53-man roster projections for Cardinals after preseason opener

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We always heard Keim talk about churning the bottom 5 of the roster...I'd bet Monti will be churning the bottom 15 and will definitely be taking advantage of the waiver wire position, at least through week 4.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We always heard Keim talk about churning the bottom 5 of the roster...I'd bet Monti will be churning the bottom 15 and will definitely be taking advantage of the waiver wire position, at least through week 4.
Kind of. I think there are some position groups on this roster where it doesn't make a ton of sense keeping many guys. You could put Demercado on the PS and are fine if someone grabs him. Same with Arias. Do we keep more than three TE?

My hope is Monti will value continuity more than Keim did. There are players who are worth churning but releasing young guys under contract should be a last resort.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of. I think there are some position groups on this roster where it doesn't make a ton of sense keeping many guys. You could put Demercado on the PS and are fine if someone grabs him. Same with Arias. Do we keep more than three TE?

My hope is Monti will value continuity more than Keim did. There are players who are worth churning but releasing young guys under contract should be a last resort.

My thought as well. I think Monti likes the young guys that he has brought in and isn't going to throw poo on the wall just to see what sticks like Keim did.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Looking at our RB room, I don't know why we would keep more than three on the 53 man roster.
This the #1 position I expect Monti to be active in, with the waiver wire...or finally bringing in one of the high-priced vets on a 1 year prove it deal.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jones is a much better player than Hayes. I don’t think Hayes makes the team if he keeps playing like he did against Denver.
I disagree that Hayes had any worse of a game than Jones. They played against similar competition and Jones has a lot more experience which I would cite is more disappointing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Our LG might play better once Hump plays.
Mmm. I just wouldn't make many definitive judgements regarding the offensive line after the first pre-season game. Again, they haven't been able to hit much due to rules which is big for offensive linemen, they have multiple new players, and they have a new scheme. Game three should be a better indicator IMO.