2024 Offseason

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
While most assume this current season as a wash, it will also show us things to build on, and with ample cap space and 2 first round picks we are on the right track to compete.

We are currently estimated at $48M in cap space next season + current rollover of $24M (we’ll assume 20M), which puts us at $68M of cash. We can also gain an additional 16M by cutting
-Zach Ertz (7.5M)
-James Conner (5.5M)
-Dennis Gardeck (2.8M)
After a quick glance I would assume the only people we try to re-sign for any significant money would be Hollywood Brown and MAYBE Simmons.

Assuming we have 2 top 10 picks, I would really prefer to target WR/DL with those picks.

Would love to hear some opinions on what positions should be sought after via FA vs the draft. Most of the reception of the team currently is pretty negative but as I said previously we are in a really good position next offseason

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If kyler and brown rekindle their college magic and also Wilson surprises do we need a generationAl WR as some suggest? I would trade down and stockpile additional picks not just this but next. But, I think we’ll be in QB replacement mode unfortunately

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If kyler and brown rekindle their college magic and also Wilson surprises do we need a generationAl WR as some suggest? I would trade down and stockpile additional picks not just this but next. But, I think we’ll be in QB replacement mode unfortunately
Uh, considering Brown isn't on a long-term contract, this is a passing league, Wilson is a nonentity at this point, and our WR room is still incredibly thin and unreliable, yes. Yes, we do need a generational WR. The draft pick craze on here is getting as out of control as the cap space craze. Cap space doesn't win games, nor do draft picks. Talented players win games. If we never draft top talent and always trade down for future picks that we constantly trade for more future picks, we'll never add the top-end talent needed to actually compete.

If I wasn't splashing the cash on a house atm, I would buy two new jerseys: One with Cap Space and one with Draft Pick on the back. Sadly, I don't have the cap space or cash to do so right now :D

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Running back - corner back- but really give some guys time to earn their starting position, some guys are hungry and are getting opportunity - like Tune

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
how many times over the past decade, were the Cardinals at 3 and 11 or something,... and as they lined up you just started chanting,... " come on Larry,...Come on Larry..." because you,...50 thousand fans in the stadium, the other team,...and all the viewers at home all knew...just knew,... it was going to Fitz??
This team needs that back.

KiwiCard

Veteran
Reaction score
In terms of the R1 picks at this very early stage in leaning towards Harrison Jr and the best D line player available at our second pick.

However as a talking point. If Paris Johnson looks really good at RT do we think the presence of Humphries is enough to stop us from drafting Alt or Fashanu - one or both could easily still be on the board at our second pick. Obviously Hump is the current leader of the line and seems like a really good guy and likely good for culture, but LT is a premium position and Hump is more middle half of the league, solid yet not spectacular. Grabbing one of Alt or Fashanu along with a G/C in R2 and we have the makings of an extremely good O line for years to come.

It certainly is an appeal to me, and I acknowledge that replacing our worst member of the Dline is a bigger need than replacing a solid starter in DJ, but if Alt or Fashanu look generational talents and the D line options look a tier below it would be hard to pass.