After reading this Rolle can kiss my....

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see how he's dissing AZ. He didn't say (not that I've seen quoted, anyway) that we were a bad team, bad coaches, nothing of the sort. If he didn't feel at home here, he didn't feel at home here. I have no problem with him saying that. He could EASILY have said a lot worse.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He talked about the fans being great, the org being great, the coaches being great and loving his brothers (teammates). He mentioned that AZ never felt like home to him. NY he felt good about, a new beginning, and that the Cards offered the same amount of money overall, but $5 million less guaranteed. He said that money did help make the decision easier, but said it was still tough and even though he was setting a record payday for his position, he felt emotional about all he was leaving behind.

No dissing of the Cards, at all. Very complimentary, and said he wishes the organization the best except when they play the Giants. It was pretty classy.

I'll miss Rolle, I liked him. However, I think we upgraded the position cleanly, and for less money to boot. NY overpaid, and I'm glad we didn't.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I think he was just pissed that he got cut. Remember, this coming year is uncapped, so there wasn't the excuse they couldn't fit him under the cap. They just didn't want to pay him $12mm.

I'm sure he'll do well in NY he's got the talent.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He talked about the fans being great, the org being great, the coaches being great and loving his brothers (teammates). He mentioned that AZ never felt like home to him. NY he felt good about, a new beginning, and that the Cards offered the same amount of money overall, but $5 million less guaranteed. He said that money did help make the decision easier, but said it was still tough and even though he was setting a record payday for his position, he felt emotional about all he was leaving behind.

No dissing of the Cards, at all. Very complimentary, and said he wishes the organization the best except when they play the Giants. It was pretty classy.

I'll miss Rolle, I liked him. However, I think we upgraded the position cleanly, and for less money to boot. NY overpaid, and I'm glad we didn't.

Heard the same thing... He even said he "broke down" and got "emotional" when he was talking to his "brothers" in Arizona... He was very classy. Very respectful. Said Whiz and Davis were like 2nd fathers to him... Said they always told him what he "needed to hear", not what he "wanted to hear".

I also agree that we upgraded the position... for a ton less $$.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He just got tired of Adrian cussing his ass out. He wanted to be big man in the secondary.

I'll never forgive him for the hundreds of extra yards he allowed with his pansy shoulder tackle attempts.

Eff him and I hope he enjoys what will be effectively less money considering the difference in tax structures and cost of living between AZ and NY. What a jackass.

Eff you, Rolle. I hope you get torched and are out of the league by the end of your contract.

$35 million? I still can't beleive that. What are the Giants doing, paying him a $1 per pass interference call?

its literally impossible for Rolle to have a pick six without incurring a fifteen yard unsportsmanlike.

Take these and the title of the thread and you can see where I might get the impression people are "hating" on him.

I love how you included my quote as a basis for your reasoning. I'm not hating on him at all. In fact if you cared to continue reading you would have noticed that I didn't take offense to his comments at all. I actually have no problem with him leaving if he didnt feel at home. I stated this in another thread..sometimes it comes down to the fact that these guys just don't like living in Arizona away from people they are comfortable around. Such is life.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I also agree that we upgraded the position... for a ton less $$.
I'll agree on the ton less money part, but outside of Cardinal fans, i haven't heard one person say that we upgraded the position. The best, and most likely, situation is we cut our losses.

I also think that was alot of money for Rolle, but remember, the Cards offer was right there. So it's not like they didn't think he had alot of value. We'll see what the Cards do with money saved. Hopefully they use it to upgrade the team and not toward the cost of doing business like putting it toward building a new indoor facility.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
We didn't upgrade the position? That is negativity at its finest. Kerry Rhodes is an all pro caliber player who can actually cover receivers and tackle when motivated. A change of scenery is a step towards Rhodes becoming motivated again. At worse, he will be Rolle V2.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
We didn't upgrade the position? That is negativity at its finest. Kerry Rhodes is an all pro caliber player who can actually cover receivers and tackle when motivated. A change of scenery is a step towards Rhodes becoming motivated again. At worse, he will be Rolle V2.
that's not negativity, it's realism. I hope he's = to Rolle v1. All the reports i've read are he's not as good in coverage and not a tackler at all. I hope like you say, he gets motivated and turns it around.

I would like to know if all these people who are acting like Rhodes is the second coming of Ronnie Lott, have actually seen him play over a number games and not just a highlight here and there. I think he's more like a Kwame Lassiter-type. A guy who will have a good year every now and then but is, for the most part, an average safety. There's nothing wrong with that. I just wouldn't make him out to be anything great. I hope he turns out to be great but we'll see.

Rolle also isn't a great player either, yet. But he could very well be on his way.Maybe, maybe not. He's been starting for 2 years,played in a pro-bowl and a SB, and should only get better.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
that's not negativity, it's realism. I hope he's = to Rolle v1. All the reports i've read are he's not as good in coverage and not a tackler at all. I hope like you say, he gets motivated and turns it around.

I would like to know if all these people who are acting like Rhodes is the second coming of Ronnie Lott, have actually seen him play over a number games and not just a highlight here and there. I think he's more like a Kwame Lassiter-type. A guy who will have a good year every now and then but is, for the most part, an average safety. There's nothing wrong with that. I just wouldn't make him out to be anything great. I hope he turns out to be great but we'll see.

Rolle also isn't a great player either, yet. But he could very well be on his way.Maybe, maybe not. He's been starting for 2 years,played in a pro-bowl and a SB, and should only get better.

Umm no, you are just going off how Rhodes played before he was benched because of his work ethic. A Jets fan even came into this forum and even said himself that Rhodes had the ability to cover TEs down the field and doesn't give up big plays. *cough Rolle cough*

Rhodes is an former ALL PRO safety who is top 5 when motivated. Rolle is nothing more than a pro bowl alternate who only made it because he's a highlight reel player and can't cover or tackle.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Both Rolle and Rhodes came into the league in 2005. Since then:

Player A is 6ft, 3in and weighs 215 pounds
Player B is 6 ft even and weighs 195 pounds

Player A

79 Games
9 Sacks
15 INT's
327 Tackles

Player B

68 Games
1.5 Sacks
12 INT's
305 Tackles

Since 2008 (when Rolle became a FS)

Player A

114 Tackles
5 INT's

Player B

148 Tackles
5 INT's

I dunno... it's a pretty even set of number all things considered... however, it seems clear to me that Rhodes possess more ability and more capability to be a consistent factor than does Rolle. He's Bigger, Stronger and Faster.
We'll soon see who got the better end of this one. My bet is on the Cards...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
82, you missed a very important number.

Passes defensed.

Player A
2008-2009: 18
Career: 47

Player B
2008-2009: 13
Career: 36

Player A also has double the forced fumbles of player B: 6 to 3.

Player A has better numbers (I don't hink there is a valid argument against that in both career and last two seasons), same age, and plays the pass better. And he's many $$$ less.

Upgrade in talent at a cheaper cost. No doubt in my mind.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
82, you missed a very important number.

Passes defensed.

Player A
2008-2009: 18
Career: 47

Player B
2008-2009: 13
Career: 36

Player A also has double the forced fumbles of player B: 6 to 3.

Player A has better numbers (I don't hink there is a valid argument against that in both career and last two seasons), same age, and plays the pass better. And he's many $$$ less.

Upgrade in talent at a cheaper cost. No doubt in my mind.

Nice catch Donald...

I like Rolle. He's a good kid from a very good family. However, he is going to get blown out of NY and it is going to be ugly... He truly has no idea what the fans and the media are about to unleash on him. I feel sorry for him actually. I really do. He got paid and for that, congrats Antrel... I hope somehow, someway you can use that money to find a way to permanently live in a soundproof bubble... It's gonna be ugly...

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Nice catch Donald...

I like Rolle. He's a good kid from a very good family. However, he is going to get blown out of NY and it is going to be ugly... He truly has no idea what the fans and the media are about to unleash on him. I feel sorry for him actually. I really do. He got paid and for that, congrats Antrel... I hope somehow, someway you can use that money to find a way to permanently live in a soundproof bubble... It's gonna be ugly...

wow, you know what the future holds for players. Give me your number so i can call you before my fantasy draft next year. I'm sure you must win every year.

You probably shouldn't waste your time feeling sorry him. I think he'll be just fine.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow, you know what the future holds for players. Give me your number so i can call you before my fantasy draft next year. I'm sure you must win every year.

You probably shouldn't waste your time feeling sorry him. I think he'll be just fine.

Well the guy is in New York now. It could easily happen as soon as he gets burnt a few times.

Cbus, are you sure you don't have seasonal affective disorder?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson