49ers trading 2018 2nd-round draft pick to New England for Patriots’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo

RINGLESS

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd have taken this trade for the Cards any day if it was available. (Possibly also a top 10 second round pick)

You have a guy who was originally a 2nd. Who's learned behind Bill, and Brady. He also did well in College and in his Pro starts.

I'd take that over someone fresh out of college and a 1st any day.

What irks me the most is staying with Drew Stanton. One of the worst QB's ever to play in this league. Incredibly inaccurate. He is extremely consistent at staring down his receiver right when the ball is snapped. But I can't blame Drew for being bad. I blame the FO for knowingly sticking with him year after year. They chose to lose when the chose to stick with him. The situation is a result of knowing something was bad for you, and choosing it anyways. I have a hard time getting past that. I can handle losing, but not in that fashion.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a potential pick among the top two in the 2018 NFL draft and roughly $60 million in salary-cap space in the offseason, the 49ers ultimately could decide to draft their quarterback of the future or use some of their money to sign a free-agent quarterback such as Washington's Kirk Cousins, sources said.

If the 49ers decide to not sign Garoppolo to a long-term deal, they always could use a franchise tag on him and then dangle him to the highest bidder in a trade. If they were to do that, there would be interest, sources said, and they could possibly get back more than the second-round pick they surrendered.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
With a potential pick among the top two in the 2018 NFL draft and roughly $60 million in salary-cap space in the offseason, the 49ers ultimately could decide to draft their quarterback of the future or use some of their money to sign a free-agent quarterback such as Washington's Kirk Cousins, sources said.

If the 49ers decide to not sign Garoppolo to a long-term deal, they always could use a franchise tag on him and then dangle him to the highest bidder in a trade. If they were to do that, there would be interest, sources said, and they could possibly get back more than the second-round pick they surrendered.

Smoke screen to drive up the price of moving to their spot to get your QB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn