2024 Free Agency thread

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh a rebuild is a rebuild. Different teams have different success with different philosophies. The only thing that will count here is:

1. Can monti effectively identify talent
2. Can monti and team acquire talent (this is not the same as #1)
3. Can team retain talent
4. Can gannon and his team develop talent
5. Can gannon and team coach well
6. Injuries
7. Managing the cap effectively

This isn’t rocket science. Each of those is simple conceptually but difficult (or lucky as regards injuries) in practice. A confluence of all 7 gives you sustained success. Not anything we are doing differently this time around.
Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. Bills can have him. He's a vet min guy. I wouldn't pay him that.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
For a third and a 7th, I'm interested.

I agree with your thoughts process overall, but Snead was even successful when the Chiefs pass rush sucked.
I said in the last 2 weeks I wasn't interested.

Firstly CB values are dropping. Alexander and Ward still lead the market and they signed deals 2 years ago. Teams are playing a lot of 2 high and aDots are dropping. Do paying $20m per doesn't interest me.

Second, I'm wary of CBs coming out of a great defensive scheme that have only known that scheme. Same for CBs coming out of the Pats in the past.

I wouldn't complain if we traded for him but I would have been concerned. I'd rather spend that money on Reddick and role out a middling CB than vice versa.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have a feeling the plan is to let the draft play out and if we still need another WR, then we'll wait for June 1st/post draft cuts. No need to rush for the likes of Micheal Thomas or Tyler Boyd.
Agree..WR, DT, CB...some decent older vets will be cut over the next few months. We should be able to add to our talent on 1 and 2 year deals.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Bruh. Considering this deal and the one that Donovan Peoples-Jones signed, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cards double-dip at the WR position in the first two days of the draft. I'm sure we'll bring in some bodies at some point, but guys like Hunter Renfro, ODB, Tyler Boys, and Michael Thomas don't have any appeal for me.

Yuck.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruh. Considering this deal and the one that Donovan Peoples-Jones signed, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cards double-dip at the WR position in the first two days of the draft. I'm sure we'll bring in some bodies at some point, but guys like Hunter Renfro, ODB, Tyler Boys, and Michael Thomas don't have any appeal for me.

Yuck.

I fully believe they are drafting two receivers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard