Al Davis Asks Kiffin to Resign -- He WANTS DENNY!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
There is something on this on NFL.com but does not mention Denny Green.

This can't be real, it has to be a rumor. Why on earth would anyone sign Denny Green to a contract.

ridiculous

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
If Green gets hired by Oakland how much does he offer for Fitz? The CB from Cal (Asomugha) or Huff and this years first rounder? Imagine a shut down CB and McFadden. Or maybe DE Burgess and the #1? He could play a 3-4, we could cut Berry. 27 sacks in the last 2 years (Burgess) v/s what, 6 games played (Berry)?

Either way we'd free up cap room (go after Faneca), strengthen our defense, and move up in the draft to pick our #1 RB (insert a name here). Edge becomes expendable (next season) so we can sign Dansby long term. I'd do it in a heart beat. Oh... and we'd still have our #16 pick......

Maybe I'm a dreamer.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
It looks like this whole Dennis Green story came straight out of someone's arse. Obviously there is some chaos and discord with the Raiders, as is the case every stinking year, but the Green angle, as far as I can see, was just thrown into the story by some writer that picked the first ex-coaches name that would create some traction. I don't believe it at all. Its absurd to suggest they are considering Green. They might as well report that Al Davis is on the verge of rehiring John Madden. No less accurate. As long as you don't limit yourself to reporting things that have any basis in truth whatsoever, you can pretty much write anything you want.

Last edited:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 coaches in 2 years? Al Davis has some serious problems.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If Green gets hired by Oakland how much does he offer for Fitz? The CB from Cal (Asomugha) or Huff and this years first rounder? Imagine a shut down CB and McFadden. Or maybe DE Burgess and the #1? He could play a 3-4, we could cut Berry. 27 sacks in the last 2 years (Burgess) v/s what, 6 games played (Berry)?

Either way we'd free up cap room (go after Faneca), strengthen our defense, and move up in the draft to pick our #1 RB (insert a name here). Edge becomes expendable (next season) so we can sign Dansby long term. I'd do it in a heart beat. Oh... and we'd still have our #16 pick......

Maybe I'm a dreamer.

Fitz is worth more than all that. MAYBE, just maybe I would go for.

2008 1st rounder, 2009 1st rounder, Burgess, .....eh forget it. There is nothing the Raiders have that would equate to one of, if not THE most dominate WR in football.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unfortunately I used to think that anyone that took the Cardinal job was a desperado....of course that has changed..but anyone taking the Raider job is REALLY desperate. I still don't believe Kiffin took it..if he thought that was a shortcut to the NFL he demonstrated very poor judgment.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately I used to think that anyone that took the Cardinal job was a desperado....of course that has changed..but anyone taking the Raider job is REALLY desperate. I still don't believe Kiffin took it..if he thought that was a shortcut to the NFL he demonstrated very poor judgment.

Probably Kiffin saw the difference in dollars between his position at USC and an NFL head coach and figured when Davis unjustly fires him he will be able to get a job in college that was about as good as the one he had before, with much more money in his bank account.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison