30 times for Jordin. She absolutely showed why she is the winner in this "singing" competition. She was pretty consistent throughout, she is young and cute combined with a great personality so she is very marketable, and she has an awesome voice. Lets hope the rest of America feels the same.

One funny thing my wife and I saw and kept rewinding was on the last song, I think it was the last song, when Jordin was singing they flashed a shot of No Neck Doolittle in the audience. She had this dumbfounded look on her face. I couldn't tell if it was a look of 1) oh my gosh this chick can really sang or 2) resentment -thinking she should have been up there. Nonetheless it was a great shot.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad song... I wonder what the guys that wrote it thought, since they were in the audience and all...

I considered entering that contest for a moment because, gosh, I think I could live off residuals for the rest of my life if an Idol winner sang my song as THE song. Then I saw the guidelines, which I paraphrase below:

- Needs to emphasize vocal range. I understand that, but it's very difficult to set out writing any song with that kind of parameter. Most songs like that, the performer is the one who decides to rearrange it to feature their range. Nobody sells a song to Christina Aguilera or Whitney Houston or whomever with 5 octaves in the notation. They embellish that (very liberally).

- Needs to emphasize that special moment of winning, as if the winner were singing their story. It's just a corny, TV kind of imposition. The song has to work as a literal story as the winner, and a figurative story that works for general radio play. Basically, they want people to hear the song and think of American Idol when they hear the song so there's always some emotional attachment. Argh. I hated that.

Well, that and they probably wouldn't have wanted a two-minute drum solo from Teddy Campbell. ;)

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Congrats to Arizona's very own Jordin Sparks for winning American Idol!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Man that was fun to watch! Jordin is the perfect follow-up to Carrie Underwood! I think Blake will be quite successful himself, but Jordin is in for a very long, very successful career! At 17, she still has so much to learn... She's going to be amazing!!!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats to Arizona's very own Jordin Sparks for winning American Idol!

We were at the D-backs game, just after 7PM, and some family (from back East) called to tell us she won. Pretty cool, especially because of the local connection and since some friends of my uncle helped raise Philippi Sparks.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I aint gonna lie.. I cried.. I know Jordin's family..

This one's for Glendale!

This, in some weird way, evened out the Suns loss for me..

Go AZ!

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phillippi cried. You know he's going to hear about that at the next Sun Angel Exec Committee meeting. It's going to be even worse at the NFL Alumni meetings. ;)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phillippi cried. You know he's going to hear about that at the next Sun Angel Exec Committee meeting. It's going to be even worse at the NFL Alumni meetings. ;)

I don't know. It's his little girl. I would have cried if my daughter just won a $1 million recording contract. Then I would blow her college fund on a new boat!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
wasn't that surprised big whoop run on a crap show for 2 freaking hours (I DVR'd it) and then did not record then actual winning. Just stupid for them to run the show so long that the actual winner was announced late so if you were not watching oh well your screwed. Anyways good for her hopefully someone will buy her albums, remains to be seen. Blake will see immediate success as he is the better performer and that is all that kids like nowadays anyway.