53 man roster

juza76

Registered
Reaction score
Deionta Thompson
Andy Isabella
Can be trade candidates
Thompson has a bit more value but for each of them should be just a swap of players

Garthshort

Reaction score
If Las Vegas asked you to come up with an over/under for incorrect picks on our Final 53 (in the above article) what would you come up with?

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I pretty much agree with all of this except for the following:

I really don’t want to see winters starting, I watched him a lot with Buffalo last year and Jones needs to win that spot.

I hope we carry an extra DL or OLB instead of a 5th ILB.

I see Washington and Banjo (at least one of the two) as expendable with Wiggins and Williams being on the squad, assuming they will play special teams. D Thompson is a player who looked a lot better in his time last year and I would really like to have him on the roster over Washington and Banjo.

Garthshort

Reaction score
BigDavis, I have a feeling that you don't put much value on Special Teams. Not saying you're wrong, even though I disagree.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
BigDavis, I have a feeling that you don't put much value on Special Teams. Not saying you're wrong, even though I disagree.

How so? I specifically included the caveat of Williams and Wiggins playing special teams.

Also, D Thompson played almost as many ST snaps as Banjo so I don’t think there’s evidence he would be a step down there but he likely has a higher ceiling as a safety.

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't see Shawn Williams who is a jag on the downslope of his career making the roster over Deionte Thompson who is still young and has 2 years of his cheap rookie deal left.

Neither are going to start and it makes far more sense to develop Thompson than roster a 1 year JAG that's 30.

Garthshort

Reaction score
BigDavis, you're replacing one or two ST stars (Banjo/Washington) with a guy, Wiggins, who has never played NFL ST's, and one Williams, who to be honest I'm not sure about. Like you, I'm hopeful that Wiggins pans out, but I see your choices as the unknown vs. the known.

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't see Shawn Williams who is a jag on the downslope of his career making the roster over Deionte Thompson who is still young and has 2 years of his cheap rookie deal left.

Neither are going to start and it makes far more sense to develop Thompson than roster a 1 year JAG that's 30.

The flip side is that Deionte isn't even a JAG. Williams worst seasons are on par with the best we've seen from the lesser Thompson.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
BigDavis, you're replacing one or two ST stars (Banjo/Washington) with a guy, Wiggins, who has never played NFL ST's, and one Williams, who to be honest I'm not sure about. Like you, I'm hopeful that Wiggins pans out, but I see your choices as the unknown vs. the known.

How is Banjo a special teams star, he played less than half our ST snaps last year? Also, rookies play ST in the NFL, what makes you think Wiggins can’t do this or would represent a step down from these other guys?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netsnjkidd