Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. WHO? We have Green and then...

DHop 6'1" (SUSPENDED FOR 6 GAMES)
Brown 5'9"
Isabella 5'9"
Moore 5'7"
Dortch 5'7"

LOL. Let's see it happen. Hollywood was trash on the outside in Baltimore. He was just below average from the Slot.
Lamar was trash throwing the long ball. Kyler is arguably the best in the league.

I'd like to see if it does happen.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most likely he sticks through 6 games and they try to trade him before the deadline or he's cut.
So he needs to be getting another look, for if nothing else increasing his trade value.

So since DHop doesn't count against the number until he is back, we will likely keep both Wesley and Andy until at least then.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LOL. WHO? We have Green and then...

DHop 6'1" (SUSPENDED FOR 6 GAMES)
Brown 5'9"
Isabella 5'9"
Moore 5'7"
Dortch 5'7"

LOL. Let's see it happen. Hollywood was trash on the outside in Baltimore. He was just below average from the Slot.
Thought I was tripping.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Andy had a really good showing, although playing against 2nd team defense. His line was close to 4/67 and two major PI calls. He contributed to over 100yards of offense.

Still not sure he makes the team, but I wonder if Kliff likes what he did that game. I definitely did.

I meant to say that too he had some impressive highlights. On the play where Trace took off and ran for a nice gain Andy was even blocking downfield and gave him extra yards

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I meant to say that too he had some impressive highlights. On the play where Trace took off and ran for a nice gain Andy was even blocking downfield and gave him extra yards
At the least should be able to trade him for a swap of picks, e.g. 7th for a 6th. He was waaay overdrafted but that's not his fault. If he sticks it will be because of special teams.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because our top 4 will play little to no special teams, the last two will have to play a ton of it. Andy, Dortch, Boldin >>>>>>> Wesley in that department.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I thought a couple of wide open catches padded his stats.

His ball tracking is awful and has Chopper said he's poor playing through contact.

For a guy that's supposed to be quick he can't get off the LOS and get open quickly. He takes ages to get open.

His blocking was pretty good though.

Most likely he sticks through 6 games and they try to trade him before the deadline or he's cut.
This was an issue at the Senior Bowl. He had to make so many moves to get open that it took to long. He wasn't able to burst off the line, get through the jam and then separate at the top of the route. It looked like street ball dribblers who make a billion moves but don't go anywhere.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lamar was trash throwing the long ball. Kyler is arguably the best in the league.

I'd like to see if it does happen.
Cool story, but Brown is likely to be running DHop’s routes early in the year, and those patterns look exactly like what made him one of the more inefficient starting receivers in the NFL last year.

Let’s say it’s an unknown at this point. And it’s maybe a problem if Wesley can’t get healthy in the next month.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I thought Andy had a really good showing, although playing against 2nd team defense. His line was close to 4/67 and two major PI calls. He contributed to over 100yards of offense.

Still not sure he makes the team, but I wonder if Kliff likes what he did that game. I definitely did.
I do not like him and still do not like him as an NFL WR

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool story, but Brown is likely to be running DHop’s routes early in the year, and those patterns look exactly like what made him one of the more inefficient starting receivers in the NFL last year.

Let’s say it’s an unknown at this point. And it’s maybe a problem if Wesley can’t get healthy in the next month.
So you went from there was no one to running the outside routes, to agreeing that Brown is likely to running them. Cool story.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I think we might even keep Bolden over Isabella. I've just never been impressed and think this is the year he gets cut.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trade bait.

Hopefully we can get a few large bags of hot cheatos instead of a single cup of noodles.

Last edited:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
When god gives you lemons…

This team could surprise as the best running team in the NFC.

I was a big fan of Andy when we drafted him. Truth told, playing under lights really f with me too- I had lots of balls bounce of my face mask. It’s completely embarrassing. It also motivated me to catch 100 balls a day MINIMUM. I was usually in the 2-250/day range. Needless to say my hands became sure fire.

I wish he was more, but for whatever reason, he isn’t.

I wish him luck; not a hater. He will probably make the active roster for 6 (which oddly enough accrues him another year credit for pension).

I expected a lot more out of him. Those saying he had a good block, I will agree. It was good on the scale of poor-needs improvement-satisfactory-good-great-excellent-“holy **** did you get the license plate?”

He doesn’t impress me.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was an issue at the Senior Bowl. He had to make so many moves to get open that it took to long. He wasn't able to burst off the line, get through the jam and then separate at the top of the route. It looked like street ball dribblers who make a billion moves but don't go anywhere.

His yards on Friday were mostly from 2 plays that were long developing scrambles. He's just not a guy you can rely on to get open within 2.5 seconds which is an issue for someone with his size and speed. He should be all about getting open within 2.5 seconds.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Good news for Brown, Lamar WON'T be throwing to him.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s kinda pathetic. I’ve coached 7 through 12 year olds to hand catch.
It is definitely overplayed. Like Kyler being short or doesn't watch film. Old news.

While he wasn't a WR, Vernon Davis caught most of the balls he caught with his body. Didn't keep him from being a hell of a player when healthy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
...and if Kyler goes down?

You can't be 3 and 4 deep everywhere.
This is a non-sequitur. My belief is that for the first six weeks of the season when we're in 11 personnel it'll be Wesley and Green on the outside and Brown in the slot. That allows everyone to be in their best position to make plays.

If you put Brown outside and Moore in the slot then you're (probably) limiting the playmaking ability of Brown to get Moore touches in the slot (where he's been limited historically).