#27 and #35 Trade Talk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I could see a team that misses out on a QB early in the first move up from the second to secure that 5th year option on a 2nd tier QB. Maybe a team like the Raiders or Falcons target a player like Michael Penix Jr.

So maybe the Raiders trade #44, #77 and a 2025 5th to move up to #27.

This

That is not enough for me

Similar trade concept.

Now that I look at historical data, @MadCardDisease compensation is probably close.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have done so many mock drafts and Chopper is right. The pick to trade back from is 27 because the meat of the draft is 1-7 and 25-45
Heh I've been saying the same thing for weeks LOL.

Trading up just doesn't feel right. Let's say you trade to #20...the players are still on a similar tier at #20 as they are even at #35.

I think the top 10 picks are all Tier 1 players and that might even extend to about pick 12. After that there is probably a Tier 2 that lasts until about pick 45.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That’s how it’s been projected. That doesn’t mean it’ll actual end up being a good draft. For all we know, this draft could end up like the 2013 draft when it’s all said & done.
I remember the 2013 draft as being pretty weak overall. There is a reason that Eric Fisher went #1 overall. He wasn't even really viewed as a slam dunk player back then. You had guys like Mingo going high LOL.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Narrator:

"In fact, Chopper was not right."

:)
I remember the 2013 draft as being pretty weak overall. There is a reason that Eric Fisher went #1 overall. He wasn't even really viewed as a slam dunk player back then. You had guys like Mingo going high LOL.
@kerouac9 how good was Kevin Minter? "BPA" was a lie!!!!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Narrator:

"In fact, Chopper was not right."

:)

@kerouac9 how good was Kevin Minter? "BPA" was a lie!!!!
Looking back at that pick and you see a few picks later the Patriots take Jamie Collins and its so obviously a mistake.

Collins: 6'3 and runs a 4.6.

Minter: 5'11 and runs a 4.8.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Trading up just doesn't feel right. Let's say you trade to #20...the players are still on a similar tier at #20 as they are even at #35.
it feels like there are three pass rushers: Turner, Verse and Latu. If one of them falls into the late teens / 20 spot -- i would be perfectly ok burning a 3rds to move up and get him.

but that would be about it

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
For me, 27 is the more enticing pick to trade. I have read twitter speculation regarding Monti trying to trade 27 or 35 for young, established player. Not sure I believe it, but it is smart avenue to explore. I have said before, I don' know how much value 27 will have. Trading down from 27 would likely make sense.

@DVontel @Krangodnzr @GatorAZ @SoonerLou @Harry The Cardinals seem to be interested in Cooper DeJean...do you guys think he can play CB in the NFL? He seems too stiff to me, but I may be off.

Man, I hear this guy is an absolute animal in the gym. He's always working on his game.

I could see a team that misses out on a QB early in the first move up from the second to secure that 5th year option on a 2nd tier QB. Maybe a team like the Raiders or Falcons target a player like Michael Penix Jr.

People SOOOOOOO overrate the value of the fifth year for teams. They'll move up to get the prospect they like, but the fifth year doesn't come into play for the vast majority of these guys.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
there is no rule that says trading down = out of the range of top rated players.

this is especially true when the target of the trade up is a QB.

if the Cards traded down to #6, thats still in the range of top-rated players.
Most folks are looking for a haul. I agree that #6 would keep us right in it for those top players.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

No way in h-e-double hockey sticks should we do that deal!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score