53 man roster

Garthshort

Reaction score
1. Not saying that Wiggins can't do it. I'm saying we just don't know.
2. I might be wrong, but believe I read, on more than one occasion, that Arizona considers Banjo one of their best ST players.

juza76

Registered
Reaction score
1. Not saying that Wiggins can't do it. I'm saying we just don't know.
2. I might be wrong, but believe I read, on more than one occasion, that Arizona considers Banjo one of their best ST players.

I think they see wiggins as an impact special team player early in his career

Garthshort

Reaction score
ST coach (Rodgers) was quoted before Rookie Camp and before mandatory OTA. Fingers crossed that he still thinks the same. W/o any hitting I'm guessing the only thing they could have measured him on, was speed and how quickly he was able to grasp things. He does seem to have the size to be an effective Special Teamer.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cause he showed to be, at least, serviceable in Cardinal red
When he was buried behind career special teamers at his position group or when he only played because he was literally all we had on the active roster who was healthy? I like Thompson and think he can be a decent player but the hate for Isabella on this board is laughable at times. Not a single team in the NFL would offer more for a last string safety than former 2nd round pick who has shown he can get behind defenses. Not a one lol.

juza76

Registered
Reaction score
When he was buried behind career special teamers at his position group or when he only played because he was literally all we had on the active roster who was healthy? I like Thompson and think he can be a decent player but the hate for Isabella on this board is laughable at times. Not a single team in the NFL would offer more for a last string safety than former 2nd round pick who has shown he can get behind defenses. Not a one lol.

But I didn't see any team willing to offer something for him, moreover he has been a healthy inactive in the second part of the season
He doesnt play special teams, doesn't have great hands, height, lenght, is not a good route runner, beside speed what do u see?
Being a former second round pick doesn't mean he can maintain some value especially after 2 mediocre seasons
I don't have any hate towards him, just disappointed

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What happened?
They gave him plenty of time to find a new home, there is a reason no one seems to be interested
I don't know if he ignored his tape and demand a better treatment
Nobody likes to overpay underperforming players, not a Cardinals fault

I assume he means the way he restructured his deal, which players usually do to stay, and then then told him to find a new home anyway.

I don't quite see it that way. I don't think the FO were driving the decision to let him seek a trade, and think Hicks requested it. I think the FO want him to stay and want him to play significant snaps. He's just not the guaranteed starter. Nobody should be.

Yes, in the excitement of the draft Kliff and Keim suggested they want to see him starting early but that doesn't means Collins doesn't have to earn it. At the end of the day the best players will make the field. Hicks has to fight for it. He needs to earn it because he was poor last year.

juza76

Registered
Reaction score
Hicks always seems to play hard and gives good effort. The problem is his lack of speed. JMO.

His lack of speed allowed several first downs last year, and he is not enough physical to be a thumper too.. I undestand the effort, but he has been a key part of not getting to the playoff

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We did Jordan Hicks dirty.

It's a business.

It's fairly obvious the Cardinals were targeting Collins, but if they didn't get him? Hicks would likely still be the starter.

I'm more of a pro-labor guy in most instances, but Hicks was probably the Cardinals worst regular starter last year and one of the worst starters in the NFL overall. You don't really owe much to a guy who is among the worst at their position.

Garthshort

Reaction score
Krang, I understand your take, but there must have been something to have earned him a nice contract. Unfortunately, I know my post will probably pave the way for a lot of SK haters to chime in. And if they do, hopefully they'll include their opinions which they expressed when we first signed Hicks.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What happened?
They gave him plenty of time to find a new home, there is a reason no one seems to be interested
I don't know if he ignored his tape and demand a better treatment
Nobody likes to overpay underperforming players, not a Cardinals fault
You generally don't have a veteran player like Hicks take a pay cut for the betterment of the team, draft his replacement, and then bench him immediately in the span of 3 months.

That would be like JJ Watt declaring that he is holding out for a new contract after he just signed one in March because he feels like he is now the leader on the defense since Chandler Jones is holding out.

It is just bad business.