Acquiring Kevin Love

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This might have no foundation in reality but I'm bored and it's intriguing to me so WTH. I was reading online (sorry I don't have the source. It was on bleacher report I think) that Kevin Love doesn't get along with Kurt Rambis, has refused to play behind Beasley, and could be had for the right price. How would you like to have K. Love? What do you think it would cost to acquire him? Personally, I would love to have the guy.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Personally, I would love to have the guy.
I'm with you. Kevin Love is 22 years old and was a 1st round - 5th pick. 6'10 - 250.

His first season he averaged 11.1 points and 9.1 rebounds in 25.18 minutes.

Last season he averaged 14.0 points and 11.0 rebounds in 28.36 minutes.

For his two-year career, it's 12.4 points and 9.9 rebounds in 26.41 minutes. His rebounds average 3.6 offensive and 6.3 defensive.

I'm looking forward to a solid season from Robin Lopez at the post, but we have to be covered in case of further injury.

Channing Frye is not a Center, no matter how much we're paying him or how tall he is.

We desperately need Kevin Love's skills.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns should try to get Dwight Howard too. I think he'd be a real good fit.

Hate to say it but the Suns don't have a shot at Love. Bleacher report is just a blog site where anyone can post what they want so citing them is no different than citing any random poster on any message board. One of the reasons the Wolves traded Jefferson was to cater to Love and the addition of Beasley will have no effect on that.

Suns don't have anything that could net Love from the Wolves.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I don't think he is a true 6'10 besides he wants too much money in an extension.
In face he measured in at 6'7 something in shoes and doesn't have long arms in comparison Anthony Randolph has 3 inches on him on vertical reach.

On top of that Kevin Love won't play behind Beasley in Minnesota now that Jefferson is gone, so Minnesota won't just trade him.

Plus Kevin Love can rebound but beyond that he doesn't do much offensively, career 45% shooters as a PF, defensively a non factor.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This might have no foundation in reality but I'm bored and it's intriguing to me so WTH. I was reading online (sorry I don't have the source. It was on bleacher report I think) that Kevin Love doesn't get along with Kurt Rambis, has refused to play behind Beasley, and could be had for the right price. How would you like to have K. Love? What do you think it would cost to acquire him? Personally, I would love to have the guy.

I posted something along those lines right after the playoffs ended. Love and Rambis supposedly clashed a lot last season and despite big numbers he spent a lot of time on the bench. Once they decided to trade Jefferson instead though it made me wonder if the rift was not as wide as we were lead to believe. Regardless, I was pushing for a 3 way trade with Amare and Love involved so obviously I'd be for whatever it took to make it happen.

As for what I'd be willing to give up - ANY combination of players that doesn't involve Dragic or Lopez plus no more than one pick would be fine by me. OTOH, everybody says the GM there is an idiot so let's test that theory and offer him Clark and Richardson for Love and a future number one (plus whatever fillers are required to make it work). Of course, Wolves fans are probably thinking something along these lines: everybody says their Owner is an idiot so let's offer them Love for Dragic, Lopez, JR and a future 1st rounder.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he is a true 6'10 besides he wants too much money in an extension.
In face he measured in at 6'7 something in shoes and doesn't have long arms in comparison Anthony Randolph has 3 inches on him on vertical reach.

On top of that Kevin Love won't play behind Beasley in Minnesota now that Jefferson is gone, so Minnesota won't just trade him.

Plus Kevin Love can rebound but beyond that he doesn't do much offensively, career 45% shooters as a PF, defensively a non factor.

I don't really know how tall he is but I know he plays big enough for me. Also, watching the USA team a few weeks ago I saw a shot of him standing next to Durant and they looked within an inch of each other (height wise). He may not be perfect but he's a smart player that would fit in perfectly in Phoenix, IMO. With Amare gone I don't really think we have the tradable pieces to make this deal but that's a different story.

Steve

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of course, Wolves fans are probably thinking something along these lines: everybody says their Owner is an idiot so let's offer them Love for Dragic, Lopez, JR and a future 1st rounder.

Wolves fans are probably not at all interested in that package. The Wolves just invested a considerable amount into 2 centers this offseason, they have Flynn, Ridnour and the rights to Rubio.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
The Dragon will eat them up and spit them out next year. Give them JR and Clark. That's enough I say. Throw in Channing Frye.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Wolves fans are probably not at all interested in that package. The Wolves just invested a considerable amount into 2 centers this offseason, they have Flynn, Ridnour and the rights to Rubio.

Why the heck would the Suns want to trade Lopez and Dragic for Love, ridiculous. Let alone throwing in Richardson's expiring and a first.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why the heck would the Suns want to trade Lopez and Dragic for Love, ridiculous. Let alone throwing in Richardson's expiring and a first.

I never said the Suns would do it. I just said the Wolves wouldn't. I'm willing to bet that Love has more value around the league than Lopez/Dragic, not that i necessarily agree.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was just describing an equally imbalanced trade to the one that would have benefitted us. Whether they'd want those particular pieces isn't all that relevant. It's pretty much the most impressive package we could offer which if nothing else has value from an acquisition of assets standpoint. I don't really think we have much to offer the Wolves that they would jump on without getting other teams involved.

Steve

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score

He measured 6'9.5 in shoes according to Draftexpress and offensively Love made 35 3PTers this year, so he'd fit right in! :D

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He was OK against Euros today when I watched him, but he would be be just OK against NBA players. I wouldn't be against the Suns getting him, but I certainly wouldn't give up a lot to get him. Just a bigger version of Amundson from the game I say him play today.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was OK against Euros today when I watched him, but he would be be just OK against NBA players. I wouldn't be against the Suns getting him, but I certainly wouldn't give up a lot to get him. Just a bigger version of Amundson from the game I say him play today.

At first I was going to say something like: Really???. While I don't see the comparison it dawned on me that I'd absolutely love to have a "bigger Amundson". His size was pretty much my biggest complaint about the guy. Still, I think Love is much more polished offensively than Amundson could ever hope to be. Granted, that's based on watching him as a college player at UCLA but I doubt those skills have eroded.

Steve

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Love can hit 3s. Enough said. The only thing they have in common is their skin color. Amundson is an athletic freak. Love is a fundamental wonder. Love can throw a fantastic outlet pass.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think a better comparison for Kevin Love is Tom Gugliotta. Not the most athletic, but smart & hard working.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I think a better comparison for Kevin Love is Tom Gugliotta. Not the most athletic, but smart & hard working.

I think Love could be much better than Googs, even though Googs was pretty good before that injury.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love is an intriguing guy because in college he was a low post scorer who wanted the freedom to shoot more jumpshots(and got it as the season went on). In the NBA he's become a face up jumpshooter, I actually read a review on him a few months ago that said he needs to develop more post moves, obviously someone has never seen him play.

Minnesota had Jefferson so they didn't use Love as a post scorer, he can score in there although he will have issues getting his shot off at times. Also a great passer and ferocious rebounder, would love to have him as a Warrior.

Admittedly not a great defender.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson