53-man roster projection for Cardinals after 1 week of training camp

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I don't love both of our later round OL picks (Smith and Hayes) from last year not making the team in favor of journeymen lineman we brought in (e.g., Daley, Elfein), but I get the thought that a new regime would pick the guys they brought in over them.

Leki Fotu getting cut would be a mild surprise, but a welcome one by most on this board.

Beyond that, I don't see anything overly controversial based on where the roster construction is currently at. This feels like the kind of year where we could hear "the Cardinals were awarded 5 waiver claims after roster cuts to 53".

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This gives me hope we will have a good secondary. Hamilton was decent last season, unless he fell off a cliff then maybe Matthew and Clark are better than decent.

If Christian Matthew is a good starter next year he would be Keim's best value draft pick.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't love both of our later round OL picks (Smith and Hayes) from last year not making the team in favor of journeymen lineman we brought in (e.g., Daley, Elfein), but I get the thought that a new regime would pick the guys they brought in over them.

Leki Fotu getting cut would be a mild surprise, but a welcome one by most on this board.

Beyond that, I don't see anything overly controversial based on where the roster construction is currently at. This feels like the kind of year where we could hear "the Cardinals were awarded 5 waiver claims after roster cuts to 53".
I agree with Hayes, obviously. Smith is tough because he doesn't work if you can't teach him to be a C. He was never projected as a NFL G.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In putting together a roster (53) is it safe to think that Special Teams are not as important as they use to be. By that I mean kick returns and kick coverage seem to be on the verge of extinction due to rules changes. Or will it be business as usual?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson