24 - Season 3, Episode 1

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
**** EPISODE SPOILERS ****************************

Okay - so I just did not see that coming at all - Holy Cow are they serious about Jack's character being hooked on smack? I mean geez, apparently he went through a lot during the three year break between season 2 and 3.

Anyway, once again they have a strong opening show - I liked it. Still not too sure about Kim and her new "grown up" role - can someone please help her with her hair? So far I'm not impressed with her.

Glad to see Tony get the girl - she's a cutie.

So the Pres has been playing doctor it would seem. So far I like his brother's role, but I think something is going to happen there - I see his brother as being way overly protective. I actually "Woo Hoo'd" out loud when I saw that his head of security was back - I really liked his character.

Looks to be the start of another good season - let's hope they can keep it together.

Shawn

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was pumped for the opener, and it didn't disappoint.

Only thing I'm worried about is Kim being at CTU, hope they don't make her too much a part of what is going on.

Jack's "partner" seems cool, has things together.

I liked the line in there, I forget who said it...maybe Palmer or his brother, but it was..."It's starting to look like one of those days..."

lol

Mike

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike

I liked the line in there, I forget who said it...maybe Palmer or his brother, but it was..."It's starting to look like one of those days..."

lol

Mike

There were a lot of lines like that. In fact, towards the end, I thought they were beating it out of us by then. It seemed like every single plot point had to mention that it's going to be a bad day, or one of those days, or whatever...

All in all, I liked it--Jack being on whatever it is was quite a shock, but not so much as last year's episode 1 cliffhanger when Jack shoots that witness.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin

All in all, I liked it--Jack being on whatever it is was quite a shock, but not so much as last year's episode 1 cliffhanger when Jack shoots that witness.

And then cuts off his head!

Mike

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That was sweet...

Shawn

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Only thing I'm worried about is Kim being at CTU, hope they don't make her too much a part of what is going on.

Well at least she's not getting terrorized by a wife beater, a mountain lion, a mountain man, and a convenience store robber. Man her story line last year sucked.

Also what's with all the romance story lines in Episode 1? Bauer/Warner - unresolved issues. Kim/Chase & Palmer/Doctor - hiding their relationships. Michelle/Almeda - marraige problems. Plus these two new Hispanic characters marriage troubles. Some of these need to be resolved sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MaoTosiFanClub
Well at least she's not getting terrorized by a wife beater, a mountain lion, a mountain man, and a convenience store robber. Man her story line last year sucked.

Also what's with all the romance story lines in Episode 1? Bauer/Warner - unresolved issues. Kim/Chase & Palmer/Doctor - hiding their relationships. Michelle/Almeda - marraige problems. Plus these two new Hispanic characters marriage troubles. Some of these need to be resolved sooner rather than later.

There was marital problems between Tony and Michelle - I didn't get that at all - I thought it was just husband/wife banter, but I never sensed any trouble there.

Shawn

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
There was marital problems between Tony and Michelle - I didn't get that at all - I thought it was just husband/wife banter, but I never sensed any trouble there.

Shawn

I didn't sense any marriage problems, I think it was mostly about Tony getting a job offer in Washington DC, and Michelle not really having any prospects out there. And they were discussing whether to leave for DC or stay because Michelle would be unemployed if they went East.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I have a feeling either Tony or Michelle gets whacked this year. They're way too cheesy as a couple to make it through this season. I was sick of their flirting halfway through last season.

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't sense any marriage problems, I think it was mostly about Tony getting a job offer in Washington DC, and Michelle not really having any prospects out there. And they were discussing whether to leave for DC or stay because Michelle would be unemployed if they went East.

Yeah - that was about the extent that I got out of it.

I probably misread Mao's post.

Shawn

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling either Tony or Michelle gets whacked this year. They're way too cheesy as a couple to make it through this season. I was sick of their flirting halfway through last season.

Now that sounds plausible...one of them is toast...good call.

Mike

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
By the way, it's nice to see others that I can discuss 24 with. I love the show and since my roommate moved to NYC I've had no one to discuss the episodes with. Keep it up.

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, it's nice to see others that I can discuss 24 with. I love the show and since my roommate moved to NYC I've had no one to discuss the episodes with. Keep it up.

:thumbup:

We've been pretty on top of it the past two seasons - speculating about what's going to happen - who sucks, why was this last episode good, etc.

We have a few hard core fans watching here. :)

Shawn

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing
:thumbup:

We've been pretty on top of it the past two seasons - speculating about what's going to happen - who sucks, why was this last episode good, etc.

We have a few hard core fans watching here. :)

Shawn

Few hard cord fans, and a few hard core Kim-haters....

Was reading another board...Kim goes from ditzy blond to computer geek in 3 years, able to set permissions on CTU hard drives that lock out super geeks like the guy who sits across from her....uhhh...yeah...lol

Mike

OP
OP
FischerKing

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Was reading another board...Kim goes from ditzy blond to computer geek in 3 years, able to set permissions on CTU hard drives that lock out super geeks like the guy who sits across from her....uhhh...yeah...lol

Mike

exactly! I'm guessing I'm still not going to like what the writers do for and to her character. It's probably unfortunate since she seems to be somewhat of a good actress. The writers just seem to be totally lost with her character and her storyline. They should have killed her off during the first season.

Oh well...then what would we have to gripe about?

Shawn

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Mike

What else do you think they would have to do? IMO, this was a logical way to improve the show. There's no denying that they were going to keep her, but instead of coming up with yet another contrived idiotic plot for her, they instead include her now in the main storyline from the beginning.

To me, that's great work by the writers. I never really hated Kim, I just hated the way she was written. Right now, it shows more promise than ever before.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What else do you think they would have to do? IMO, this was a logical way to improve the show. There's no denying that they were going to keep her, but instead of coming up with yet another contrived idiotic plot for her, they instead include her now in the main storyline from the beginning.

To me, that's great work by the writers. I never really hated Kim, I just hated the way she was written. Right now, it shows more promise than ever before.

Yeah, that is true. I just think it's funny she goes from ditz to computer geek.

But it is a way better role for her than before.

Mike

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn