#27 and #35 Trade Talk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heh I've been saying the same thing for weeks LOL.

Trading up just doesn't feel right. Let's say you trade to #20...the players are still on a similar tier at #20 as they are even at #35.

I think the top 10 picks are all Tier 1 players and that might even extend to about pick 12. After that there is probably a Tier 2 that lasts until about pick 45.

You have been yes but I am tighter on the top guys.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
i want 2 pics in the top 10 dammit - idc what houston did we were supposed to get 2 pics in the top 10 in 2024 - its one of the main reasons monti's first draft was graded so highly dammit - so stay at #4 AND do what ever you gotta do move the hell up because this draft may be loaded but sugarpuss - it aint that loaded - what - we're supposed to make the same jump houston did with only 1 top 10 pic? make it happen jackson - this is the year of the phoenix and his name is kyler murray - idk if he's a myth or truly magical but we've all seen him ignite

2 pics in the top 10 or you guys won't be saying "hey - that hippie is pretty bitchin"

oh no

you'll be saying - "damn - that hippie won't stop bitchin"

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Man, I hear this guy is an absolute animal in the gym. He's always working on his game.

People SOOOOOOO overrate the value of the fifth year for teams. They'll move up to get the prospect they like, but the fifth year doesn't come into play for the vast majority of these guys.
There is a reason I did not @ you and Mulli

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You have been yes but I am tighter on the top guys.
Tier 1:
Caleb Williams
Drake Maye
Marvin Harrison
Malik Nabers
Rome Odunze
Joe Alt
Dallas Turner
Byron Murphy
Jared Verse
Jayden Daniels

I include Daniels only because others view him that way and he does have skills. As much as I dislike Daniels, he's a much better player than Anthony Richardson was last draft

The next tier of players is pretty large. Guys like Latu and Newton didn't quite make the cut. You even have players like Chris Braswell who in some drafts would be a first round picks, but the depth of this draft pushed him down to the second round.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
There is a reason I did not @ you and Mulli
Reported for targeting.

Tier 1:
Caleb Williams
Drake Maye
Marvin Harrison
Malik Nabers
Rome Odunze
Joe Alt
Dallas Turner
Byron Murphy
Jared Verse

Jayden Daniels

I include Daniels only because others view him that way and he does have skills. As much as I dislike Daniels, he's a much better player than Anthony Richardson was last draft

The next tier of players is pretty large. Guys like Latu and Newton didn't quite make the cut. You even have players like Chris Braswell who in some drafts would be a first round picks, but the depth of this draft pushed him down to the second round.

Gimme a break on these guys. They're fine prospects who would be first rounders in most drafts, but they're not the blue-chip prospects the rest are (and even I'm iffy on Daniels). There might even be a couple more tackles and corners in there ahead of this second tier.

I guess it's time to pre-cope on the trade down and Monti can't get back for a top prospect.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Byron Murphy is slowing creeping up into the top ten. By draft day, someone will have him going to 5.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@DVontel @Krangodnzr @GatorAZ @SoonerLou @Harry The Cardinals seem to be interested in Cooper DeJean...do you guys think he can play CB in the NFL? He seems too stiff to me, but I may be off.
Did you know that when/if he becomes a starter, he'll be the first white CB to do so since Jason Sehorn, who retired in 2003.

I don't think that should impact the kid. Just found that stat interesting.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Did you know that when/if he becomes a starter, he'll be the first white CB to do so since Jason Sehorn, who retired in 2003.

I don't think that should impact the kid. Just found that stat interesting.

WAIT WHAT HE'S WHITE?

Jason Sehorn was a real locker room leader. He did things the right way. Sneaky-fast.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, I didn't know he was white, but I have only heard about his motor, his work ethic and his propensity for breaking down game film. The kid competes.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
it feels like there are three pass rushers: Turner, Verse and Latu. If one of them falls into the late teens / 20 spot -- i would be perfectly ok burning a 3rds to move up and get him.

but that would be about it
I kinda expect Monti to be aggressive and move up for the guys he wants. That’s why I’m not against trading back from 4. I don’t want to go too far back but the more draft capital we get the more we can target players we love.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard