Updated 53-man roster for Cardinals after waiver claims

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Where JG has been good is in improving secondaries as a group. I’m pretty sure that he made the Eagles secondary last year better both individually & as a unit.
Maybe. For me it is more likely the secondary did better last year because they added James Bradberry to pair with Darius Slay.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe. For me it is more likely the secondary did better last year because they added James Bradberry to pair with Darius Slay.
Keep in mind that in JG’s first year in Philly (2021), he went to Sirianni and encouraged him to build the O first & he would make the best of what was then an awful defense. The Eagles started 2-5, the D wasn’t exactly a good one, but the D played well the rest of the way when they went 7-2 & the Eagles snuck into the playoffs. All the while, they didn’t have a lot of talent on that D.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that in JG’s first year in Philly (2021), he went to Sirianni and encouraged him to build the O first & he would make the best of what was then an awful defense. The Eagles started 2-5, the D wasn’t exactly a good one, but the D played well the rest of the way when they went 7-2 & the Eagles snuck into the playoffs. All the while, they didn’t have a lot of talent on that D.
Interesting for sure

But with this team I need to see it with my own eyes

Been burnt too many times

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting for sure

But with this team I need to see it with my own eyes

Been burnt too many times
Historically speaking, and I’ve followed this mess of a franchise for 60 years now, they generally perform best when no one was expecting it. And contrary to that, whenever they have been on the cusp of being legit, they have fallen flat on their face. Just off the top of my head, the following years fit in that category:

I’m not even remotely saying this season will be a playoff team. I’d be ecstatic if we won 6-7 games. Realistically, probably a 4-5 win team. But, I want to see a season like Coryell’s first in 1973. Even though we went 4-9-1, there were signs that things were changing. When old man Bidwill fired Coryell in 77 after a 7-7 season, it literally set this franchise back 25 years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Historically speaking, and I’ve followed this mess of a franchise for 60 years now, they generally perform best when no one was expecting it. And contrary to that, whenever they have been on the cusp of being legit, they have fallen flat on their face. Just off the top of my head, the following years fit in that category:
who thought the Warner/Boldin/Dansby-less 2010 Cardinals were on the cusp of anything but complete and utter disaster?
definitely a face-plant year.
after back to back meltdowns in 2020/2021 and signing all the leaders of those meltdowns to huge extensions while doing nothing in FA in 2022, the only thing the 2022 team was on the cusp of was a wayyyy outside shot at a Wild Card but more likely backsliding towards laughingstock.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
who thought the Warner/Boldin/Dansby-less 2010 Cardinals were on the cusp of anything but complete and utter disaster?

definitely a face-plant year.

after back to back meltdowns in 2020/2021 and signing all the leaders of those meltdowns to huge extensions while doing nothing in FA in 2022, the only thing the 2022 team was on the cusp of was a wayyyy outside shot at a Wild Card but more likely backsliding towards laughingstock.
The 2010 Cardinals were a perfect example of the ineptitude of this franchise. Yes, they lost Warner, Boldin, and Dansby. And yet, they chose not to do anything about it. By then, it was obvious that Leinart was a bust, and yet the only thing we did was draft a 5th round QB Skelton. So my point is EXACTLY made. We come off a last minute SB loss in 2008, and a 10-6 2009 team, and then go 5-11 in 2010. That equates to FALLING FLAT ON YOUR FACE.

Same thing applies to 2022. The franchise goes from 3 to 5 to 8 to 11 wins & then FALLS FLAT ON THEIR FACE WITH 4 wins in 2022. This isn’t rocket science. Yet, another example of this franchise not realizing that they were no where near good enough to improve upon 2021 considering they did almost nothing to improve the team after a typical KK performance in the second half of a season. Even though he did that for like 9 straight years when you factor in his entire HC career.