Air Raid Mock Draft

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
First, air raid is air Coryell squared.

1. QB Murray, sorry Bosa lovers this is an air raid mock draft.

Secondly, we're only going to trade Josh before June 1 if we get a good first rounder. Rosen cost us 4 mil in cap before June 1. We actually gain 1 mil in cap if we trade after the 1st.

1b. If we're lucky to receive #13 or #17, WR D.K. Metcalf, if already taken then WR Hakeem Butler.

33. The best offensive lineman.

65. TE Josh Oliver, if taken then S Jonathan Abram, if taken then OLB Terill Hanks.

103. WR Miles Boykin if taken and depending on third round DE Anthony Nelson, DE Corbin Kaufusi, or TE Caleb Wilson.

139. CB Sean Bunting if taken then OLB Drue Tranquill.

174. TE/SWR Donald Parham. He's 6'8", 7 ft wingspan, 10 inch hands. 2018 in 9 games 85 rec, 1319 yds, 13 tds. What's not to like for a 6th round pick.

179. WR Jazz Ferguson if taken then DE Matt Nelson.

The next three 7th round picks will probably be udfa that they don't want to miss out on.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Hot take: if this is the Air Raid offense in its truest form (as people have loosely asserted), Murray is not the prototypical QB.

Luke Falk, Gardner Minshew, Graham Harrel, and others, were successful in the Air Raid offense. See any similarities in skill set to Murray?

OP
OP
C

Camshaft

Registered
Reaction score
From Guernseycard You're way off on the Rosen 'dead money' hit if he's traded in 2019
Rebuttal: Not according to OTC. Maybe I should say the overall effect when you add the dead money to the cap total is a4 mil lost in cap.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I sure as hell hope not.Looks like 3-13 again.You have done nothing to improve the defensive front 7.So you think that trying to win shootouts every week is a formula for success?:barf:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
#1: Kyler
#17: Hollywood Brown <-- Best bet for Rosen IMO
#33: Paris Campbell

That's an air raid draft. hahaha

Or:

#33: Paris
#37: N'Keal Harry

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Hell to the no at Hollywood at #17.
I wouldn't take him either. Just spitballing an air raid draft.

My thoughts are this:

1: Murray
33: Dexter Lawrence or Cody Ford
37: Harry

I would be very happy with that.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Hot take: if this is the Air Raid offense in its truest form (as people have loosely asserted), Murray is not the prototypical QB.

Luke Falk, Gardner Minshew, Graham Harrel, and others, were successful in the Air Raid offense. See any similarities in skill set to Murray?

I think Minshew could be a sneaky good pick for us late if he stays around on the board. He would be a good backup in KK’s system and future coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think Minshew could be a sneaky good pick for us late if he stays around on the board. He would be a good backup in KK’s system and future coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. He’ll be there in the 6th-7th round

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not suggesting anything....Just saying, no one is going to give us a first round pick (except maybe the Patriots) based on what he has shown so far.

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
1b. If we're lucky to receive #13 or #17, WR D.K. Metcalf, if already taken then WR Hakeem Butler.

Hakeem Butler is projected to be a mid-late rounder and isn't a natural pass catcher. A good mid-late WR is Jazz Ferguson

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Hakeem Butler is projected to be a mid-late rounder and isn't a natural pass catcher. A good mid-late WR is Jazz Ferguson
Iowa State had their pro day Tuesday and I heard that a Cardinal scout took Butler off to the side and they walked around the facility and visited for an extended time. And Butler is not projected to be a mid-late rounder.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Iowa State had their pro day Tuesday and I heard that a Cardinal scout took Butler off to the side and they walked around the facility and visited for an extended time. And Butler is not projected to be a mid-late rounder.

Yeah. I generally see him as a fringe 1st rounder in projections. Definitely a candidate for Arizona's 2nd round pick.

AMES, Ia. — It really didn’t make a bunch of sense, Hakeem Butler spending most of Tuesday during Iowa State’s Pro Day working individually with an Arizona Cardinals scout.

Or did it?

New Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has said he loves Oklahoma quarterback Kyle Murray, so it’s fairly obvious who he hopes to take next month with the first pick of the NFL Draft. But why was an Arizona scout so devoted to Butler?

Maybe they’re hoping one of the greatest receivers in Iowa State history slips to the second round — which ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper Jr. speculated on Tuesday could happen.

Kyler passing deep to Butler? Sounds good to me.

"The jury is still out on the first round, (but) I don't have him in the first round,” Kiper said on a teleconference Tuesday when asked about Butler. “With his size and his speed — he ran a 4.4 (40-yard dash) — he has great athletic ability."

Kiper cited Butler being "a little inconsistent with his hands" as a reason why the prospect could slip into the draft's second round. "That's where I see him going right now," Kiper added.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...confident-hes-best-receiver-draft/3275445002/

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ceiver-hakeem-butler-second-round/3276382002/

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score

I think Leach's offense is the true Air Raid. Everyone else adds their own spin to it. Kliff is fairly different in player evaluation and playcalling than Leach. But I would also say Kliff is more willing to change and adapt his playcalling. Leach's playbook is very rigid. Bottom line is Kliff can have success with any type of QB.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#17: Hollywood Brown <-- Best bet for Rosen IMO
#33: Paris Campbell

That's an air raid draft. hahaha

Or:

#33: Paris
#37: N'Keal Harry
Have to say if we draft Murray we’d better do something like this. At 17 Fant or Hockenson would be my choice. We will need to surround this kid with a plethora of weapons.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Not sure what projections you are looking at, but I would be much more shocked to see him get to the third than go in the first

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
They going to play all the snaps? Suggs isn`t a spring chicken,Nkemdiche flat out stinks when he is available,Peters is okay,still need more defense .

Come come, the Niche does not flat out stink, but he just does not stay on the field, which is even worst for a young guy. People talk about having Suggs as a possible mentor for a Bosa/Williams scenario but if anyone can reach Billy Bob the sax playing Niche, it's T-Sizzle because Niche will not survive on this defense playing soft with him and the likes of Swearinger