All in for Dwight Howard

Waysouth

Veteran
Reaction score
Rumors are still out there that Howard does not want to return to Orlando even after they fired Van Gundy and the GM.

Suns could trade for Howard, resign Nash and still have enough money to sign a top FA.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Rumors are still out there that Howard does not want to return to Orlando even after they fired Van Gundy and the GM.

Suns could trade for Howard, resign Nash and still have enough money to sign a top FA.

Excellent plan! So, we offer what again for Howard? *****, Sea Bass, and 18 first rounders? Maybe sweeten the deal with Hak and Chilz?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the Suns could offer something like Gortat, Morris, two first round draft picks plus filler to start negotiations.

I have thought of trading for Howard but never gave it much thought because it would be too costly.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The problem is that the Suns don't have any assets to offer for Howard. Whatever they come up with, several teams can offer more.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
He'll go to the Lakers for Bynum, Jordan Hill, and two first-rounders.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
i would lose all respect for him at that point.

Only fans put creedence in stuff like that. You might not like it, but i dont get the losing respect piece. Mans gotta do whats best for him and his career/family. Hes done more then enough here to warrent leeway with the fan base IMO and I wouldnt begrudge him a bit, no matter where he went.

Personally if he leaves Phx I hope he goes to the Heat. Talk about the best fast break team of all time.....

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Could he fire sarver?

We just need to have him say, "I really want to go play for the Phoenix Suns, but they would have to get rid of Sarver first and bring back Colangelo or the likes" (Even if he has 0 desire to play here and gets it done I would hold nothing against him)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
How does a player get rid of an owner exactly? smh.
A superstar, to some degree, can put the word out via the Press that the owner isn't giving him a reasonable supporting cast. Which could result in an owner, over time, figuring it isn't worth the investment to be ridiculed or see empty seats reducing his revenue.

Ceertainly, owning a visible entity, such as a sports franchise or a shop, isn't the same as owning a car.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Howard wanted to go to the Lakers he could have been there around the trade deadline. That was the threat they used to get him to sign for next season. Everybody says he wants to go to Brooklyn.

Joe

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
If Howard wanted to go to the Lakers he could have been there around the trade deadline. That was the threat they used to get him to sign for next season. Everybody says he wants to go to Brooklyn.

Joe

Hell reassess once Orlando realizes Brooklyn has nothing to give back and Deron is leaving anyway.

Lakers just make the most sense. Bynum is best they could hope to get.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
i would lose all respect for him at that point.

It would be like Fitz on the Niners...... or worse...... the Cowboys.

No way he does that IMO though. I see four options for Nash.

1. Re sign with us. - 60% IMO
2. Go to the Knicks. - 20%
3. Go to the Nets if they fail to re sign DWill. 10%
4. Toronto. - 10%

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be like Fitz on the Niners...... or worse...... the Cowboys.

No way he does that IMO though. I see four options for Nash.

1. Re sign with us. - 60% IMO
2. Go to the Knicks. - 20%
3. Go to the Nets if they fail to re sign DWill. 10%
4. Toronto. - 10%

The Knicks just fired D'Antoni for running the same offense that Nash would bring. If Mike were still there Id consider it likely but now I dont think the Knicks are in the discussion.

My money:

Resigns with us 50%
Miami 30%
Dallas 15%
And my dark-horse... Indy. I dunno why I throw them in, but it seems like a team that might perk his interest.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing Dwight Howard has proven is he is going to play where he wants. Why the hell would he come here?

To play with a 40 year old Nash? Even if you managed to sign another impact player, he is going to want to play with the guys on our bench after bitching about his bench for years?!?!?!

No chance.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Eric, you posted a Nash/Lakers scenario on your board back in May. I posted there the other day, but it seems the apathy that seeped in last season dried up all of the traffic.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Eric, you posted a Nash/Lakers scenario on your board back in May. I posted there the other day, but it seems the apathy that seeped in last season dried up all of the traffic.

I agree; it has always been a small group there anyway. We'll see if activity picks up again next season, and if not, I'll probably shut it down. I think a lot of us are finding it difficult to be enthusiastic about anything Suns-related these days.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
Would suns fans trade Gortat,Frye,Warrick(Expiring), 2 Laker picks to prevent Howard going to the lakers and signing there.

We can then Flip Dwight to New jersey for picks. Maybe get a 3rd team involved. Then we have enough for 2 Max contracts next year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson