Adam Gase?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Considering that Bidwill and Keim were already concerned about Wilks after 2 weeks, they had plenty of time to think about this decision

He also said he was giving him the whole season to see if he could correct the problems and obvious to anyone watching he didn't. That he even asked for his 2019 plans before the firing shows me he was even more than willing to give him a chance if he gave him something he believed in. Have to give him credit, he didn't make a rash decision (no matter what the media folks think).

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
a couple things.

The guy is a great play caller. Made Brock and Tannehill look good. And was awesome at chunk plays.

Good resume with QB's.

Still picked Gore over Drake which mystifies me.

I think he will be a coach next year.

Gase/Bowles
or
McCarthy/Bowles

would make me happy.

seriously...... we need to go back to a 3-4. That's my biggest opinion other than needing an offensive mind at Head Coach.

3-4 with man to man coverage. We have one the best man to man corners in the game, USE that.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could live with Gase . He was a hot commodity when he was hired. The big question is who would be his qb coach , his OC and his DC.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Adam Schefter‏Verified account@AdamSchefter 1h1 hour ago
Former Dolphins’ HC Adam Gase is scheduled to take his first HC interview this post-season with the Arizona Cardinals on Wednesday, per source.

Like I said in another thread, we need to move fast this time around and not wait around. Also to what Timm said, I think Bidwill has known for awhile that Wilks was not coming back so he's had plenty of time to consider who and what he wants.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cards brass obviously have a list of candidates. Gase becoming available could have shuffled the deck a bit. I highly doubt anything will happen real soon but I firmly believe we won’t be the last team to hire our new head coach. It’s so important not to drag our feet. We need to have the pick of the litter to fill the coaching staff.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If it’s Gase it will be soon, no reason to wait like the coaches that have teams in the playoffs
This...If Gase is your guy, you don't wait...because he's likely another team's guy, too. It may be a month before you can hire that Rams dude, or anyone else in the playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What do u like about gase

He has a long experience despit being just 40

His record in Miami wasnt bad at all, like 0.490

He didnt coqch a great quality roster and tannehill has been injured a lot

What is gase background with qb's?

I heeard he liked Rosen a lot coming out of college, dont know if he still has the same feeling?

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cards can’t hire Gase immediately. For one the Rooney rule and two, the organization would get blasted for not doing their due diligence. I will say if they truly believe Gase is their guy than get your other interviews over with and then pounce.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The cards can’t hire Gase immediately. For one the Rooney rule and two, the organization would get blasted for not doing their due diligence. I will say if they truly believe Gase is their guy than get your other interviews over with and then pounce.

Rooney rule is out of the way the minute they interview Bienemy.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Wilks is still under contract. That should exhaust any Rooney rule going forward?

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rooney rule is out of the way the minute they interview Bienemy.
That’s my point. They can’t hire him tomorrow even if it is their guy. I would imagine that Gase is going to want to explore his options . What the Cards can do is blow him away with an offer he won’t find anywhere else.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
That’s my point. They can’t hire him tomorrow even if it is their guy. I would imagine that Gase is going to want to explore his options . What the Cards can do is blow him away with an offer he won’t find anywhere else.

Nobody said immediately but they can hire him next week if they want unlike any coach currently on a playoff roster.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Would you personally be happy with Gase?

Not sure, he has quite a bit of experience and success as an OC, mixed results in Miami but he is still fairly young. I’d like to know who he’d have as his key assistants though.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Looking at Gase’s offenses I am not sure there is a lot of success there, with Manning he had the #1 and #4 offenses, without him 21, 24, 25, 31...that’s not so good.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking at Gase’s offenses I am not sure there is a lot of success there, with Manning he had the #1 and #4 offenses, without him 21, 24, 25, 31...that’s not so good.
ok but after manning what qb he had to work with?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
ok but after manning what qb he had to work with?

Cutler and Tannehill mostly. Those numbers appear to be Whisenhunt like, successful with a great QB not so great with anyone else.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Belicheck won with Matt Cassell and Jimmy Garoppolo....although he came from the defensive side of coaching.

To go from a top 5 offense with Manning to never getting out of the 20’s with anyone else isn’t inspiring. For reference his best offense without Manning was only marginally better than the Cardinals 2017 offense with no DJ and with Stanton and Gabbert starting multiple games.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would argue Cassell and Garoppolo are better than Cutler and Tannehill, so not sure how that figures in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson