That sounds very bad.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azcentral changed the article... They had much more doom and gloom story up about 5 minutes ago.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
hard to speculate but at least what I am hearing is it was not like the livingston devistating deal with googs. Sounds like something that has been bothering Amare for at least a few weeks.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Oh &$^@. I hope they aren't serious about the "months" part.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
<-------kinda sorta freaking out

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I refuse to believe this is happening. First the Cardinals and now this? I'm hoping this is minor but you have to be worried when you hear the word knee. Please Amare let this be a tweak.......

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
funny how its been bothering him all summer, but now is when it comes out...the week AFTER he signs a $70M+ extension.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Say Amare is out a while, what do you guys expect the starting lineup to look like? Will we go small like last year? Nash, Raja, JimJax, Marion, and Thomas, or what?

Marion may finally get to be "The Man", if Amare's out for a significant amount of time.

Last edited:

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
playstation said:
funny how its been bothering him all summer, but now is when it comes out...the week AFTER he signs a $70M+ extension.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I mean if it has been bothering him all summer, then it leads me to believe it just needs to be scoped if anything. Nonetheless this news is still quite disconcerting.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Now, I'm not jumping on the guy, but something must have happened... I mean it certainly wasn't bothering him when he was breaking basketball goals during those motion capture sessions.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think we should reserve judgement. It's always easy to see a guy sit out because of a knee injury to say, "He might need surgery". That isn't always the case though.

This is worrysome, that much is certain, but I'd like to wait until we get a more definitive report instead of 3 paragraphs in the local rag.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
We wouldve resigned him either way so that has nothing to do with it.
He and Lebron are by far and away the best young players in the game

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
well he's human crap happens to your body when you play sports, I guess it's just sucky part of the game. But I have a feeling this is not as serious as some may fear. Really worst case he misses 8-12 weeks with some orthoscopic repairs, nothing to be happy about but not the end of the world.

Many of the board posters here have convinced me this team is built for the playoffs and that is what counts...this is still a playoff team without Amare for the first month of the season.

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
From the videos I'd say Tischer could make up for Amare for maybe 3 emphatic dunks a game but not the rest of Amare's points. Grant looks to move slower than I expected (or had hoped) and Burke looks much quicker than I thought he'd be. Thomas will be a stud and maybe a 20/10 player in Amare's absence.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, I guess it could be worse. It could be a livingston/googs situation where he's out for the year, and is changed as a player forever. This seems like the anquan boldin injury last year, an 8-10 week thing.
Probably takes away any MVP chance, maybe an All-Star selection, and maybe gives the Suns a lower seed, but hopefully he'll be back to 100% half way through the season.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
panfolk said:
From the videos I'd say Tischer could make up for Amare for maybe 3 emphatic dunks a game but not the rest of Amare's points. Grant looks to move slower than I expected (or had hoped) and Burke looks much quicker than I thought he'd be. Thomas will be a stud and maybe a 20/10 player in Amare's absence.

ehhh the reality is no one is going to make up for Amare. The guys you mentioned, well Thomas at least is a very good player for his role but he ain't 20/10 I can tell you that much...Burke is not even worth mentioning in the same universe as Amare. Even the those high on spiked purple coolaid would agree with that.

The best we can hope for is that they go in clean the cartilage damage out and Amare is back by the start of the season. I personaly dont give a damn about the preseason or the first 3-4 weeks of the season for that matter.

The real reason I am bummed is because I was so looking forward to STAT showing his true dominance this season. I guess I have to wait. :(

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
See, I told you this would happen! Sarver is such an idiot. $70 million, and he's injured even before he signs the deal. Sarver never even bothered to have him take a physical before he signed the contract.

Hope you're happy now Sarver. You ruined our team. You could have maxed JJ, kept Amare on a rookie deal, and low-balled him because of the injured knee. But NOOOOOOOO, you had to go and lock him up with no guarantees about the future.

We could have started the year with Nash, JJ (max), Shawn, hobbling Amare, Q, resigned hunter, and then used Little Jake as our secret weapon.

Now look what we got.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort