Adam Gase?

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who's the best QB in that foursome? It's JG, head and shoulders. I could see an argument on the other three but it's no question on that.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Who's the best QB in that foursome? It's JG, head and shoulders. I could see an argument on the other three but it's no question on that.

Based on how many starts in his career? How many times has he been hurt again? If he ever puts up 66% 4000+ yards and 27 TDs like Tannehill or 66% 3800+ and 27 like Cutler then maybe I will consider it but until then he is just potential. FWIW I think Cutler is a dbag but to say at this point Garoppolo is head and shoulders better is wild speculation.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
JG career numbers: 65% completion percentage, over 2:1 TD/INT ratio. Only 10 games, sure, but his teams are also 8-2.

Cutler, similar period at beginning of his career, 62% completion percentage, 1.5:1 TD/INT.

Tannehill has put up solid numbers on losing teams, but his career numbers are similar to Cutler - 62%ish completion, 1.64:1 TD/INT.

Cutler and Tannehill put up gaudy stats on on bad teams, it's not all that different from Kirk Cousins.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
On one hand...I haven't seen anything from the Dolphins offense that makes me say I want that in AZ. The other hand, I'm not a huge believer in Ryan Tannehill.

Ugh. There is so much that leads me to think that Gase is just a OC.

I'm gonna hope we sign someone else.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
JG career numbers: 65% completion percentage, over 2:1 TD/INT ratio. Only 10 games, sure, but his teams are also 8-2.

Cutler, similar period at beginning of his career, 62% completion percentage, 1.5:1 TD/INT.

Tannehill has put up solid numbers on losing teams, but his career numbers are similar to Cutler - 62%ish completion, 1.64:1 TD/INT.

Cutler and Tannehill put up gaudy stats on on bad teams, it's not all that different from Kirk Cousins.

The bottom line JG hasn’t proven squat in the NFL aside from not being durable. He may very well prove to be a better QB over time but right now that is just speculation.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
On one hand...I haven't seen anything from the Dolphins offense that makes me say I want that in AZ. The other hand, I'm not a huge believer in Ryan Tannehill.

Ugh. There is so much that leads me to think that Gase is just a OC.

I'm gonna hope we sign someone else.

i agree with this

also makes me wonder why four teams jumped at talking to him

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've watched enough AFC East football to not want Gase as HC. He is hated by players & media plus not sure about his winning numbers in a div you get to play Bill's & Jets. DJ & PP probably get traded away next season the way he operates smh

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could live with Gase . He was a hot commodity when he was hired. The big question is who would be his qb coach , his OC and his DC.
he could bring his guys.

DC
Not sure, he has quite a bit of experience and success as an OC, mixed results in Miami but he is still fairly young. I’d like to know who he’d have as his key assistants though.
Matt Burke was his defensive coordinator in Miami.
Dowell Logains was his O C

BTW, another contender for Gase is Browns. Problem is Jarvis Landry and Adam Gase have a huge conflict with each other.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Supposedly Gase loved Rosen as MIA was dead set on taking him last year had ARZ not jumped ahead of them.

I remember hearing the Cards traded up for Rosen to jump Miami but saw an old tweet from their beat writer. Could’ve been spin.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus, 2019, and they still keep this rule
It's bar none the dumbest rule, well, ever. For example, when the Eagles fired Chip Kelly, they satisfied the Rooney Rule 15 minutes later when they interviewed Duce Staley their then running backs coach. No intention of hiring him. And doesn't this rule demean blacks? I mean, if this doesn't make them all look like tokens nothing does.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cutler and Tannehill mostly. Those numbers appear to be Whisenhunt like, successful with a great QB not so great with anyone else.
Wasn't this the same Cutler who was in the broadcast booth before he was signed by Miami?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be wait and see no matter who we hire. Not really sure why he's a hot commodity.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The idea of Gase is intriguing...offensive guru and QB mentor. Just what we need.

However, his offenses without Peyton Manning are ranked at the bottom of the NFL (total points). Sounds like Whisenhunt and McCoy.

In spite of having offenses and defenses ranked at the bottom, he was still able to grind out a nearly .500 record and a playoff appearance.

This one is very hard to figure out. The numbers say this guy isn't "the one".

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The idea of Gase is intriguing...offensive guru and QB mentor. Just what we need.

However, his offenses without Peyton Manning are ranked at the bottom of the NFL (total points). Sounds like Whisenhunt and McCoy.

In spite of having offenses and defenses ranked at the bottom, he was still able to grind out a nearly .500 record and a playoff appearance.

This one is very hard to figure out. The numbers say this guy isn't "the one".

You must be registered for see images attach
Geez. When you look at this spread sheet it makes you wonder.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Here was the locker room feedback on Adam Gase, and 2018 season postscripts

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223482025.html

▪ One complaint voiced by players about Gase is that he didn’t necessarily stick with what was working in games. One player said the team would be running the ball successfully, and Gase inexplicably then started throwing it.

One sentiment we heard: Gase wanted to fool the other team but sometimes ended up outsmarting himself. That frustrated some players.

▪ Another view expressed from the locker room: Gase wasn’t as emotionally level as a head coach needed to be at times. One player said if a play-call didn’t work, he sometimes let it carry over for several minutes and was out of sorts emotionally. That player said a more level, a more even emotional approach would have been preferred.

▪ As ESPN’s Cameron Wolfe tweeted, “a few guys told me [they] felt alienated and held to a different standard if they weren’t one of ‘his guys’ like Ryan Tannehill and others.” That’s something we’ve also heard.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Here was the locker room feedback on Adam Gase, and 2018 season postscripts

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223482025.html

▪ One complaint voiced by players about Gase is that he didn’t necessarily stick with what was working in games. One player said the team would be running the ball successfully, and Gase inexplicably then started throwing it.

One sentiment we heard: Gase wanted to fool the other team but sometimes ended up outsmarting himself. That frustrated some players.

▪ Another view expressed from the locker room: Gase wasn’t as emotionally level as a head coach needed to be at times. One player said if a play-call didn’t work, he sometimes let it carry over for several minutes and was out of sorts emotionally. That player said a more level, a more even emotional approach would have been preferred.

▪ As ESPN’s Cameron Wolfe tweeted, “a few guys told me [they] felt alienated and held to a different standard if they weren’t one of ‘his guys’ like Ryan Tannehill and others.” That’s something we’ve also heard.
The Cardinals players could have said the same of BA?;)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The Cardinals players could have said the same of BA?;)

Except for the level headed criticism I'd say you are probably right.

The article did offer this opinion of Gase too...

I expect Gase to be a better coach his second time around because he’s smart and creative. It would have been interesting to see what he could have done with a new quarterback.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/1...adam-gase-firing-head-coach-nfl-fired-twitter

“We never honestly had an identity. When you don’t have an identity as an offense it’s hard because you don’t know what to go to when things go wrong. You’re just trying stuff.” - Miami Dolphins OT Ja’Wuan James.

So what do I hear? I heard a surprising number of veterans, including SURPRISING ones like Frank Gore, Kenny Stills, and especially Cameron Wake, all rose up and disavowed Gase privately. Wake and Stills directly to Steve Ross. Kenyan Drake wanted a trade if Gase remained.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/1...adam-gase-firing-head-coach-nfl-fired-twitter

“We never honestly had an identity. When you don’t have an identity as an offense it’s hard because you don’t know what to go to when things go wrong. You’re just trying stuff.” - Miami Dolphins OT Ja’Wuan James.

So what do I hear? I heard a surprising number of veterans, including SURPRISING ones like Frank Gore, Kenny Stills, and especially Cameron Wake, all rose up and disavowed Gase privately. Wake and Stills directly to Steve Ross. Kenyan Drake wanted a trade if Gase remained.
WOW

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Stills did say this however...“I don’t know who your source is, but this is completely false. I’ve never publicly or privately “disavowed” Coach Gase. Nothing but love for the Gase family.”

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Stills did say this however...“I don’t know who your source is, but this is completely false. I’ve never publicly or privately “disavowed” Coach Gase. Nothing but love for the Gase family.”
Probably the same source that insists BA was pushed out...

Has anyone read more posts on the phinsider site, to see if they are all conspiracy theories?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson