2024 Free Agency thread

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont think a team trades up for MHJ. Chargers clearly need more assets not less. However, its ironic people easily dismiss the idea of a team trading after we saw the Texans trade us a first round pick to get Will Anderson. A guy who was not a Bosa/Jadeveon Clowney DE prospect or MHJ.

I think the Bears would absolutely do it if they had the assets for it. They cant so they pivoted it Allen. However, they were a team from the combine gossip discussing trying to move up to 5 for Odunze at the least.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I dont think a team trades up for MHJ. Chargers clearly need more assets not less. However, its ironic people easily dismiss the idea of a team trading after we saw the Texans trade us a first round pick to get Will Anderson. A guy who was not a Bosa/Jadeveon Clowney DE prospect or MHJ.

I think the Bears would absolutely do it if they had the assets for it. They cant so they pivoted it Allen. However, they were a team from the combine gossip discussing trying to move up to 5 for Odunze at the least.

Harbaugh had front row seats to MHJ last year. He’s the only WR that went for 100+ yards vs Michigan’s elite defense. However I’d be shocked if they traded up because any competent WR would be good with Herbert. The only way MHJ is gone is if New England goes galaxy brain and trades for Fields thinking they can compete right away.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have become certain we can have MHJ if we want him. However, I have become less certain Monti wants him. My gut says he takes Dallas Turner.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I have become certain we can have MHJ if we want him. However, I have become less certain Monti wants him. My gut says he takes Dallas Turner.
I want odunze if
i want odunze if we can’t get Marvin but I wouldn’t be pissed if we got the savage out of alabama

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Cards media seems to be of the belief Monti doesnt think you need great wrs to win in this league.

Trevor Sikkema was leaning towards the Cards taking Alt over MHJ before the Jonah Williams news.
Well, Monti is wrong. I guess he's right in his thinking that if you have a Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes, or Aaron Rodgers at QB, you can get by with less talented WR's because those guys are so good. But, for most teams that don't have one of the all time great QB's on their roster, you need to give your QB some weapons at the WR position,
Plus, look at the Pats when Brady had Randy Moss as his WR. They should have been 18-0. When Brady had great weapons in TB he won the SB too.
Take AJ Brown and Smith away from Jalen Hurts and replace them with Greg Dortch and Zach Pascal and we'll see what kind of passing attack they have.
Did Geno Smith all of a sudden become a pretty good QB or does throwing the ball to Metcalf, Lockett, and Smith-Njigba have something to do with it?
Prescott has Cee Dee
Deshaun had Hopkins
Tua has Tyreek and Waddle
Burrow has Chase
Herbert has had Allen and Williams
Purdy has Aiyuk and Deebo
the list goes on and on.

Then look at the bottom of the league's passing offenses and try to name a WR, without looking, on the Panthers, Giants, or Titans.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson