2024 Draft Prospect: RT Taliese Fuaga

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that WR is a popular target for the Cardinals early in the 1st round. However I wanted to highlight one of my favorite prospects for the Cardinals and that is RT Taliese Fuaga. I believe that Fuaga is the perfect fit for the Cardinals with his strength, physical style of play and ability to move. He is currently projected to be a top 15 pick by many draft experts so either the Cardinals would trade back from the #4 overall pick or have to trade up from the #27 overall pick to snag Fuaga.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a quick primer video on Fuaga:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All Pass Blocks vs UCLA:

All Pass Blocks vs Utah:

All Pass Blocks vs Wash:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Fuaga is a good football player. I think he will be a starting guard in the league for a long time.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Fuaga

but if the Cards trade down from #4 and take a OT, it better be Joe Alt

I really like Alt as well but it depends on how far back they trade or if the go after someone like Odunze or Nabers with that first pick.

If the cards trade back to say #8 with Atlanta then I believe that Alt will be out of the picture.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I love Fuaga as a prospect but his RT only designation is an issue, especially if you have to draft him high or trade up for him. I think his ranking has more to do with the lack of top end talent of the draft class in general more than him.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Fuaga as a prospect but his RT only designation is an issue, especially if you have to draft him high or trade up for him. I think his ranking has more to do with the lack of top end talent of the draft class in general more than him.
I have no issue with him playing the right side and I'm not sure why anyone should. If you look at the top 10 salaries for OTs in the league, FIVE of them play RT (Lane Johnson, Jawaan Taylor, Ryan Ramczyk, Tytus Howard, and Brian O'Neill).

By my math five of ten is half and I'm an Engineer so you know my math is good. :thumbup:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have no issue with him playing the right side and I'm not sure why anyone should. If you look at the top 10 salaries for OTs in the league, FIVE of them play RT (Lane Johnson, Jawaan Taylor, Ryan Ramczyk, Tytus Howard, and Brian O'Neill).

By my math five of ten is half and I'm an Engineer so you know my math is good. :thumbup:

I'm sure there are some youngins who would tell you that Math is racist, a social construct, and 10 divided by two is whatever you want it to be. ;)

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He’s in the late round conversation. He’s a road grader in the run game, but remember they sometime have a limited turn radius. He has all the talent but still is fairly raw. His footwork was marginal and he got csught upright too often. He’s very aggressive but his technique can breakdown when he gets carried away. I’d like him better in round 2, but not as early as the Cards pick. I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes earlier. If you can be patient you’d get a good player.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Fuaga would be an awesome RT for us, and I would be more than happy to move up slightly to get him. Perhaps #27 + #90 to get up around 20 and snag him.

He would be a no brainer at #27

Give mer PJJ, Veteran FA LG, Frohodlt, Hernandez, Fuaga

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I get that you can do it, but I don't really know that I want to go out of my way to do it. Lane Johnson was drafted because the Eagles expected Jason Peters to retire. Jason didn't, then got hurt, and Jordan Mailata became a gem that changed their plans. Ramczyk was the 32nd pick. Brian O'Neill was #62. Taylor was a FA signing when the Chiefs decided to start a vet FA LT for 3 mil.

I don't share this to try to re-hash a tired argument but LT still has more value and importance than RT. I would argue this even greater on the Cardinals because of Petzing's use of TEs. LT is going to get a lot less help than the RT in this offense. I like him as a prospect, but I am not trading down from 4 to select a RT unless I am getting a proven NFL player at a key position to do so.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that you can do it, but I don't really know that I want to go out of my way to do it. Lane Johnson was drafted because the Eagles expected Jason Peters to retire. Jason didn't, then got hurt, and Jordan Mailata became a gem that changed their plans. Ramczyk was the 32nd pick. Brian O'Neill was #62. Taylor was a FA signing when the Chiefs decided to start a vet FA LT for 3 mil.

I don't share this to try to re-hash a tired argument but LT still has more value and importance than RT. I would argue this even greater on the Cardinals because of Petzing's use of TEs. LT is going to get a lot less help than the RT in this offense. I like him as a prospect, but I am not trading down from 4 to select a RT unless I am getting a proven NFL player at a key position to do so.
Yeah I'm not advocating trading down from 4 to select him in the top ten. I'd rather go for Alt or Odunze/Nabers if they go that route. I'm more advocating for moving up a few spots from #27 to snag him.

Now if a team like the Saints wants to move up from #14 and throws in their 2025 and 2026 1sts then I might consider taking him in that range. I'd be fine taking Fuaga in the 13-27 range. I consider Fuaga in a tier below Alt/Odunze/Nabers. This is all assuming that MHJ is gone when the Cardinals are up at #4.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not advocating trading down from 4 to select him in the top ten. I'd rather go for Alt or Odunze/Nabers if they go that route. I'm more advocating for moving up a few spots from #27 to snag him.

Now if a team like the Saints wants to move up from #14 and throws in their 2025 and 2026 1sts then I might consider taking him in that range. I'd be fine taking Fuaga in the 13-27 range. I consider Fuaga in a tier below Alt/Odunze/Nabers. This is all assuming that MHJ is gone when the Cardinals are up at #4.
depending on how the board falls, I agree using a 3rd to trade up for 27 makes more sense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm doing that for a pass rusher not a RT.
Which one? I believe Turner goes high. Verse probably goes higher than I feel he should and seems like a top 15 guy. Chop Rob is going to probably blow up the combine which could bump him above some of these RTs and CBs. Latu has medical concerns which will impact his draft position in ways we won't know about.

I just don't think any of them will fall but I could be wrong.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Which one? I believe Turner goes high. Verse probably goes higher than I feel he should and seems like a top 15 guy. Chop Rob is going to probably blow up the combine which could bump him above some of these RTs and CBs. Latu has medical concerns which will impact his draft position in ways we won't know about.

I just don't think any of them will fall but I could be wrong.
Each has their warts to a degree. Turner is probably the safest, but I think Verse has a pretty high floor. Chop the highest ceiling. Latu won't be there unless medicals don't look good. Turner definitely won't be within in striking range on a reasonable trade up

I'd probably trade up for Verse if he started dropping a bit. I'd consider Chop because he has crazy good ability.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Back to Fuaga.

If you want a big, oversized, mean RT I think Mims is a better prospect than Fuaga.

Looks like a better athlete, better is space, his pass set looks better and he handles quicker crushers much better.

Not played a bunch but I like him more.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Back to Fuaga.

If you want a big, oversized, mean RT I think Mims is a better prospect than Fuaga.

Looks like a better athlete, better is space, his pass set looks better and he handles quicker crushers much better.

Not played a bunch but I like him more.
Disagree. Hands count. Starts count. Fuaga better in both areas.

Mims is so inexperienced and raw that it might be a really tough go for him. Athleticism only gets you so far and while scouts may drool over his tools, a HC, OC, and OL coach aren't going to cut him slack and put their QB/Offense at risk. 8 games does not get you ready for the NFL.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree. Hands count. Starts count. Fuaga better in both areas.

Mims is so inexperienced and raw that it might be a really tough go for him. Athleticism only gets you so far and while scouts may drool over his tools, a HC, OC, and OL coach aren't going to cut him slack and put their QB/Offense at risk. 8 games does not get you ready for the NFL.

Totally agree. Fuaga's hand placement and violent punch is one of the reasons I'm so high on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson